PDA

View Full Version : Drink spiking.....

Bazeye
24-May-11, 14:37
Is it a problem in Thurso? I'm only asking because while my daughter got offered a glass of wine from a complete stranger in a well known drinking "establishment" in Thurso last week. And dont they do any id checks there on the doors as shes not 18. Btw she kindly declined the offer and told her mum about it. Tried looking for the person involved to tell the staff about it but couldnt find him.

EDDIE
24-May-11, 17:49
Is it a problem in Thurso? I'm only asking because while my daughter got offered a glass of wine from a complete stranger in a well known drinking "establishment" in Thurso last week. And dont they do any id checks there on the doors as shes not 18. Btw she kindly declined the offer and told her mum about it. Tried looking for the person involved to tell the staff about it but couldnt find him.

If you leave any drink unattended you should bin it and get another one i hope she knows that even if she is with her friends she should get into the habit of finishing her drink first before going to the toilet or were ever because it doesnt nessary have to be a stranger spiking the drink?

Walter Ego
24-May-11, 17:59
The taxis are full every weekend of young women puking everywhere and claiming they've had their drinks 'spiked'....go figure...;)

Regarding door policy - why are you asking what it should be? Your daughter will know exactly how old she is and that she shouldn't be in there. So who's to blame?
Kick your daughters arse, Bazeye - don't blame the establishment.

starfish
24-May-11, 18:06
it amazes me how people up here leave drinks unattended and their bags on the tables and what this about people leaving babies sitting outside shops in england you never leave anything unattended let along your most precious belonging you child they would either be pinched or the param they sat in . i worry about these youngster when they go out in the big wild world and trust everyone

jacktar
24-May-11, 19:39
I'm with you on this one Walter E she should not have been in the pub in the first place. There's far to many under age, then it's everyone fault but theirs.
Starfish why should you be amazed? Thats the beauty of living up here, or should i say it was until all the scum of the earth arrived. Even got to lock the doors now!

starfish
24-May-11, 20:05
I'm with you on this one Walter E she should not have been in the pub in the first place. There's far to many under age, then it's everyone fault but theirs.
Starfish why should you be amazed? Thats the beauty of living up here, or should i say it was until all the scum of the earth arrived. Even got to lock the doors now!
it seems to me most of the local court cases in wick are locals born and breed

nicnak
24-May-11, 20:40
My daughters drink was spiked by a suspected barperson at the dj tiesto concert in glasgow,she never left her hand, it was her second drink, and as a result ended missing the concert and in hospital overnight due to fitting and other complications. She was very lucky to be alive and have her fiance with her or things could have been very different! These idiots that do suchj things such be killed very slowly in my opinion!

starfish
24-May-11, 20:45
i agree with nicnak a friends drink was spiked in wick found herself in a garden being sick unable to recall how she got there and what had happen to her . she took herself off for various tests when she had recovered lucky for her no damage was done but very scared at the time these people are just morons

theone
24-May-11, 22:30
My daughters drink was spiked by a suspected barperson at the dj tiesto concert in glasgow,she never left her hand, it was her second drink, and as a result ended missing the concert and in hospital overnight due to fitting and other complications. She was very lucky to be alive and have her fiance with her or things could have been very different! These idiots that do suchj things such be killed very slowly in my opinion!

i agree with nicnak a friends drink was spiked in wick found herself in a garden being sick unable to recall how she got there and what had happen to her . she took herself off for various tests when she had recovered lucky for her no damage was done but very scared at the time these people are just morons

I don't want to sound cynical, but what drug were they "spiked" that caused fitting and vomitting?

Did the hospital find anything in their blood?

Recreational drugs are expensive, I can't understand why anyone would want to waste money giving them to a total stranger. They're also generally taken for a high or a buzz, not fits or sickness.

I could even understand if it were a date rape drug, but the effects noticed don't seem to indicate this either.

So what were they spiked with?

theone
24-May-11, 22:37

Good looking young girls in pubs often get offered drinks.

It costs me a fortune!

I wouldn't worry about it to be honest.

equusdriving
24-May-11, 22:52
Thats the beauty of living up here, or should i say it was until all the scum of the earth arrived.

Who exactly are these "scum of the earth" you speak of?

Kevin Milkins
24-May-11, 23:07
I often leave my drink on the bar when I go for a pee in the hope that someone will spike it and date rape me, but it seems Wick is much too clean living for me.lol

Leanne
24-May-11, 23:33
Who exactly are these "scum of the earth" you speak of?

Yeah I wondered that myself...

nicnak
24-May-11, 23:44
theone, i honestly dont know what it was spiked with, the hospital did tests and found stuff but at the time I wasnt really bothered what it was, just in knowing that my daughter was ok, she wasnt the only victim either by all accounts and the police were investigating.
Sorry I didnt take more notice and to be quite honest not being part of a drugs scene it would probably of not made much sense to me anyway.

theone
24-May-11, 23:47
theone, i honestly dont know what it was spiked with, the hospital did tests and found stuff but at the time I wasnt really bothered what it was, just in knowing that my daughter was ok, she wasnt the only victim either by all accounts and the police were investigating.
Sorry I didnt take more notice and to be quite honest not being part of a drugs scene it would probably of not made much sense to me anyway.

No probs.

It would just be nice to know what she was given. At least then I might understand a motive.

The Music Monster
24-May-11, 23:57
Having spent my student years in Hull where all manners of crimes are committed, we were always told to buy bottles from the bar and keep your thumb over the bottle opening, never to trust people even when the drink is in your hand. It really is a very nasty world out there!

Having said that, I'm sure no harm was meant in the instance of your daughter, Bazeye... but you never can be too careful!

nicnak
25-May-11, 00:11
We ddont know what the motive was, whether the guy serving thought she was on her own cos she went to the bar to get the drink or what we are not sure, but when she collapsed some kind soul stole everything out of her handbag and her new shoes! why we dont know but real outstanding people. she has now vowed to never go to one of these events again.
And in the end my baby is ok withno long term damage, and we learnt there are even sicker folk out there than we had realised, and you can never be too careful!

Bazeye
25-May-11, 00:49
Regarding door policy - why are you asking what it should be? Your daughter will know exactly how old she is and that she shouldn't be in there. So who's to blame?
Kick your daughters arse, Bazeye - don't blame the establishment.

She went in with her mum, her mums friends and her cousin and she wasnt drinking alcohol while she was there.

Walter Ego
25-May-11, 07:27
She went in with her mum, her mums friends and her cousin and she wasnt drinking alcohol while she was there.

Then that's fair enough, Bazeye. But your comment regarding door policy did appear to give the impression that you thought she should have been refused.

RecQuery
25-May-11, 08:05
I don't want to sound cynical, but what drug were they "spiked" that caused fitting and vomitting?

Did the hospital find anything in their blood?

Recreational drugs are expensive, I can't understand why anyone would want to waste money giving them to a total stranger. They're also generally taken for a high or a buzz, not fits or sickness.

I could even understand if it were a date rape drug, but the effects noticed don't seem to indicate this either.

So what were they spiked with?

Pretty much this, the amount of people I've heard claim that their drink was spiked when all that's happened is they've drank too much.

jlumsden
25-May-11, 08:12
Recreational drugs are expensive, this doesn't mean people won't use them to be cruel and sick.

I know of a couple of incidents a couple of weeks ago in Thurso, where people went first to the hospital, then to the police because the Hospital found rohypnol (sp?) in their blood. I think, on a subject like this, we should all keep an open mind, I have no doubt that people who just drink too much claim to have had drinks spiked. I also believe their are genuine cases of date rape attempts, and god forbid, "successes".

But I'm sure people should be able to buy drinks for whoever they like, but just be wary and watch the person who buys your drink if you are unsure!!

northener
25-May-11, 08:25
I'm not saying that 'spiking' up here is a myth.....but...

When I was running KPH taxis I used cart round loads of young women late on a Saturday night who were hardly capable of standing, frequently unwell and often emotional.
I've lost count of the accusations I've heard of their drink "being spiked" along with the statement that "I've only had a couple of drinks". Hmmmm....

We must have a huge problem up here if they were all telling the truth.

RecQuery
25-May-11, 08:43
Recreational drugs are expensive, this doesn't mean people won't use them to be cruel and sick.

I know of a couple of incidents a couple of weeks ago in Thurso, where people went first to the hospital, then to the police because the Hospital found rohypnol (sp?) in their blood. I think, on a subject like this, we should all keep an open mind, I have no doubt that people who just drink too much claim to have had drinks spiked. I also believe their are genuine cases of date rape attempts, and god forbid, "successes".

But I'm sure people should be able to buy drinks for whoever they like, but just be wary and watch the person who buys your drink if you are unsure!!

Date Rape drugs are the most common when it does happen, but they have different symptoms/affects to those described here.

thirsaloon
25-May-11, 08:47
Had it done to me a few times a number of years ago and I know by who in some cases, obviously I keep clear of their company.

starfish
25-May-11, 09:05
Pretty much this, the amount of people I've heard claim that their drink was spiked when all that's happened is they've drank too much.

i can assure you my freind did not drink to much she only had 2 as shw was on duty next morning or should i say she should have been

neilsermk1
25-May-11, 12:20
She went in with her mum, her mums friends and her cousin and she wasnt drinking alcohol while she was there. So her mum took her into the establisment knowing she was underage, guess whose a*** needs kicking

Bazeye
25-May-11, 12:42
So her mum took her into the establisment knowing she was underage, guess whose a*** needs kicking

She was on holiday. And btw, there were loads of people there who werent 18 who were drinking alcohol as my wifes friend's a teacher who taught them
all.

neilsermk1
25-May-11, 12:49
She was on holiday. And btw, there were loads of people there who werent 18 who were drinking alcohol as my wifes friend's a teacher who taught them
all.
And your point is what, you took an underage person into a night club, and put them at risk. You figure it out.

neilsermk1
25-May-11, 12:50
And your point is what, you took an underage person into a night club, and put them at risk. You figure it out.
Sorry your friend took her in

GLENELG
25-May-11, 13:00
I fully agree with you there jacktar.[lol]

The Music Monster
25-May-11, 13:28
you took an underage person into a night club

When did Bazeye say it was a night club?! I just assumed it was a pub... There is nothing illegal about going into a pub before you're 18 as long as you don't drink.

Leanne
25-May-11, 18:31
to the police because the Hospital found rohypnol (sp?) in their blood

Really? and a few more obligatory characters

Thumper
26-May-11, 09:12
a lot of people still refer to someone putting an extra "dram" in their drink as being spiking,days have changed though and now the things they put in your drinks are very different from a sneaky extra dram! I have had it happen to me,and also one night I was out with a mate,who only drank two drinks all night and all of a sudden came over all funny,acting really drunk,sick,couldnt walk ect,it was very scary!When I had mine spiked I couldnt hardly put one foot infront of the other,luckily I tasted soemthing different in my drink so stopped drinking it,or it could have been much worse!People sometimes do this just for the fun of watching people in that sort of state,which is mind boggling really!x

neilsermk1
26-May-11, 12:32
When did Bazeye say it was a night club?! I just assumed it was a pub... There is nothing illegal about going into a pub before you're 18 as long as you don't drink.
Quite right thanks for the correction.

ShelleyCowie
26-May-11, 14:21
Iv had my drink spiked. Awful thing! And im the first to admit when iv had too much to drink! Few years back in a well known caithness night club *cough* i was sober (yes i actually was) and after a red bull which someone (a supposed friend) handed to me, i was on the floor and found by a friend of a friend outside. Dont ask how i got there, i dont remember. Police took me home apparently.

Most petrifying experience of my life, couldnt move my arms or legs. Definetely learned my lesson!

jlumsden
26-May-11, 14:25
Really? and a few more obligatory characters

This is what I heard, and as far as I know it was a reliable source.