PDA

View Full Version : Mount Pleasant School, Thurso

scotsboy
14-Sep-06, 19:15
When did the school colours change from Brown/Orange to Black/yellow??

Retrograde step if you ask me - was there a vote on that or anything? Why the reason for the change?

dragonfly
14-Sep-06, 20:07
don't know when it changed over but my daughter started nursery in 1995 and it was yellow then, think it was around 1999 when they introduced black too

Buttercup
14-Sep-06, 21:42
Maybe it's a trend that's catching, Thurso High colours changed from Gray & Red to Black & red! Why?:confused

Fluff
14-Sep-06, 21:49
i left mount pleasent in 1995 to start THS and as far as i can remember they were just starting to introduce the black

acameron
14-Sep-06, 22:11
I was in Mount Pleasant from 1970-77. Do they still have the Harold, Sinclair, Thor thing going? I was a Thor.

dragonfly
14-Sep-06, 22:17
i left mount pleasent in 1995 to start THS and as far as i can remember they were just starting to introduce the black

you're right Fluff, nursery - P3 had to wear yellow but P4-7 were allowed to wear black too, thats why I was thinking 1999 for black but thats when she went into P4

scotsboy
15-Sep-06, 09:04
I was in Sinclair (Blue). Mount Pleasant from 1967 - 74

tenabowla
15-Sep-06, 18:18
I was Thor, from 67-74 seems so long ago I dont know what the colours were.

Jim

Royster1911
15-Sep-06, 19:08

Retrograde step if you ask me - was there a vote on that or anything? Why the reason for the change?
The school colours were brown & gold. It changed in the 90`s to black & gold. This was mainly due to the problem of the supply of brown skirts and trousers by local shops.
Now all the school uniforms are ordered from down south and the selection of uniform items have increased, ie hoodies are now on sale. The school emblem is now embroidered rather than ironed on. Certainly not a retrograde step in many childrens eyes as they smartly walk to and from school

Royster1911
15-Sep-06, 19:12

As I have said, the colours are black and gold. It looks more like yellow due to the fact that this is the nearest match the firm would produce. Sad but true.

Lassie
26-Sep-06, 21:49
i was in Thor aswell (red). sinclair is now green because the teachers had a mix up and changed them round lol.

unicorn
26-Sep-06, 21:59
yes they still have the houseteams and children can get t-shirts in their house team colours with the school logo on them.harold is green. sinclair is blue.

dunderheed
26-Sep-06, 22:13
t-shirts, hoodies sweatshirts etc are also available in adult sizes , i've got the sinclair one , i wear it when i'm doing the PSA events.