PDA

View Full Version : ridicouks

Tighsonas4
28-May-11, 10:51
how ridiculous can things get these days [british rail]
the 1600 hrs train sitting in the station at wick in good condition . the line clear only trouble it cant move the crew had taken it from inverness an could not take it any further :roll: they got an old minibus on first then a peoples carrier had to be added think the crew got a TAXI
mcleods coaches rogart had been sent to thurso to help from there lol
they could make a better service in the days of steam
surely they could have been aware of this before that train left inverness
some hassle if you were on your way to australia tony

Gronnuck
28-May-11, 11:01
We were to meet people from Inverness on Thursday evening. The train was due to arrive at Thurso at 1746 hrs. Our visitors phoned us to say that they had been informed that the train would be stopping at Georgmas Junction and going no further. We told them to wait there and we would pick them up. When we arrived at Georgmas we found mini buses struggling to cope with people wanting to get to Thurso, Wick and also Scrabster in time for the ferry. If this is ScotRail at its best little wonder Caithness is a tourism desert.

pat
28-May-11, 11:11
How many of the folk affected - both passengers and folk waiting for them - will contact the senior folk at Scot Rail to complain?
Most folk will mutter under their breath and do nothing - please get out your pen and paper or email them

the only contact information I can find quickly is

Steve Montgomery
Managing Director, ScotRail

Steve Montgomery is the Managing Director of ScotRail. The Johnstone-born 46-year-old promises even more enhancements and investment in the drive for further improvements and excellence.

Steve has a strong rail operation and safety background and has been in the industry for over 25 years. After privatisation he was appointed as the Passenger Service Manager for the Queen Street, Edinburgh and North of Scotland area in 1997. Steve has since held various senior posts before becoming Operations and Safety Director when FirstGroup took over the franchise. In his spare time, Steve is a keen gardener.

The Executive Team includes:
Steve Montgomery, Managing Director
Kenny McPhail, Finance Director (Deputy Managing Director)
Kenny Scott, Engineering Director
Julie McComasky, Head of Human Resources
Jacqueline Dey, Operations Director
Jacqueline Taggart, Director of Customer Services

Company details

First ScotRail Limited. Registered in Scotland.
Number SC185018 395 King Street, Aberdeen AB24 5RP

Make your complaints to him and I am sure something will be done - at least he/they will get to know about how you are all feeling.

Bazeye
28-May-11, 15:07
Missed a connection from Carlisle to Edinburgh on the way to Thurso a few years back and they just said to wait for the next one. That is, until i caused a scene, much to the wifes embarassment. Anyway it worked a treat and they got us a taxi to Edinburgh and billed first Northwestern for it.

Stefan
28-May-11, 15:45
Most train companies fulfill their duty in getting you where you have a ticket to, no matter how. Last winter my wife and young daughter got stranded in Birmingham missing the last train around midnight on their way to visit family. They had been on trains all day and our daughter was in tears. Train station help desk got them a taxi and paid for the journey (over an hour) without blinking an eyelid.
On the way home they got stranded in Inverness as Scotrail wasn't running trains up to Caithness because of the snow and they also didn't put buses on as the roads where closed. They were simply told nothing Scotrail could do and they were entitled to claim the price for the tickets back. Thankfully a nice passenger on the train pointed out that the Citylink busses were running just fine and they made it home that night.

Another time I left my wife and daughter at the train station at Georgemas to catch the second train south in the morning. Staff saw me getting back in the car and driving off. They walked past my wife and daughter sitting in the cold waiting for the train that seemed to be late. Half an hour later my wife knocked on the door where 3 people sat inside with nice hot cuppa and was told that there was no trains that day. No alternative transport. She tried to ring me but I had no mobile reception. No buses out there... so she WALKED all the way back to Halkirk with a child and 2 suitcases !!! In the end I had to rush her down to Inverness so she could catch her connection south.

Complained both times but never even got a reply.

We avoid Scotrail like the plague. They don't get a penny off us any more. If we can't get a bus then it's a car job to Inverness.

pat
28-May-11, 20:05
I am a moaning old bat and will not take treatment like that.
I have had a taxi paid by Scot Rail from Inverness to Elgin, Inverness to Aberdeen, Aberdeen to Perth at various times, also paid for overnight in hotel in Inverness - they probably thought they are not going to get rid of this one until something is done and getting a taxi is the quickest easiest option before I start a mutiny and the press being notified by me.
If you do not stand up they will fob you off everytime.
If this is an ongoing situation has anyone contacted their MP or MSP - companies soon answer to them and the service changes.

pmcd
29-May-11, 13:43
Good PR. Caledonian Sleeper at Euston, 2045, Fri 27th May. Settle in cattle class banquette. Plan - a snack, a kip, and a happy wake up in Inverness at 0830.

"Ladies and gentleman, due to Health and Safety reasons, there is no Buffet Car on this service".

Said without expression, or regret.

"But you'll have time to nip up to the shops and get something for the journey." (Half an hour to go until departure. Most of the punters not yet on board)

OK for those who'd arrived early.

Not so much fun for people arriving any later, who didn't hear the message.

Then we were 50 minutes late arriving in Inverness. Which screwed some peoples' connections.

"No, even if we're arriving at 0910, we can't hold the next train for you. No, there are still no tea or coffee facilities. No, I don't know what the 'Health and Safety' reason for the missing Buffet Car was"

The staff weren't particularly rude, sullen or surly. S**t happens, is their motto. A quick shrug, and on to the next cock-up.

Left luggage lockers at Inverness bolted and shuttered a few days previously. "Closed at 1pm. Staff Shortages".

Scotrail needs remedial management training, but, above all, retribution, revenge, and retaliation for turning what can be a lovely journey into a showcase for de-unionisation and "public service"

I have a winner!

Let them eat one of their own bacon rolls (as provided when they have a working Buffet Car). The nearest description I can give is that of a bit of reconstituted bacon slurry and gristle pressed together, and heated in a microwave until the nitrites give it a glowing pinky red colour, which offsets the glue-grey of the gelatinous fat strip running through the pseudo-bacon. This is tenderly placed in a warm face flannel which has been marinaded in toast crumbs and salt, and pre-baked to give the impression of some other colour than beige.

I know, a bit harsh, almost inhuman, but I'm sure it would go further than a curse or a 'management' warning for the guys to change into the sort of people we all like in ANY job, who say "Why not?" instead of "Why me?"