PDA

View Full Version : Boys' Brigade (1st Wick) Notice

Monk
15-Sep-06, 04:49
The Compant in Wick have recently had an award presentation in the BB Hall. The guests who presented the new badges and certificates was Anne Dunnett Lord Lieutenant of Caithness, Harry Gray and Thomas Mackay. An excellent speech was given by Alick Reynolds and the Boys were well behaved. Refreshments was on offer afterwards.

The hall has had some renovations but still needs alot of work. We got a new roof and gas central heating installed which has been paid through donations that we have received. The hall needs a permanent ramp built, electrical rewiring plus loads more.

The Company is struggling for adult help. We need people over the age of 18 to give at least 2 hours a month which can be anytime. We will provide a child protection course and training if needed.

The Boys' Brigade is a charity and voluntary based Christian organisation. The funds are raised by donations being given, sponsored events and raffles. We still need donations to keep the 1st Wick Company of the Boys' Brigade open.

If you can help us in any way possible, please email Captain Marc MacDonald on bb1stwick@aol.com Your help would keep the Company going from strength to strength.

Thanks

Marc MacDonald
1st Wick BB
Captain

brokencross
15-Sep-06, 08:11
I was in the Life Boys and then the Boys Brigade in Macclesfield and then up in Thurso in the late 60's. We used to wash cars on a Saturday morning to raise funds.

I remember up in Thurso we did a display and presentation in Thurso Town Hall. It involved gymnastics and other skills. What I remember most about it, is that we did a "marching display", what made it special was that we did it all without any commands at all. Everything was done purely from memory, after many, many, many evenings practice. (A bit like the RAF drill team, but not quite as polished a performance.)

Went on a BB camp to the Isle of Man and had a great time, all the usual pranks and midnight dips. The journey down by train and the ferry crossing was as good as the camp itself.

It really is a good organisation, I made lots of friends, had lots of fun and learned a lot while doing it. It is character building, in a friendly supportive way.

I really do hope you get the adult support and donations to make the Wick BB Company thrive.