PDA

View Full Version : Seen a wall mountable fish bowl?

Dadie
30-May-11, 22:02
Its half a circle/bubble with a flat back and looks pretty neat as a design feature..but are they fish safe?
I was thinking of just having 1 goldfish or guppie (cold water) in it, but im not sure on the living conditions really...
Any opinions on them?
Yes im going mad with the nautical/sea theme bedroom at the mo and thought they looked good...but im more concerned with the fishes life than interior design..
I have a 3' tropical tank in the livingroom thats great water wise and has a good filter, but I cannot see how a filter can be incorpulated into the bubble.

Kathy@watten
01-Jun-11, 09:37
Think it's a bad idea, saw them too on ebay, how the hell do you clean em? and perfect place for guddling! Perhaps for older children eh? Bad enough having painted bunnies, the fish don't want to be used as a paint brush washer!

neepnipper
01-Jun-11, 13:56
Bowls are generally a a bad idea for fish because of the lack of surface area, you would not be able to keep a guppy in it as they are tropical fish, does it have a filter? If it doesn't then forget having any fish in it as the fish will be sitting in stagnant water and chances are they won't last long as you probably know from having a set up yourself. Goldfish can grow to 36 cm and they need 2 litres of water per cm of fish (not including the tail) so really they need to be in a large, well filtered tank. You could always have it just with pretty coloured glass pebbles and things in it without the fish?