PDA

View Full Version : biro pen

starfish
24-May-11, 12:40
has any one got a tip on removing biro from painted walls my nephew has just done some artwork on my hall wall bless his cotton socks

sids
24-May-11, 12:45
Sounds like another couple of coats of paint needed.

Sorry.

Rheghead
24-May-11, 12:56
try nailpolish remover, good luck.

jlumsden
24-May-11, 13:11
when i worked in a nursery, we used a number of things. You could try ;

- ciff and a scourer and scrub it

- baby wipes (didn't always work)

- anti bac spray and a cloth!!!

Good Luck getting it off!!

pat
24-May-11, 13:21
When my westie was young it chewed a black biro on all wool red carpet - got some advice on here and it worked - hope someone comes up with the right answer soon and your walls are back to being clean and biro free.

lindsaymcc
24-May-11, 14:24
hairspray can work!

starfish
24-May-11, 14:38
thanks everyone for your tips hairspray was the winning tip wall now restored and all pens hidden from little people

pat
24-May-11, 14:49
thanks for that tip will now remember it.

Dadie
24-May-11, 15:33
Hairspray is the best on biro and felt tip.
JML magic sponge on crayon.
Steam cleaner works its magic on lipstick.
WD40 works good on those stains too.
*sigh*
Amazing what you learn when you have little artists in the house that dont use the paper you got for them!

poppett
24-May-11, 18:26
Milk takes biro and real ink out of cotton and polycotton mix.

Polish also stops door hinges squeaking and is less messy than oil or WD40.

starfish
24-May-11, 18:56
there should be a thread on here of top tips

golach
24-May-11, 19:19
http://www.hintsandthings.co.uk/

Try here, if no joy paint the wall again.

Leanne
24-May-11, 19:33
Shaving foam works too :)

balto
24-May-11, 21:26
oh i had a little artist this evening, my oh had just finished decorating our porch putting wood round the wall, save wallpaper getting damaged when taking the pram out, well he painted it white, but unfortunatly jayden got his hands on an orange feltip pen and decided to draw all over the wood, unfortunatly we tried to get it of but in the end it took another coat of paint to make it vanish lol

starfish
24-May-11, 21:29
oh i had a little artist this evening, my oh had just finished decorating our porch putting wood round the wall, save wallpaper getting damaged when taking the pram out, well he painted it white, but unfortunatly jayden got his hands on an orange feltip pen and decided to draw all over the wood, unfortunatly we tried to get it of but in the end it took another coat of paint to make it vanish lol

toothpaste removes some felt marker had it on my laminated floor come up a treat

Koi
26-May-11, 10:33
hairspray can work!

Wow never thought of that one before lol. Keeping your tip for future reference lol.

lindsaymcc
26-May-11, 13:29
3 kids under 7yrs old, you tend to quickly learn what can and cant work!