PDA

View Full Version : carpet cleaning

annmarie
26-May-11, 20:19
Hi, does anyone knows the carpet cleaning from tesco is like( the one you hire) and how much does it cost?

JD6400
26-May-11, 21:09
Think it's £25 for a day then you have to buy the cleaning fluid. If you go to autoparts in Thurso they have a carpet cleaner that they hire out for £15 for a day but if you take it on a Saturday you don't need to return it to Monday as they are closed on Sunday.

Dennis
26-May-11, 21:14
Shearers in Wick have one, I think £10 or £15 a day...

annmarie
26-May-11, 21:41
hi thanks for that, mind seeing it right enough will try them on sat

annemarie482
26-May-11, 21:57
highly recommend the rug doctor, it's brilliant and easy to use.
comes with the upolstry cleaning kit too.
which is handy for the stairs and well as sofas etc.

Dadie
26-May-11, 23:01
Remember to take the 101 pieces of i.d. with you....
So you can get the darn thing home to do your carpets...
If you get it over a weekend as someone else said..why not try to club together with a pal and split the costs?
And "do" both houses carpets.

lindsaymcc
27-May-11, 13:51
I LOVE the Rug Doctor, and in my eyes is worth every penny of the rental! It removed black hair dye from my bedroom carpet that had been there 6mnths..... it really is wonderful!

Talking of which - could do with hiring one again! Brings the carpets up like new!

The Happy Humanist
30-May-11, 17:03
I tried to get Rug Doctor and they were unavailable in Thurso and Wick , though there were several sitting in the stores. I had tried to book online but they wouldn't let me. After spending ages getting their number, I was told by a disinterested young man on the phone that they were probably waiting for the engineers, as they need to be serviced after every few hires. He then proceeded to tell me he could give me no idea when they would be available to book as (and I quote) " we were in the back of beyond so wouldn't be a priority"
On principle, I have decided not to try again.... and I would boycott any company that considers the Far North unworthy of the same service as the rest of the country.

sheilapl
30-May-11, 22:26
I have sent you a pm

lindsaymcc
01-Jun-11, 19:22
I tried to get Rug Doctor and they were unavailable in Thurso and Wick , though there were several sitting in the stores. I had tried to book online but they wouldn't let me. After spending ages getting their number, I was told by a disinterested young man on the phone that they were probably waiting for the engineers, as they need to be serviced after every few hires. He then proceeded to tell me he could give me no idea when they would be available to book as (and I quote) " we were in the back of beyond so wouldn't be a priority"
On principle, I have decided not to try again.... and I would boycott any company that considers the Far North unworthy of the same service as the rest of the country.

I am really shocked by that. The last time we hired one from Tesco we did it online - could it just be they are all due out on rentals? Homebase in Wick do the Rug Doctors too I believe. Its a shame that the Tesco guy wasnt more informative, as Ive never had a problem in the 3yrs Ive been hiring one x

mickeymini
25-Sep-12, 11:23
Carpets can be cleaned at home and one can easily do it by vacuuming or washing. But it is not as effective as professional carpet cleaning. Carpet cleaning companies do this job in a proper and systematic way. They adopt proper equipments, chemicals and they have the correct method to implement according to the type of carpet and type of stain. They are well trained in their job and they guarantee the desired level of cleanliness. Their methods involve vacuum extraction, steam cleaning, absorbent method, simple rotational brush cleaning, dry foam extraction, dry extraction, etc.
Best carpet cleaners macclesfield UK (http://www.carpetkare.co.uk/macclesfield.html)

poppett
27-Sep-12, 13:51
Colin Chessor in Thurso hires out the bissell big green carpet cleaning machine, considered to queen bee of carpet cleaners.