PDA

View Full Version : My it's like winter

billmoseley
22-May-11, 16:37
it started off a lovely day over here in Kirtomy and has gone down hill since. Went out with the dogs at 2 30 it was 12c the wind got up and started to rain. Got back home 45 mins later down to 8c chilly :( . we have even put the heating on

Corrie 3
22-May-11, 16:52
I agree Bill, I have put my heating back on after turning it off last week...I have also been out in my winter coat because it's so cold!!
Hope it warms up soon, c'mon Tugmistress, give us some good news!!!

C3......:roll::(

neepnipper
22-May-11, 17:04
Keiss weather station says 9c wind chill of -2, 35mph wind at the moment, are we getting the 70 -80mph winds forecast?

shazzap
22-May-11, 17:23
We've had today. Rain, wind, sun and hailstorm.

Metalattakk
23-May-11, 00:52
Goodness' sake! It's only May for crying out loud!

Shochad Storms and the May Gobs. Then, and only then, summer.

Tugmistress
23-May-11, 01:51
Sorry for no reply earlier, went off to Oban to photograph the brand new ferry 'Finlaggan' as it came in from Poland.
the 70mph ish winds are liable to be tomorrow (monday) evening, so don't put your washing out for long lol, i updated my facebook caithness weather page yesterday or the day before with the info ;)

shazzap
23-May-11, 07:55
Goodness' sake! It's only May for crying out loud!

Shochad Storms and the May Gobs. Then, and only then, summer.

Yes we have all hear-ed the saying. Don't cast a clout, until may is out. Just observations, and general chit chat. People are making.

cherokee
23-May-11, 16:51
I completely agree with the majority on here. Yes, we can/should expect May Gobs and Shochad Storms, but after the gorgeous weather we experienced in April, (I actually got slightly sun-burnt on two occasions, LOL !) I think everyone was looking forward to a reasonably decent month of May! ;)

Hailstones, cold (enough to make some of us put our heating back on and also our winter jackets !) and almost gale-force winds didn't, I think, come in to many people's equation for the "Merry Month of May " !!! :eek::eek:

Dadie
23-May-11, 21:31
Its our fault!
The weather took a turn for the worse ever since we received and built the trampoline!
We finished building it at 10pm the night we got it and it started raining and hasnt improved since...
I also put the kids winter gear in the sooky bags...and have had to retrieve them!

Koi
23-May-11, 22:27
Its our fault!
The weather took a turn for the worse ever since we received and built the trampoline!
We finished building it at 10pm the night we got it and it started raining and hasnt improved since...
I also put the kids winter gear in the sooky bags...and have had to retrieve them!

We have a 10 foot trampoline and to stop it blowing away when we put it up a month or so ago we put bricks on the bottom. Its not gone anywhere! A neighbours has almost lost theirs. Obviously sand bags are a better option but we had the bricks at hand lol.