PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else able to get on the Org?

bekisman
23-May-11, 20:29
Anyone else able to get on the Org? Power's down everywhere; Strathy's out.. got a gennie so can run PC..
Rang 0800 300 999 (Hydro) and they say areas out, but they can't get up the poles in the wind as against health and safety, but are laying cables ready to erect when wind drops...

shazzap
23-May-11, 20:32
Looks like a select few of you can.

captain chaos
23-May-11, 20:36
Yep Generator running so heating and internet running . Looks as if most of caithness is out.

John Little
23-May-11, 20:37
Now is the time for a coup!!

NickInTheNorth
23-May-11, 20:38
back on now in Thurso

Tugmistress
23-May-11, 20:39
Back on a few minutes ago in scrabster so would assume thurso is back now too, not bad considering the whole area north of inverness went off allegedly

theone
23-May-11, 20:39
Moray Firth Radio said the whole north of Scotland was out. Back on in Thurso now.

John Little
23-May-11, 20:40
What's happened to all those windmills supplying power?

annmarie
23-May-11, 20:41
on in melvich mow

ouzo
23-May-11, 20:42
we only get the windmills as eye sores there not to power us lol

cezzy1234
23-May-11, 20:44
Yeh even Thurso off Its not all back on though ...But mines back on just

lindsaymcc
23-May-11, 20:44
That was the longest hour of my life - had to resort to playing cards with hubby....... thank god its back on so soon - had a tesco delivery this afternoon so fridge and freezer are full!

DanaFlett
23-May-11, 20:45
Were back on in Dunnet aswell.

adi1
23-May-11, 20:51
if I had my way I would cut all the power to houses for a hour each night......I enjoyed a hour with no pc and tv and my family entertained themselves with talk and playing games

Mystical Potato Head
23-May-11, 20:58
if I had my way I would cut all the power to houses for a hour each night......I enjoyed a hour with no pc and tv and my family entertained themselves with talk and playing games

Here's an easier way,switch your pc and tv off for a hour each night yourself.Nobody has a gun to your head making you watch tv/pc and as you enjoyed it so much i'm sure thats what you'll do.

Lucy
23-May-11, 21:13
Back on in Wick about 10 mins ago. its the little things i forgot about. gas fire with electric starter. no landline phone and needed matches to start the gas cooker. Never mind resorted to a glass of wine and a good book.

Corrie 3
23-May-11, 21:14
I am not sure if this is true or not so dont quote me but its all Nick Clegg's fault so I have been told!!!

C3.....;)

ouzo
23-May-11, 21:23
yep all his fault i agree lol

sandyr1
23-May-11, 21:23
Lybster is on!!

Corrie 3
23-May-11, 21:32
Portgower is in darkness.............Nothing new there then!!!!

C3......:roll:;);)

davey4560
23-May-11, 21:36
Power not on here yet, But managed to get on the ORG on my old fashion wind - up PC and watching TV thankfully i found that old gas tv in the loft, and btw anyone know where i can get my passport photo taking

ducati
23-May-11, 21:37
Lybster is on!!

Gulp, how do you know? :eek:[para]

bekisman
23-May-11, 22:16
Oh well Strathy's been back on for a while... been and turned me gennie off..

Moira
23-May-11, 22:51
What's happened to all those windmills supplying power?
I can't see the ones we usually see from our back yard because of the horizontal rain and sleet. I do know for sure that these windmills haven't done anything to reduce my electricity bills. John, are you sure you're on the right thread? ;)

Back on in Wick about 10 mins ago. its the little things i forgot about. gas fire with electric starter. no landline phone and needed matches to start the gas cooker. Never mind resorted to a glass of wine and a good book.
Here's a woman after my own heart. It crossed my mind that having no power was so boring that I might actually tackle the ironing pile. Oh dear, it was not to be so I resorted to the glass of wine too and my Kindle. ;)

I am not sure if this is true or not so dont quote me but its all Nick Clegg's fault so I have been told!!!
C3.....

WRONG!
The truth of the matter is that Bill Fernie anticipated a problem with the adverse weather and the volcanic ash winging our way from Iceland once more so pulled the plug to minimise damage to the Org cables and network.

It appears to have worked. Well done Bill. :)

adi1
24-May-11, 06:53
Here's an easier way,switch your pc and tv off for a hour each night yourself.Nobody has a gun to your head making you watch tv/pc and as you enjoyed it so much i'm sure thats what you'll do.

Im afraid I live in a democratic household and 3 against one gets out voted so 2 teenagers and a partner wanting to watch soaps is hell of alot worse than having a gun to my head

gerry4
24-May-11, 11:06
Back on a few minutes ago in scrabster so would assume thurso is back now too, not bad considering the whole area north of inverness went off allegedly
Tomintoul in the Grampian's and Elgin were out at the same time

sandyr1
25-May-11, 07:15
Gulp, how do you know? :eek:[para]

Cuzzzz am here. Kinda windy compared we Canada!

ducati
25-May-11, 16:58
Cuzzzz am here. Kinda windy compared we Canada!

You do realise your proximity to.....Portgower and worse....phil! :eek:

And while you're there, check out the proposed new Knocking Shop :cool:

laguna2
25-May-11, 20:09
[/QUOTE] woman after my own heart. It crossed my mind that having no power was so boring that I might actually tackle the ironing pile. Oh dear, it was not to be so I resorted to the glass of wine too and my Kindle. ;)[/QUOTE]

No power .... tackle pile of ironing? Have you got a wind up iron? :lol:

sandyr1
25-May-11, 21:04
You do realise your proximity to.....Portgower and worse....phil! :eek:

And while you're there, check out the proposed new Knocking Shop :cool:

Yes, I did think o' that. Visited the local establishments tho', and things hevna changed.
And I remember before I hed a licence, I took home that 'Mannie's paets!
The place looks a wee bitty downtrodden. May need a coat o' paint.
Was a bitty windy at the lighthouse at Clyth!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh Caithness!