PDA

View Full Version : Angels or Maggot food - reincarnated!

porshiepoo
15-Sep-06, 14:16
My reason for re-starting this thread is simply down to the amount of new orgers since it's last stint on here. That and the fact that there seems to be alot of differing opinions and ideas with regards to death appearing in other threads - so here's one dedicated to the thought!

So orgers, is there an afterlife when we leave this body? One where we meet the souls of loved ones already passed? A place described as heaven? If so what is heaven?
OR
Do we simply die, rot and have no further awareness or existence other than what we tasted in this life?

squidge
15-Sep-06, 14:27
lol

there should be a "hope so" choice porshie

changilass
15-Sep-06, 14:30
None of the above, I am being put on the bonfire, so nowt left for the maggots:lol:

henry20
15-Sep-06, 14:39
now, excuse me if I appear picky, but could 'both' not be an option!?

Surely, if you are buried, you will be 'maggot food' (regardless of what happens then) and for those who believe in afterlife, your spirit would move on to the afterlife, rather than your actual body!

Just a thought!! - I personally haven't given it too much thought - whatever happens will happen soon enough without me dwelling on the possibilities.

porshiepoo
15-Sep-06, 14:41
There could be a hundred other possibilities too regarding the poll so I just tried to keep it simple. :)

cullbucket
15-Sep-06, 15:17
Oh no, not this thread again... I think I will sit it out this time....

Errogie
15-Sep-06, 15:28
Unless the undertaker is kind of careless or your'e lying out for a while in warm weather maggots shouldn't feature in the process.

I had a long period of opting for cremation and ashes on the local mountain but have lately decided on burial in a recycled cardboard coffin with my favourite fishing rod for company and should it be required in the happy hunting grounds. Besides grave goods make archaeological excavations much more interesting.

Which I suppose is as close as I'll ever get to admitting there may be an after life of some description

sapphire
15-Sep-06, 15:35
Cardboard box for me too please !! oh and NO minister,NO god and hopefully no tears.I hope my passing will be a celebration of the life I have tried to live......And I can't help hoping that my Dad will be there to meet me! (brings a little tear just thinking about it!)
So yes I would like to think there is more ' out there' than we are aware of ....but angels? not for me thanks!

newlabeluk
15-Sep-06, 16:05
My Dad is the cheerist of Soul's, and has always given this answer.

Love or Smell!
apparently i'll sort him out for one reason or the other:eek:

paris
15-Sep-06, 16:33
Well Poo , You know my thoughts on the matter but for all thoes that dont i will certainly be meeting my fellow family/friends on the other side. :) jan x

golach
15-Sep-06, 16:36
Not Again please

Chobbersjnr
15-Sep-06, 16:44
Not Again please

lol

get yersel a brew Golach, sit back & be entertained:D

porshiepoo
15-Sep-06, 18:14
Cardboard box for me too please !! oh and NO minister,NO god and hopefully no tears.I hope my passing will be a celebration of the life I have tried to live......And I can't help hoping that my Dad will be there to meet me! (brings a little tear just thinking about it!)
So yes I would like to think there is more ' out there' than we are aware of ....but angels? not for me thanks!

What do you imagine an angel to be then? :)
The winged variety with halo that we see plonked on top of the xmas tree or the many people in life that we come across that have carried out such heroic acts as to be called 'guardian angels'? or something else entirely.? :D

porshiepoo
15-Sep-06, 18:16
Not Again please

Whats wrong Golach, too much for ya?????????? :lol:

We all know you believe in life after death. ;)

ice box
15-Sep-06, 18:22
porshie havent you got anything better to be getting on with than being so morbet ? (sorry for the spelling ) mods please lock this thread i cant take it no more .

Gleber2
15-Sep-06, 18:25
The main question here is whether there is life before death.

Saveman
15-Sep-06, 18:29
C'mon join hands everybody....let's see if we can contact the living!

sapphire
15-Sep-06, 19:18
What do you imagine an angel to be then?
The winged variety with halo that we see plonked on top of the xmas tree or the many people in life that we come across that have carried out such heroic acts as to be called 'guardian angels'? or something else entirely.?

Certainly not the winged harp playing cloud sitting variety thats for sure! :lol:
I could perhaps be persuaded towards the 'Guardian Angel / Spirit' however I think it's the word 'angel' that I just don't take to.

golach
15-Sep-06, 19:23
Whats wrong Golach, too much for ya??????????

We all know you believe in life after death.
Porshie, I feel we are raking over old coals again, and no offence, but I do NOT believe in the here after, and you can come and dance on my final resting place if you wish..........I'm being scattered in the sea [lol]

pultneytooner
15-Sep-06, 20:05
C'mon join hands everybody....let's see if we can contact the living!
So we are all dead?[lol]

Ricco
15-Sep-06, 20:34
My.. are you feeling depressed, Porshie? I would have liked a 'something else' option. I am a believer but I really cannot get my head round fluffy angels with wings and harps. ;)

footie chick
15-Sep-06, 21:26
I am having it written in my will that I want to go in as big a firework as I can! thats the way to go in a blaze of glory. Also if there's a collection at my funeral i want it to go to a big booze up at the best pub in the county at the time! Wish I was going :lol:

Gleber2
15-Sep-06, 21:45
So we are all dead?[lol]

In order to be dead you have to first be alive. We of the illusion have not yet justified the gift of life..[evil]

footie chick
15-Sep-06, 21:53
Life is VERY precious but if when the envitable happens I hope that my family will take into account my wishes which are now cemented in the the org. So if I dont go up in a firework I will haunt you all!! I do believe I have a special guardian angel!

gleeber
15-Sep-06, 22:05
In order to be dead you have to first be alive. We of the illusion have not yet justified the gift of life..[evil]
Gleber minds me a wee bit of the Buddha. He had some funny notions too.:lol:
I know we either believe this stuff or we dont, but what is it we believe or know or whatever the case may be?
I just dont believe it although I recognise the longings for some mythical paradise where council tax and moaning minnies no longer exist. Parties every night and no worries about dying lol.

Saveman
15-Sep-06, 22:06
Why do we have those longings?

gleeber
15-Sep-06, 22:35
It's a part of being human and I imagine you would have them too. Maybe not though. Do you?

Saveman
15-Sep-06, 22:54
I think it is part of being a human being.....I do...

Cedric Farthsbottom III
15-Sep-06, 23:06
I'm a don't know.

I have(I would like to think)a positive outllook in life.But death I'm not scared of,it comes to us all.Will I see Angels,who knows I live with three of them anyway,so another one won't matter.
Maggot food is what I will be if I'm buried.Maybe I'll jump in the fridge and freeze masel.Then in a couple o' centuries I will be found and will answer the question.

Unless Obiron goes in before that for frozen chips and finds me saying,"Wits that fool doin' in the freezer?" :lol: :lol:

pultneytooner
15-Sep-06, 23:06
Mmmmm, this works visa versa.
Lively up yourself........;)

pultneytooner
15-Sep-06, 23:09
I'm a don't know.

I have(I would like to think)a positive outllook in life.But death I'm not scared of,it comes to us all.Will I see Angels,who knows I live with three of them anyway,so another one won't matter.
Maggot food is what I will be if I'm buried.Maybe I'll jump in the fridge and freeze masel.Then in a couple o' centuries I will be found and will answer the question.

Unless Obiron goes in before that for frozen chips and finds me saying,"Wits that fool doin' in the freezer?" :lol:
Ye and walt disney,lol, remembers me of a joke:
What's e' difference between walt disney an bing crosby?

Bing sings an walt disnae.........[lol]

crayola
16-Sep-06, 00:14
I used to be a medium and I augmented my main salary by contacting people on the other side for my clients. But I sometimes think I was being fooled by spirits on 'this side' sending out false signals. I don't have proof but the messages I received didn't always seem genuine. There was always some detail wrong. Usually it was a minor detail but sometimes there was an element of evil, some part of the message made me think that it originated on this side or had been tampered with on its way over. So I'm in the Confused Camp. I stick to earthbound ideas now. I won't harp on about them as I'm beginning to get a bit of a reputation.

Dreadnought
16-Sep-06, 00:17
I am going to be cremated. Then my ashes will be made into a diamond (http://www.lifegem-uk.com/process.htm).

golach
16-Sep-06, 00:21
Gleber minds me a wee bit of the Buddha.
He looks like Buddha too, the first and only time I met him, I never kent I was in such an illustrious presence, Gleeber I am now enlightened :)

Gleber2
16-Sep-06, 01:18
Enlightened? Aye, right.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
16-Sep-06, 01:21
Aye wi yer designer stubble and playing yer guitar Gleber 2,ye look a bit like Tom Cruise!!!!:lol: :lol:

Gleber2
16-Sep-06, 02:17
Aye, but he's a scientologist and they're as weird as Golach.

canuck
16-Sep-06, 03:36

Gleber2, I am never too sure how much of this you believe and how much you just wing out as you pass by the various threads. I don't even want to ask what you mean by "the illusion", but the rest of the post I totally agree with.

When the beyond becomes the focus, then life gets missed. When life is lived to its best and its fullest, then the beyond will take care of itself.

Lolabelle
16-Sep-06, 06:08
Anyone who reads the bible knows that the body returns to the ground and the spirit returns to it's maker. It is as if we sleep until the day of judgement and then the spirit "wakes" for want of a better word. Angels are a whole different kettle of fish and no one becomes one. That is my understanding of reading the scriptures.

I think we should plan our life as if it will go on forever. And live it as if it will end tomorrow. :D

j4bberw0ck
16-Sep-06, 07:55
When the beyond becomes the focus, then life gets missed. When life is lived to its best and its fullest, then the beyond will take care of itself.

My life, already <shrugs huuuuge shrug>............. has Canuck converted to Judaism? :lol:

canuck
16-Sep-06, 15:27
My life, already <shrugs huuuuge shrug>............. has Canuck converted to Judaism? :lol:

Nope, still a dyed in the wool Calvinist.

Gleber2
16-Sep-06, 16:23
Gleber2, I am never too sure how much of this you believe and how much you just wing out as you pass by the various threads. I don't even want to ask what you mean by "the illusion", but the rest of the post I totally agree with.

This post of yours, Canuck, has made me think and an answer had to be composed. In truth I believe nothing except that which I can prove to be true by using my five senses. This is so in this reality at least but there is a fair chance that this reality is not real but an illusion and, if it is, then my physical senses are not to be trusted any more than the words of other humans who have written all the "facts" that people believe and are willing to die for, in some cases, such as religious belief.
To be a fully function human being one has to live totally in the now and not tie one's reasoning mind up with useless debate with oneself. All our knowledge comes to us from the past in the form of words whether written or aural and none of it can be taken as truth or fact. Good fun for passing the time, trying to work out the meaning of life and the Universe and God and Jesus and Darwin and all the rest of the subjects we debate with ourselves before we decide what we 'believe' and don't 'believe' but in fact this self debate curtails our reasoning ability and gets us nowhere. Now and tomorrow are the important times and we should be able to learn from our past mistakes and prepare ourselves for a future which is looking more and more bleak. However, because of our 'belief system' we continue to make the same mistakes over and over again until we have brought Earth to a state where a time when it is not capable of sustaining human life is in the forseeable future and not just the stuff of fiction.
The 'Matrix' movie portrayed a reality which was computer generated but which felt completely real to the 'people' in it. It is possible that our reality is a similar constuct and we, the inhabitants of planet Earth, are playing a game to determine whether we justify the right to exist in real time and space. Now, before you call to get me removed to the nearest institute, I do not 'believe' this to be true but it is a reality picture which is as feasable to me as the fiction of Genesis or the equally fanciful Darwinian theories. The All Powerful Omnipotent Father in Heaven or the movement from single cell to the incredible number of life forms that exist on this planet alone as the Darwinians believe is more difficult for me to believe than the concept of a computer generated virtual reality which could have been created at any time with all virtual history in place. A game, no more no less.
However, here and now, I cannot prove anything to myself using the wisdom, words and knowledge of other humans whether alive or dead and I certainly would not fight or be prepared to die for my beliefs because belief carries no power or authority in my mindset.

I do not condemn anybody for their beliefs provided they don't try to convert me and don't hit me for disagreeing with them. I cannot believe any of the teaching of any existing religion except perhaps Buddhism and I am not a Buddhist although I do practice a vegetarian, non-violent lifestyle. There are no Gods on this planet and I can't believe there ever were. We have had many prophets and teachers who claim they speak God's word on Earth but I don't believe them any more than I could possibly believe that the Borgia Popes or the Medici's or even Pope John Paul had the ear of a diety.
All of the religions preach a good life approach but how many people actually apply the teachings of their faith to make today better instead of using religious belief as a sort of insurance policy just in case there is a Heaven and Hell upon death. We are rapidly running out of time and we have reached the lowest level that the human race has ever reached at a time when we are supposed to be reaching perfection and justifying the right to exist.
I have no way of proving or disproving any of the beliefs of others or my own beliefs and state, as I have stated before, that we have to look after our own individual kharma because there is nothing we can to to hold off the enevitable end of this game. If one wishes to believe otherwise it is of no consequence to anyone but oneself . Remember, we are all in the same boat!!!!!!!

WeeBurd
16-Sep-06, 16:30
I used to be a medium and I augmented my main salary by contacting people on the other side for my clients. But I sometimes think I was being fooled by spirits on 'this side' sending out false signals. I don't have proof but the messages I received didn't always seem genuine. There was always some detail wrong. Usually it was a minor detail but sometimes there was an element of evil, some part of the message made me think that it originated on this side or had been tampered with on its way over... snip

Now Crayola, this makes me want to hear more, I'm very curious.:eek:

Me, I just don't know. Logic suggests when we're dead, we're dead, HOWEVER, experiences of myself and others suggest something must go on after our bodies give up. I'm not quite ready to believe, I guess I'm looking (and dare I admit, hoping) for some more "proof" :lol:

Gleber2
17-Sep-06, 12:43
Now Crayola, this makes me want to hear more, I'm very curious.:eek:

Me, I just don't know. Logic suggests when we're dead, we're dead, HOWEVER, experiences of myself and others suggest something must go on after our bodies give up. I'm not quite ready to believe, I guess I'm looking (and dare I admit, hoping) for some more "proof" :lol:

Proof is one thing you will never find.

Dreadnought
17-Sep-06, 13:45

I'm a medium. Says so on the label.

:)

WeeBurd
17-Sep-06, 13:51

:lol: Indeed!

Gleber2
17-Sep-06, 14:31
I'm a medium. Says so on the label.

:)

I never believe what it says on labels!!!!

j4bberw0ck
17-Sep-06, 17:17
The 'Matrix' movie portrayed a reality which was computer generated but which felt completely real to the 'people' in it. It is possible that our reality is a similar constuct and we, the inhabitants of planet Earth, are playing a game to determine whether we justify the right to exist in real time and space.

Before I went off touring earlier in the year I raided the local charity shops for "read and forget" paperbacks - one of them was "The Holographic Universe" (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Holographic-Universe-Michael-Talbot/dp/0586091718/sr=8-1/qid=1158508243/ref=pd_ka_1/026-1406204-1074027?ie=UTF8&s=gateway) which I grabbed, thinking it might be something along the lines of "The Elegant Universe". It wasn't, and after about 30 pages I was comtemplating chucking it. The basic idea is that the Universe /creation / all-that-is-and-isn't, whatever you want to call it, is a hologram. Everything that exists is an interference pattern between waveforms; and that includes you and me, our thoughts, emotions, the lot.

I stuck with it in the end, because of something that had happened just days before. It meandered through auras, distance viewing, manifestation of objects, states of invulnerability caused by the mind (which, by the way, isn't in the brain), healers, near-death experiences, the whole nine yards. Surprised myself by quite enjoying it, although I've a way to go before I start believing it.

What had happened a few days before was this: I was in Croatia, and had got talking to a German couple also touring on a motorbike (same as mine, which is what had got us jawing). We were having a few beers and a meal, and the female half of the couple noticed I was flexing my arm to relieve discomfort in my shoulder - I've had problems with it since a serious muscle and tendon tear playing rugby, 25 years ago. Since then I've been physio'd, chiropracted, and osteopathed ('scuse the dodgy adjectives) repeatedly, but nothing has ever produced more than a few weeks' relief. Cost me a fortune in fees, though. It was bad enough that I'd asked my GP before I went whether he'd give me some heavy-duty anti-inflammatories to have with me in case it gave me a problem riding while away (he said no :roll: ).

I explained it to her when she asked why I was flexing it. Then she said she "had some gifts as a healer" (her words) and would be happy to try to help. She stood behind me and ran both hands across my shoulders and neck, without making any physical contact at all. Lasted about 45 seconds. I felt nothing, and the shoulder still hurt. She said that she hoped I'd notice some improvement over the next few days.

I didn't know whether to roll my eyes or crawl under the table with embarrassment; but they were nice people, and courtesy was due, after all. We finished our drinks and chat and that was that. Next day, I left early and there was a marked improvement - while riding, the discomfort was spread across a wider area of my shoulder and neck, and not as intense. The day after, there was no discomfort - at all - and there hasn't been any since, even if I try to provoke it. That was in June. It's still better.

Sorry this turned into a marathon, but the point is I've always tried to be logical and scientific in my approach to things. I don't believe in healing. But it worked. Makes you think...... well, it makes me think, anyway.

porshiepoo
17-Sep-06, 18:01
We were having a few beers and a meal, and the female half of the couple noticed I was flexing my arm

Had the desired effect then? :lol:

Sorry this turned into a marathon, but the point is I've always tried to be logical and scientific in my approach to things. I don't believe in healing. But it worked. Makes you think...... well, it makes me think, anyway.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad it got you questioning. Just goes to show that the gift of healing hands works whether we believe in it or not - just like life after death, it exists whether we believe in it or not.
This is the kind of gift that I believe Jesus may have had. We interpret it and kind of understand it now as a gift but in those times I don't think they would have understood it - they would have seen a man who claimed to be the son of god (Which the bible claims we all are so nothing gobsmacking there) who also seemed to be able to perform these healing 'miracles'.

I'm glad your shoulder is better and I hope it continues to improve and give you no jip. :D

changilass
17-Sep-06, 18:48
[/quote]

I'm glad it got you questioning. Just goes to show that the gift of healing hands works whether we believe in it or not - just like life after death, it exists whether we believe in it or not.
[/quote]

I have never heard of someone coming back to life to either prove or disprove the existence of life after death.

Not sure how you work out that because someone was apparently healed, even thought they didn't believe equates to life after death existing wether a person believes or not.

I personally don't believe in life after death, I am quite happy for you to believe the opposite, but to say it exists just because you say it does is very presumptious.

j4bberw0ck
17-Sep-06, 19:15
Had the desired effect then?

:lol: very droll........ to edit, or not to edit, that is the question..... nahhhhh - think what you like; it'll be more interesting than the reality!

I'm glad your shoulder is better and I hope it continues to improve and give you no jip. :D
Cheers Porshiepoo.

porshiepoo
17-Sep-06, 19:30
I have never heard of someone coming back to life to either prove or disprove the existence of life after death

Noooooooo really?????? Isn't that debate what this whole thread is about?????

When ever have I suggested someone can 'come back to life' ? That would intimate that I'm suggesting that a deceased body returns to life. Don't think so!!!!

Not sure how you work out that because someone was apparently healed, even thought they didn't believe equates to life after death existing wether a person believes or not.

I didn't say it equates to proof of life after death did I??

I personally don't believe in life after death, I am quite happy for you to believe the opposite, but to say it exists just because you say it does is very presumptious.
[/quote]
[/QUOTE]

My god! (pardon the pun) is a person not allowed to express any opinion on this forum anymore without it being pulled apart in such a way that actually has no benefit to the thread?
I have said many, many many times before that whatever I say is simply my opinion, I neither care nor expect others to feel the same. Do I really need to bracket 'my opinion only' after every single sentence?

Of course I'm being blinkin presumptious to say life after death exists, cos it's never been proven. Just as you are being presumptious to say that I'm being presumptious when you have no proof that it doesn't exist. [disgust]

connieb19
18-Sep-06, 19:23
Extraordinary people on Channel 4 tonight is about a 5 year old boy who has persistant memories of a past life, if any-ones interested. :)

porshiepoo
22-Sep-06, 21:01
And good it was too!

I think it proves the existence of past lives more than disproves it?
That little boy could not have had those images manipulated into him any other way, and besides those emotions certainly looked real to me. :)

Maybe some will choose to explain the events in non spiritual ways but for me it was simply an insight into previous lives already lived.

JAWS
23-Sep-06, 01:46
Happy New Year everybody.

crayola
23-Sep-06, 01:53
Are you not a month early? I thought you said it was 23rd October?

JAWS
23-Sep-06, 02:08
No, today is the start of 5767.

crayola
23-Sep-06, 02:20
According to Bishop Ussher, the Primate of all Ireland in the 1600s, Earth was created Sunday 23 Oct 4004 BC at 9am.
He calculated the date by counting back through the generations in the Bible, though how he arrived at the exact day and, more especially at 9 a.m. I can't imagine.This where I got 23rd October from.

Why is 2006AD not 4004 + 2006 = 6010 then?