PDA

View Full Version : Paint removal?

Dadie
21-May-11, 23:20
OK I know this sounds like a stange post for this section, but here goes...
The kids were playing in the garden with the ready mixed paint(kid friendly but warns it may stain clothing), and two smurfs clarted in blue paint hugged the rabbits (they were out playing in the garden too) I washed everyone covered in paint in the bath, but, Peppa (normally a white bunny) seems to have been dyed blue in places and has a fetching blue rinse everywhere else...is there anything I can do to revert him to his normal colouring without harm?
Unfortunately he has just got his summer coat in.....:eek:
In total I washed..
Euan 3 times
Iona twice
Lauren once
Both bunnies
4 snails
2 hamster cages
Poppy dog
And loads of washing today...and the blue painted stuff didnt come clean in the washing machine either.....

brandy
21-May-11, 23:29
what is it with you and paint?

Dadie
21-May-11, 23:31
Small children....and Daddy was watching them...while I was at the ballet with Lauren...or maybe not as closely as he should have been...
I did get 2 lovely paintings for the walls though of foot and handprints...
But the thought of a blue bunny till winter is annoying me...plus it took an hour per bunny to get them dry with the hairdryer after roughly drying them with towels...
So the thought of washing them loads to fade the colouring is not really that appealing!

rambo1978
22-May-11, 00:04
Not sure how to go about that but did you wash 4 snails lol???

Dadie
22-May-11, 00:10
yup 4 giant african land snails, scrubbed down with their own toothbrushes (felt silly buying them as snails dont have teeth but nevermind shells have to be cleaned somehow!)and they were very happy to go back in their nice clean house with fresh cucumber..

rambo1978
22-May-11, 00:17
lol as long as they're happy :)

Dadie
22-May-11, 00:19
But a bright blue (patchy in places) bunny just looks odd!

brandy
22-May-11, 00:29
now waiting for pics!

Dadie
22-May-11, 00:31
Come out for a laugh if need be...
dont think pics would do Peppa any street cred..besides I can never get pics to work.....

brandy
22-May-11, 00:51
in that maze of streets you live in ? i would never find my way again!

Liz
22-May-11, 12:19
Oops! Paint, bairns and pets do not make a good mix! :lol:

Have you tried washing Peppa in neat washing up liquid? They use this to take oil off birds so might work?

If you've tried that I have a product called Simply Green which I could give you to try. It's also been used to mop up oil spills and clean oiled birds. :)

Dadie
22-May-11, 22:19
Yup tried fairy on the kids first, then only on the worst part of Peppa (his rear) as I thought it would nip his eyes if it washed off into them.
The kids skin had a blue tinge after their baths but its wearing off after another dunking and scrubbing.
Its water based paint ..so would the Simply green work on that or is it only for oil based things?

Liz
22-May-11, 23:43
Not sure whether the Simply Green would work but you are welcome to try some.

Also found this on t'internet.
http://www.ehow.co.uk/way_5732464_can-remove-paint-dog-hair_.html

highlandlassie
24-May-11, 22:08
Someone told me that soda crystals are great for whitening the horses tail. Could check if that would be ok but please check first.

AliciaMackinnon
24-May-11, 22:20
I was thinking getting some of that whitening shampoo for horses off Kathryn lol other than that I dont know

mumof2
26-May-11, 20:00
paint it pink, much cooler ha ha!

brandy
26-May-11, 20:14
what is wrong with you! everything has to be pink.. is the toilet and cloak room not enough for you?!
freak.. *G*

Dadie
26-May-11, 22:47
We are "doing" blue now..pink is soo last season!
Its boy stuff..not girl stuff getting done here.
Peppa was re washed again...still blue...Its well and truly dyed his hair!
Not even fading...Iona needed a dip in the swimming pool to get her back to a normal colour...cant really do that with a bunny!