PDA

View Full Version : having children

scotland
21-May-11, 15:42
why do people who are on benifits have child after child, when they have no intentions of working to support them, they seem to have a better lifestyle than someone who worked all there life.

pat
21-May-11, 15:48
They have nothing else to do but reproduce and expect everyone else to pay for their pleasures!
Means they get more money then it becomes non-viable for them to work as no employer can compete with the money they receive in benefits

Hoida
21-May-11, 16:08
And those who might benefit from handouts get nothing. I refer to students who come home from uni and can't get work and are not entitled to any benefits.

Corrie 3
21-May-11, 16:40
The worst thing about this is that the lifestyle gets passed down from parents to children.
It's not their fault, if they can make enough money to life on by having children and not working you can hardly blame them. Its our stupid Govt's fault for paying to have children, surely we must be the only country in the world that does this!
Having said all that, are there the jobs in Caithness for these people to go to?..I doubt it very much........At least their kids should be very bright young ones if the parents are at home all day to teach them but I doubt that happens much.
I often say the UK is going downhill fast on the Org as some of you know, this is just one example of what I mean when I state that the UK is going downhill!! Something need to be done but I dont know what!!

C3.....[disgust][disgust]

Alba.gu.brath
21-May-11, 16:40
As a mother of a nine month old and a mother on benefits... I find the above comments offensive!!!

My husband is a full time carer for a disabled family member, he does this so that the government doesn't need to pay a different carer £8 - £9 an hour to do the same job!!! He gets £93 pounds a week including his income support!!!! My husband has only ever claimed job seekers for 4 weeks in his whole life!! He has worked and payed tax etc and so have I! I intend to go back to work when my child goes to school... right now my job is being a mother! And as much as id like I don't get paid to do this!! I don't sit on my bum all day I fill my day with lots of tasks! Its a shame that there is no payment for this!!

If it was as easy as *you lot* say it is to get a job... then how come the unemployment rate is so high??

However I do agree that some people are happy to sit about and have other people to pay for them and there growing family... however I am not one of them!!!

Choice words should maybe be used on this thread as not to offend anyone!

Alba.gu.brath
21-May-11, 16:42
The worst thing about this is that the lifestyle gets passed down from parents to children.
It's not their fault, if they can make enough money to life on by having children and not working you can hardly blame them. Its our stupid Govt's fault for paying to have children, surely we must be the only country in the world that does this!
Having said all that, are there the jobs in Caithness for these people to go to?..I doubt it very much........At least their kids should be very bright young ones if the parents are at home all day to teach them but I doubt that happens much.
I often say the UK is going downhill fast on the Org as some of you know, this is just one example of what I mean when I state that the UK is going downhill!! Something need to be done but I dont know what!!

I agree with this but im assuming you dont have children... that you recieve child tax credits and child benefit? Either now or in the past??

rainbow
21-May-11, 17:20
The 'thread starter' referred to people who have child after child - not your case alba gu brath where you only appear to have one child. I get rather annoyed at the people who do have child after child too and expect handouts at a huge cost to the country. Along with this some get help from social work as they cannot cope!!!!!! Also these are the children who usually are disaffected by school, and then they seem to get more help from child social workers. These families request bigger houses at the councils expense, tax credits, large child benefits etc etc etc etc. It is about time the government did cap benefits (as per the budget) for those people who continually knock out children and expect the tax payers to foot the bill - contraception is FREE.

kriklah
21-May-11, 17:27
As a single mother of 5 children, on benefits....i also find some of these comments offensive.

While there are plenty out there that start out on benefits and just reproduce to stay there, I dislike being lumped in with them. I'll happily admit that I have not worked for 15 years but not on benefits, this was because I was a housewife and mother in a well supported marriage to a working husband. Things changed....marriage ended, and along with it the financial security. With five children to support, the youngest at that time just 8 months old, I had no option but to seek government assistance. This does not mean I will remain on benefits indefinitely. I will happily take a job (if there are any out there!!), and am currently updating my qualifications to improve my options. With my eldest aproaching 16 , and youngest starting primary school in just 2 years time, my benefits income will drop and I fully intend to be working by then, if not much before.

Sure, right now I'm probably better off being on benefits than if I was working, but that not so say its without its pitfalls. Benefits dont come close to paying a mortgage, (left to me to deal with by absent OH along with a number of other debts !!!) and I currently dont know how much longer me and my children will stay in this house. The resulting stress of this has affected my health, losing weight i dont have to lose, losing sleep, and occasionally losing my mind!!!

So where is this better lifestyle and pleasure the tax payer are providing me??!!

kimint
21-May-11, 17:32
i was once asked by a lad we three bairns on the bru why i didnt have sky telly , i told him i couldnt afford it because i have to work ! if we gave food and clothing vouchers out instead of cash there would be a lot less on the bru

Alba.gu.brath
21-May-11, 17:32
The 'thread starter' referred to people who have child after child - not your case alba gu brath where you only appear to have one child. I get rather annoyed at the people who do have child after child too and expect handouts at a huge cost to the country. Along with this some get help from social work as they cannot cope!!!!!! Also these are the children who usually are disaffected by school, and then they seem to get more help from child social workers. These families request bigger houses at the councils expense, tax credits, large child benefits etc etc etc etc. It is about time the government did cap benefits (as per the budget) for those people who continually knock out children and expect the tax payers to foot the bill - contraception is FREE.

You are right... I do only have one child.. but that's besides the point... I want more children in the future!! I live in a one bedroom council house.. myself, my husband and my nine month old! We gave our only room up so that my daughter could have it so there fore myself and my husband sleep on the living room floor! We have a applied for a 2 bedroom house but we have been told that it's a possible two year wait! Im not saying im hard done by as it was our choice to give my daughter the room but im still insulted! You get more money for being a single person than you do if you are a married couple! Yes child benefits etc go a long way but someone do the math of how much a child costs!The money I get is just enough... we don't have much money at the end of the month to put in a bank and most of the time the money at the end of the moth gets spent on buying my daughter clothes (most of which I buy second hand) AS soon as I can I will too be getting a job!!

Its the alcoholics and drug users you should target first!! They get incapacity benefit as they have a problem that means are unable to work!! Its tempting to register as one of the above as they get more money! I'm sure some people have done this!!

secrets in symmetry
21-May-11, 17:39
My experience on other forums suggests that those who moan most about benefits scroungers are likely to be benefits claimants and/or pay little tax themselves.

Alba.gu.brath and kriklah, the original poster was clearly not getting at you.

Blondie
21-May-11, 18:15
I had 2 children. I would have loved another but couldn't afford it. Its madness to have kids if you can't afford to.

I think child benefit should be stopped totally. Why should anyone be paid to have children in this day and age?

Blondie
21-May-11, 18:16

My thoughts exactly.

squidge
21-May-11, 18:47
Here we go again.... Didn't we do benefit scroungers only a wee while ago? Change the record!

chaz
21-May-11, 18:56
yes it was done short ago as was single parents!! Here we go again definatly spings to mind.

Doreen
21-May-11, 18:59
Here we go again.... Didn't we do benefit scroungers only a wee while ago? Change the record!Its true though but there is a lot of people out there thats to lazy to get of there backsides to find a job you wont find one sitting on your backside and getting money handed to you for nothing well that does not help either.

ShelleyCowie
22-May-11, 12:34
If you know of these people, why dont you ask them? There are many cases of genuine people out there (Kriklah and Alba.gu.brath being just a few) but if you know of the ones who are not genuine then just say "why do you keep having kids and living off benefits"

I have 2 kids, plus 2 step sons. i dont work, but my husband works for both of us. He is and always will be happy to do this until my youngest (9 months) goes to nursery.

But i would happily go back to work right now if i could find a job to work around my husbands shift work!

bekisman
22-May-11, 12:44

Well they don't do too bad in Ireland:
1 child: 150 Euro
2: 300 Euro
3: 487 Euro
4: 674 Euro
5: 861 Euro
6: 1,048 Euro
7: 1,235 Euro
8: 1,422 Euro

NickInTheNorth
22-May-11, 13:03
What a bunch of sanctimonious know nothing idiots you are. Jump on any passing bandwaggon and start beating the drum.

No-one claiming benefits legitimately is living anything like a life of luxury.

Thieves that are claiming whilst working the "grey" economy might be doing ok.

The benefits system is there to provide a safety net for those not working for whatever reason

When we have full employment - or even the possibility of full employmet then your stupid facile comments may have some merit.

The rates of pay in this country are an absolute joke, the only reason for the "minimum wage" is to keep wages down to that level to stop employers feeling the need to pay a decent living wage. The government has not developed the "tax credits system" for fun it is there to legitimise the low wage economy.

oldmarine
22-May-11, 16:42
This has been an interesting thread. Some find it very offensive because they feel it's a personal attack against them. I believe most couples want children. Some can afford more children than others. My personal opinion is I believe couples have only the children they can individually afford. When you depend on Government to support them, I believe you are shirking your responsibility.

GuitarHero
22-May-11, 19:15
My friends partner is soon to return to work after having her first child, she wants to earn money to provide for her child and her man will be looking after the baby for her when she goes back, I think that is a good thing she is doing rather than taking the easy option and not working now she has had a child. Some of the people who say stuff about people on benefits were on it for a long time themselves or have family who are long term unemployed too so they have no place to talk.

balto
22-May-11, 20:49
I think this is a very interesting thread, but like everything there is 2 sides to every story, you do get some people who have child after child just to avoid returning to work, i know of a couple who have apparently the right amount of kids to make it not a viable option of working, why would you when you get everything from your rent paid down to your kids lunches paid lunches alone are now 1.75 so if you were to add that say for 4 kids 5 days a week thats a lot of money, its people like this who should be forced of their backsides to work, surly their pride must take a denting. But then there is people like the previous posters on here that have found themselves in this situation, through no fault of their own and at the end of the day you have to do what you have to do to get by, not everyone on benifits should be tarred with the same brush.

Im lucky enough to be working as well as my partner, as im lucky enough to have a job who were kind enough to fit my hours round my partner being at home to watch our 4 kids, and yes we get child tax credits and child benifit and to be honest we wouldnt manage each month with the cost of living and everything we have to pay for like so many out there, the easy option would be to sit on benifits but at the end of the day its pride that forces so many people out to work.

weezer 316
23-May-11, 09:16
I think its a bit harsh to accuse all unemployed parents to be benefit scroungers. I have been looking after my younger brother since he was around 9 on my own, and although I work full time and have done since before I got him, if there was more than 1 child I would probably have given up or at elast have gone part time. Full time job in itself loooking after children.

I do agree to an extent though that after a child of very small a parent should return to work. My mother was ne of these scroungers and played the system well and needed a stick, but at the same time a balance must be struck

Corrie 3
24-May-11, 08:58
I am afraid that to the ordinary Man (and Woman) in the street this report gives the view that Parents on benefits cant even be bothered to get dressed to take (and fetch) their children to and from school!! They are quite happy to lounge in their pyjama's all day long and get money thrown at them!
Where is their pride? Have they no shame?
As I keep saying, its little things like this which gives me the impression that the UK is going downhill fast!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-13511668

C3.....:roll::eek:

ducati
24-May-11, 09:22
I am afraid that to the ordinary Man (and Woman) in the street this report gives the view that Parents on benefits cant even be bothered to get dressed to take (and fetch) their children to and from school!! They are quite happy to lounge in their pyjama's all day long and get money thrown at them!
As I keep saying, its little things like this which gives me the impression that the UK is going downhill fast!!!

And yet you complain when 'they' try to fix the system:roll::lol:

Corrie 3
24-May-11, 09:58
And yet you complain when 'they' try to fix the system:lol:
This is true Ducati....because "They" are not going about it the right way!!

C3......:roll:;)

changilass
24-May-11, 10:32

So if you know soooo much better than anyone else as to how things should be done, why the hell are you sitting on your backside typing on a computer, instead of being one of the ones who actually puts themselves forward to do sumat about it?

Rheghead
24-May-11, 10:33
The ethics of having more children than what you can support safely whether that be financially or environmentally should be discussed rationally, it one of the last political taboo subjects and must be addressed in an ever uncertain world. The danger is that we get into a bidding war of piety in which it is mostly the middle classes who make themselves out to be superior.

weezer 316
24-May-11, 11:33

How should "They" go about it my keybaord warrior? I suppose this is a Tory problem too.....

squidge
24-May-11, 11:55
What a load of fuss over a pair of pyjamas. I have thrown a coat over mine and taken the kids to school. I have also waited for the bus with my primary school son in my jamas and coat. Mind you the bus driver did ask me was I having a bad hair day. Right enough I wouldn't go to a meeting in my jamas but surely the point is that mums get their child to school and on time. If they are in their jamas what does it matter.

Corrie 3
24-May-11, 12:32
So if you know soooo much better than anyone else as to how things should be done, why the hell are you sitting on your backside typing on a computer, instead of being one of the ones who actually puts themselves forward to do sumat about it?
And how do you know that I am not??????
I sent my last E-mail 2 months ago to Mr Cameron and still he hasn't replied.....My suggestion was that if he wanted to save money quickly why didnt he make the winter fuel payments and cold weather payments means tested. Even if only 2million people failed the means test (which I believe is a low figure) that would make a saving of at least £4.5million this Autumn!!
Believe it or not I am always on the backs of Salmond, Cameron and Thurso, I just dont sit here and moan!!!
I do get angry when I dont get a reply though, its the least they can do and show's good manners..

Corrie 3
24-May-11, 12:35
How should "They" go about it my keybaord warrior? I suppose this is a Tory problem too.....
No, its a problem that every MP and UK citizen should be worried about and should be coming up with better idea's of saving money than they have done so far, if you have any suggestions to save the country money I would suggest you e-mail them to your MP or direct to the "Boss".

C3......:roll:

Corrie 3
24-May-11, 12:37
What a load of fuss over a pair of pyjamas. I have thrown a coat over mine and taken the kids to school. I have also waited for the bus with my primary school son in my jamas and coat. Mind you the bus driver did ask me was I having a bad hair day. Right enough I wouldn't go to a meeting in my jamas but surely the point is that mums get their child to school and on time. If they are in their jamas what does it matter.
Why not get up 30minutes earlier and get properly dressed ?

C3......:roll::eek:;)

brandy
24-May-11, 13:01
hmmm well i will share with you the costs that two young boys incur in a month for me.. *G* ages 8 and 6
school lunches= 80 pound a month (this is £2 day each) (sam also gets an extra 50p a day so thats really an extra £10 a month.. so you can say 90£ a month on school lunches and tuck.
Piano for Ben=£28 a month
Street Dance for Sam=£ 12 a month
Thursday club= £12 month
MASSK for Sam on wed when ben has piano.. £16 a month (they are going up to £4 a day now)
High life card £25 a month (adding this as it does cover all the swimming lessons for sam)
so not counting the food they eat. the clothes we have to buy, the toys and odds and ends..
this is just after school things, clubs and lunches.. they cost me...

£183.oo
scary isnt it!

weezer 316
24-May-11, 13:32
No, its a problem that every MP and UK citizen should be worried about and should be coming up with better idea's of saving money than they have done so far, if you have any suggestions to save the country money I would suggest you e-mail them to your MP or direct to the "Boss".

C3......:roll:

Typical nationalist cop out....IM fairly sure we asked how you would deal with the issue the thread was started over, namely people haveing children they may or may not be economically able to support. How would you address this?

BTW, I agree with your sentiments on the winter fuel payment. By that token I assume you agree with the eton boys you despise so much after this - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/how-budget-affect-me/8403006/Elderly-lose-up-to-100-from-winter-fuel-allowance.html

weezer 316
24-May-11, 13:35
hmmm well i will share with you the costs that two young boys incur in a month for me.. *G* ages 8 and 6
school lunches= 80 pound a month (this is £2 day each) (sam also gets an extra 50p a day so thats really an extra £10 a month.. so you can say 90£ a month on school lunches and tuck.
Piano for Ben=£28 a month
Street Dance for Sam=£ 12 a month
Thursday club= £12 month
MASSK for Sam on wed when ben has piano.. £16 a month (they are going up to £4 a day now)
High life card £25 a month (adding this as it does cover all the swimming lessons for sam)
so not counting the food they eat. the clothes we have to buy, the toys and odds and ends..
this is just after school things, clubs and lunches.. they cost me...

£183.oo
scary isnt it!

Its madness. I fork out £60 a month for lunches fro my brother! That alone is like running a car! Then their is things like bowling, football, rugby, clothes, food....id reckon he costs over £200 a month to keep, at least! And thats before birthdays and xm......infact I wont even say the word!

bekisman
24-May-11, 13:53
Typical nationalist cop out....IM fairly sure we asked how you would deal with the issue the thread was started over, namely people haveing children they may or may not be economically able to support. How would you address this?

BTW, I agree with your sentiments on the winter fuel payment. By that token I assume you agree with the eton boys you despise so much after this - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/how-budget-affect-me/8403006/Elderly-lose-up-to-100-from-winter-fuel-allowance.html
Your link was in the Lib Dem manifesto..
Reforming Winter Fuel Payments to extend them to all severely disabled people, paid for by delaying age-related Winter Fuel Payments until people reach 65. We will continue to pay Winter Fuel Payments to all current recipients of Pension Credit. Must have surprised em to get in power...

Shabbychic
24-May-11, 14:18

Sorry, but I seem to have missed something here. Where in the above article does it say these parents wearing pyjamas are on benefits, and, as this thread is about, having child after child with no intentions of working?

Whether we agree with their attire or not, at least they are taking and collecting their children from school, as well as attending meetings in the school regarding their education. What they wear has nothing to do with being on benefits.

Corrie 3
24-May-11, 14:36
Sorry, but I seem to have missed something here. Where in the above article does it say these parents wearing pyjamas are on benefits, and, as this thread is about, having child after child with no intentions of working?

Whether we agree with their attire or not, at least they are taking and collecting their children from school, as well as attending meetings in the school regarding their education. What they wear has nothing to do with being on benefits.
If you read all the article Shabby you will see that its been pointed out that some parents take their kids to school in their PJ's and then go and collect them in the afternoon wearing the same PJ's. I would assume that they dont work and stay in the PJ's all day, I would put money that a good deal of them are on benefits because going out in PJ's is just idleness and lazyness....just like not looking for work is!!!
Its too easy to just sit back, watch TV all day and let the taxpayer keep you!

C3.......:eek::roll:

weezer 316
24-May-11, 14:54
If you read all the article Shabby you will see that its been pointed out that some parents take their kids to school in their PJ's and then go and collect them in the afternoon wearing the same PJ's. I would assume that they dont work and stay in the PJ's all day, I would put money that a good deal of them are on benefits because going out in PJ's is just idleness and lazyness....just like not looking for work is!!!

ahem......so what would you do to remedy this?

Shabbychic
24-May-11, 15:16

I know where you are coming from, but actually, wearing pyjamas is a trend, and has been going on for a few years now. It is going on worldwide, and is meant to be "making a statement."

Some very well may be on benefits, but I don't that article as proof of that.

Rheghead
24-May-11, 15:26
Roll over Hoodies! enter the new threat to society, the Jimmerjammers!

RecQuery
24-May-11, 15:34
I wouldn't wear pajamas outside, but I don't have a problem with people who do, the same way I don't lament that people no longer wear top hats etc. Also I've studied and worked from home on occasion and stayed in mine for an extended period of time, mass generalisations can be a dangerous thing.

I just don't see how people can get personally offended over something like this, I mean it's not as if it's going to cause the end of the world or anything.

weezer 316
24-May-11, 15:56
I wouldn't wear pajamas outside, but I don't have a problem with people who do, the same way I don't lament that people no longer wear top hats etc. Also I've studied and worked from home on occasion and stayed in mine for an extended period of time, mass generalisations can be a dangerous thing.

I just don't see how people can get personally offended over something like this, I mean it's not as if it's going to cause the end of the world or anything.

Cmon man! Its clearly a threat to society. I hear they dont even do their makeup and just tie their hair back into the bargain! Scoundrels the lot of them. Send them to a penal colony

Dadie
24-May-11, 16:01
I have accidently worn my jammie top to nursery...
I get dressed then stick my jammie top back on until I have fed Euan his breakfast (no point getting a top dirty when the jammies are going in the washing machine anyway) them in the morning rush I forgot to change into a top and ended up at nursery in my jammie top and it had to be a day that Lauren was being a clingon of the limpet variety and I had to stay and play...god what an idiot I felt!
But in all seriousness how do you know the parents that pick their kids up from school in their jammies are not sleeping all day because they work night shifts?
And they try to fit a few hours kip around the school hours.

brandy
24-May-11, 16:34
i do remember seeing somewhere a while back that a tescos were banning people from wearing jammies and slippers in the shop. so it must be loads that cant be bothered to be dressed!

weezer 316
24-May-11, 16:52
I have accidently worn my jammie top to nursery...
I get dressed then stick my jammie top back on until I have fed Euan his breakfast (no point getting a top dirty when the jammies are going in the washing machine anyway) them in the morning rush I forgot to change into a top and ended up at nursery in my jammie top and it had to be a day that Lauren was being a clingon of the limpet variety and I had to stay and play...god what an idiot I felt!
But in all seriousness how do you know the parents that pick their kids up from school in their jammies are not sleeping all day because they work night shifts?
And they try to fit a few hours kip around the school hours.

Very good point! I did this myself for about 6 months with my younger brother. It was extremely tiring

squidge
25-May-11, 08:04
In addition it could very well be that the mum in her jamas at the school gates is feeling depressed or down in the dumps or has just lost her job or has been up all night with the baby that is poorly and so on and so on and so on!!! But of course none of these busyboddying sticky beak snotty nose turned up people watching can be bothered to ask. They just assume .... lazy idle careless no doubt fat a druggie and an alcoholic existing on benefits and probably even thieving as well. No better than she should be....

It's the same attitude on all these benefit threads. No one truly knows people just assume the worst cos it makes them feel superior and smug and underlines for them that they are better than someone else at least.

And as to why I didn't get up half an hour earlier... It was cos I was knackered. I was dealing with the breakdown of my marriage, which along with associated carry on nearly gave me a breakdown... And no that's not me being melodramatic, I was trying to do a full time college course, trying to manage a very tight budget and be the best mother I could be to three darling boys who were also trying to deal with the marriage ending. I was not sleeping well and it's a wonder I could even get up. But no people would rather think I was a lazy cow cos I turned up to school in my jamas. Well you know what, sometimes I even went home and went back to BED. Guess the world will end eh?

Who are any of these people to judge? No one!!!

NickInTheNorth
25-May-11, 08:15
what a storm in a teacup the whole "'jama drama" is.

Who cares what people wear to drop their kids at school. There'd be room for complaints if I was dropping the kids at school in my night attire!

As it is I get plenty of complaints just 'cos I wear shorts almost year round, it's the complainers problem, the are just narrow minded idiots.

Corrie 3
25-May-11, 09:09
I just think it say's a lot about a person if they go out in their jimjams. It can take less than 3 minutes to get dressed, no matter how busy or tired one is, if they cant find 3 minutes to dress properly then its got to be down to idleness, a coudn't care less attitude and no self esteem in how they look!!
As I have said, the country is going downhill fast, you woudn't have heard of this 10/20/30 years ago, people had more pride in themselves in those days!!!

Dadie
25-May-11, 09:18
Goodness...
I had just got 3 kids breakfasted, dressed, redressed,fighting stopped, shoes on, pram sorted..flat wheel, did the dirty nappy on the baby, took the toddler to the potty...grabbed my coat as we were then running late..got to the nursery ...then looked down at my top and thought:eek:.
Some days are just going to be that way..you know nothing goes right...
Not that I couldnt be bothered to get dressed, I had a shower and had on my clothes other than a top...and just bunged on the jammie top so to feed Euan his breakfast...just didnt have time for myself that morning to change it.
We were all up early that morning but the time disappeared faster it seemed than if we had the 10 mins extra in bed ....

changilass
25-May-11, 09:28
I just think it say's a lot about a person if they go out in their jimjams. It can take less than 3 minutes to get dressed, no matter how busy or tired one is, if they cant find 3 minutes to dress properly then its got to be down to idleness, a coudn't care less attitude and no self esteem in how they look!!
As I have said, the country is going downhill fast, you woudn't have heard of this 10/20/30 years ago, people had more pride in themselves in those days!!!

What it says is that they have their priorities right in getting their kids to school on time.

Who cares if the parents have their jammies on?

I would rather that than seeing the kids with their jammies on and the parents dressed up to the nines full of slap.

We all have bad days, where things are running a bitty behind.

squidge
25-May-11, 09:38

Yes you would... I was doing this ten years ago lol.

The country is struggling precisely because so few people give a damn about other people. So many people do what your posts here do and make sweeping, judgemental sanctimonious comments about the lives of others and how they are such failures because they fail to live up to the standards that self appointed, smug, better-than-yous set down behind the net curtains of their own small world.

Maybe if that headmaster had asked the mothers if they were ok, he might have found out the reason they were there in their jamas. He might have learned something about that person, their lives and problems and actually made a difference to someone instead of tut tufting, sniffing and turning his nose up like some of these posts do on here.

Sanctimonious snobbish judgemental clap trap. Make judgements based on jamas!

Corrie 3
25-May-11, 10:29
Yes you would... I was doing this ten years ago lol.

The country is struggling precisely because so few people give a damn about other people. So many people do what your posts here do and make sweeping, judgemental sanctimonious comments about the lives of others and how they are such failures because they fail to live up to the standards that self appointed, smug, better-than-yous set down behind the net curtains of their own small world.

Maybe if that headmaster had asked the mothers if they were ok, he might have found out the reason they were there in their jamas. He might have learned something about that person, their lives and problems and actually made a difference to someone instead of tut tufting, sniffing and turning his nose up like some of these posts do on here.

Sanctimonious snobbish judgemental clap trap. Make judgements based on jamas!
So tell me Squidge,
Why dont you see Men walking around in their Jimjams, it always appears to be Women !!
Perhaps they just dont care how they look and have no self pride in their appearance, as I said, it takes less than 3 minutes to throw some clothes on.
People wont stop and ask someone at the school gates wearing Jimjams if they are ok, they would more than likely to be told to go away in no uncertain terms, thats why no one will ask !!!

C3......:roll::eek:

NickInTheNorth
25-May-11, 10:43
So tell me Squidge,
Why dont you see Men walking around in their Jimjams, it always appears to be Women !

could just be that lots of men wear just the same as me in bed, and if they were to drop off the kids wearing that then they would be arrested!

Just to put this whole ridiculous fuss into perspective the headteacher at one of the schools was on the radio yesterday, she said that the most important thing is that the children get to school safely and on time, and that if that meant the parents were in their pyjamas then so be it!

She also said that one reason for sending the letters out in the first place was that all the kids turn up for school so nicely dressed and turned out that she felt it was a shame that some parents sometimes were not quite so well turned out.

squidge
25-May-11, 10:52
Hmm so not the end of the world or the complete collapse of all that's good In The world after all.

And corrie.... What utter nonsense.... You don't see men in their jimjams because even today it's usually mums who take the children to school. And also people do enquire after the welfare of others even strangers ... Just not you....and not enough people either

Dadie
25-May-11, 11:00
If I am going out, even to town, I will make a bit more of an effort, but for the school/nursery run in the morning...it doesnt really matter what I look like, my clothes would be clean on, but I might have the snot trail on my shoulder and rice krispies stuck to me (but hopefully not)and old jeans on, my hair might or might not have seen a brush, but the kids are clean, tidy, hair done, teeth brushed, breakfasted and on time!
I think thats the priority!
They have to know they have to be on time...its not a great example turning up 15mins late because mummy hasnt done her make up is it?

golach
25-May-11, 11:13
I was a delivery postman in an earlier life and met many wifies in various forms night attire at their front doors usually around lunch time,, this was more prevalent in the middle class white collar areas of the city, some were more brazen than others, with transparent negligee's, with no shame. Others were in the bullet proof wincette goonies acting coyly, all I was interested in was getting a signature for a recorded/registered delivery package. I used to go down the path to the gate thinking "Lazy Cows".
I often said when asked in the street if I had any mail (which I never gave in the street) for one of these wifies, I would raise my eyebrows and ask "Who are you?" The said wifie would say Mrs So and So from number so and so to which I would reply......oh I did not recognise you with your clothes on. [lol]

bekisman
25-May-11, 11:31
Amongst all these posts, don't seem to see (may have missed it) but what about the kids? with typical bullying that's always been there, the kids of these mothers will certainly get the mickey taken out of em.

IF these woman have a problem, what the hell are they doing looking after kids - I've got four children and ten (at the moment) Grandchildren, so certainly up to date with what things kids yak about..

Dadie
25-May-11, 11:40
Oh well..
I had better take off my boilersuit and baseball cap and bung on my trackie bottoms to get my kids from school/nursery then!:lol:
No point doing the whole yummy mummy thing..dont think the make up will go with the emulsion...
Some of us have very un glam jobs in the house and at work!

Hmmn...I dont actually own trackie bottoms....
But yes I am in a boilersuit!
And at home I wear better stuff than I ever did at work...infact when I went into work to change my pass I got remarks over me scrubbing up, well...if you spend your day in a boiler suit.....

squidge
25-May-11, 11:48
[SIZE=2]IF these woman have a problem, what the hell are they doing looking after kids ..

And the alternative is to do what? Not have kids on the offchance that you might be too tired, sad, lonely, lazy, to get dressed before dropping them off at school at some unspecified time in the future. Not have kids cos you might find them difficult to cope with on occasions; not have kids cos your darling husband might abandon you to bring them up by yourself? Or you might struggle with depression?

Hindsight is an exact science. If the worst thing a mum does is take her wee one, dressed, fed, happily to school whilst wearing her pyjamas then the world is not so bad after all surely.

neilsermk1
25-May-11, 12:12
This has been an interesting thread. Some find it very offensive because they feel it's a personal attack against them. I believe most couples want children. Some can afford more children than others. My personal opinion is I believe couples have only the children they can individually afford. When you depend on Government to support them, I believe you are shirking your responsibility.
Absolutely correct Oldmarine if you can't feed em, don't breed em

Corrie 3
25-May-11, 12:32
And corrie.... What utter nonsense.... You don't see men in their jimjams because even today it's usually mums who take the children to school. And also people do enquire after the welfare of others even strangers ... Just not you....and not enough people either
Not nonsense Squidge,
I have been through everything you are going through in my younger days. I ended up having to bring my 3 children up on my own and hold down a full time job and no help from the DHSS in those days. No matter how down I felt, no matter that I was ready to end it all, I would never dream of taking my Children to school in my Jimjams. It was bad enough being the only Man taking the kids to school in those days, the Women used to gossip about me, just think what they would say if I was wearing my night attire !!
I would probably have been locked up and my kids taken off me!
But tell me something, if you saw 70 yr old man walking round town or a 7 yr old child wearing their PJ's would you stop and ask them why???
I will change my view slightly, its either idleness or a mental health problem!!

C3........:eek::roll:

brandy
25-May-11, 12:39
saying that, a word of wisdom my mother told me.. if everyone waited until they could afford to have children then no one would have any.
i personally do not begrudge anyone having children, i do however go out of my mind to see children disregarded, left to fend for them selves, abused and neglected.
i would much rather see a mum with several children who struggles to make ends meet, but always is there for her kids, has the basics covered and yes, looking flustered and frumpy at times, while getting
a bit of extra help than seeing the child that has loads of toys and gadgets but no love and affection.. or worse yet is smothered in derision and abuse.
the system is there for a reason, its to help those that need it. however it is greatly abused, and we need to find a balance.
can it be done?
dont know.. but its sad that those who need help cant get it.. but others can scrounge masses off the govt.

squidge
25-May-11, 12:54
Not nonsense Squidge,
I have been through everything you are going through in my younger days.:

Not ARE going through corrie - WENT through! Lie is good and I have have the strong helping hands of my 2nd husband to help me with the morning stress levels these days. Oh lol and the only one at school take shimself. He would be mortified if i tried to wait for the bus with him!!!

I ended up having to bring my 3 children up on my own and hold down a full time job and no help from the DHSS in those days. No matter how down I felt, no matter that I was ready to end it all, I would never dream of taking my Children to school in my Jimjams. It was bad enough being the only Man taking the kids to school in those days, the Women used to gossip about me, just think what they would say if I was wearing my night attire !!:

then you were lucky and strong - not everyone is.

I would probably have been locked up and my kids taken off me! then thank goodness times have changed!

But tell me something, if you saw 70 yr old man walking round town or a 7 yr old child wearing their PJ's would you stop and ask them why???
:

Absolutely I would! there might be something wrong. imagine if you didnt stop and ask and something happened to that person how you feel dreadful.

Corrie 3
25-May-11, 13:05
Absolutely I would! there might be something wrong. imagine if you didnt stop and ask and something happened to that person how you feel dreadful.
And so would I, even at the risk of being told to "Go Away" !!!!
But I woudnt ask a Mother at the school gates if she was ok just because she is wearing PJ's......I think I know what answer I would get!!!

C3.....:roll:;)

Dadie
25-May-11, 13:12
I was having a rare day in Thurso yesterday and there was an old lady sitting at her wall.
I thought something wasnt quite right...
So I looped back with the car and got out...the lady had one of those emergency buttons round her neck and taken a wee walk down her path and couldnt turn herself and her walker round to get back.
Now the lady wasnt in jammies, but, wasnt dressed for the weather, and was grateful I took my time to get her back home and seated wiith a cuppa....
Now if I hadnt stopped......

weezer 316
25-May-11, 13:15
Not nonsense Squidge,
I have been through everything you are going through in my younger days. I ended up having to bring my 3 children up on my own and hold down a full time job and no help from the DHSS in those days. No matter how down I felt, no matter that I was ready to end it all, I would never dream of taking my Children to school in my Jimjams. It was bad enough being the only Man taking the kids to school in those days, the Women used to gossip about me, just think what they would say if I was wearing my night attire !!
I would probably have been locked up and my kids taken off me!
I will change my view slightly, its either idleness or a mental health problem!!

C3........:eek::roll:

So, for the 4th time....WHAT WOULD YOU DO TO REMEDY THIS AND STOP THIS COUNTRY PLOUGHING HEADLONG INTO OBLIVION?

I assume independence would solve the issue though no?

Corrie 3
25-May-11, 13:46
So, for the 4th time....WHAT WOULD YOU DO TO REMEDY THIS AND STOP THIS COUNTRY PLOUGHING HEADLONG INTO OBLIVION?

I assume independence would solve the issue though no?
Sorry Weezer, I have got wise to you......Go find someone else to play with and dont shout at me please !!! I do believe infraction points are given for shouting!!!!
Happy hunting my Man!!!!!

C3.....[disgust][disgust][evil]

squidge
25-May-11, 14:10
And so would I, even at the risk of being told to "Go Away" !!!!
But I woudnt ask a Mother at the school gates if she was ok just because she is wearing PJ's......I think I know what answer I would get!!!

Do you ? Why do you assume that you would get the sort of answer you would not want to hear? Is it cos you assume that she would be in her jamas cos she is a lazy slattern? Probably is the answer to that . If you asked the question kindly and with care and pleasantly then 99 times out of ten people will respond the same way. If you asked 'oi you lazy cow what you doing in your jamas' I think you might get told to mind your own business.

weezer 316
25-May-11, 18:01
Sorry Weezer, I have got wise to you......Go find someone else to play with and dont shout at me please !!! I do believe infraction points are given for shouting!!!!
Happy hunting my Man!!!!!

C3.....[disgust][disgust][evil]

Ok, ill whisper....for the 5th time.....what would you do to remedy this situation?? You claimed earlier in the thread the govt was going the wrong way about it. What would you do differently? IM only asking

I contend your nothing but a whinger. A nationalist to the core who likes to sit and blame the govt of the UK for everything. And make ridiculous claims that wearing pj's outside is a sure sign this country is going to the wall! Id say having like minded people to yourself in charge is what will really drive this country to the wall

Corrie 3
25-May-11, 18:06
Ok, ill whisper....for the 5th time.....what would you do to remedy this situation?? You claimed earlier in the thread the govt was going the wrong way about it. What would you do differently? IM only asking

I contend your nothing but a whinger. A nationalist to the core who likes to sit and blame the govt of the UK for everything. And make ridiculous claims that wearing pj's outside is a sure sign this country is going to the wall! Id say having like minded people to yourself in charge is what will really drive this country to the wall
Whatever!!!!

If your Eton Tory pals cant put the country right what chance have I (or you) got!!!
Carry on Weezer, I've sussed you !!!! It must be nice to be so perfect!!!

C3......[disgust][disgust]

bekisman
25-May-11, 18:54
And the alternative is to do what? Not have kids on the offchance that you might be too tired, sad, lonely, lazy, to get dressed before dropping them off at school at some unspecified time in the future. Not have kids cos you might find them difficult to cope with on occasions; not have kids cos your darling husband might abandon you to bring them up by yourself? Or you might struggle with depression?

Hindsight is an exact science. If the worst thing a mum does is take her wee one, dressed, fed, happily to school whilst wearing her pyjamas then the world is not so bad after all surely.
Hey calm down: "IF these woman have a problem, what the hell are they doing looking after kids" I emphasised the word IF, nothing to do with your 'not have kids on the offchance' how silly...
IF they have problems that cause them to do these things, then they need help. But nonetheless, as has been pointed out by other posters - takes but a few minutes to slip a skirt/pair of jeans and a top on - do these kids get taken in their jams?

"Kids difficult on occasions"? of course - been there, done that, but happy to say my wife - who had to cope on her own for months at a time (I was away on duties - just like abandoning her I suppose) although totally disorganised and stressed (ever see 'Woman in a dressing gown'?) still managed to slip something on and not embarrass my kids..

weezer 316
25-May-11, 19:15
Whatever!!!!

If your Eton Tory pals cant put the country right what chance have I (or you) got!!!
Carry on Weezer, I've sussed you !!!! It must be nice to be so perfect!!!

C3......[disgust][disgust]

Sussed me? This aint poker lad! Its a simple question, and your complete inability to answer it betrays the point I made earlier, you just like to criticise and moan and blame the govt, especially one based in England.

Certainly not perfect, just more rationale than you.

Last time, any chance of an anwwer? You got form for this ducking the question.....

Corrie 3
25-May-11, 19:43
Sussed me? This aint poker lad! Its a simple question, and your complete inability to answer it betrays the point I made earlier, you just like to criticise and moan and blame the govt, especially one based in England.

Certainly not perfect, just more rationale than you.

Last time, any chance of an anwwer? You got form for this ducking the question.....

Come back when you have grown up Laddie !!!

weezer 316
25-May-11, 20:30
Hahaha! Spoken like someone who truly has no clue.

Any chance, please, of an answer? What would you do? What would you do to stop lazy layabouts who clearly are jobless shirkers like those who take their kids to school still in thier pjs? Any chance of something other than bluster and accusing people of perfection and to grow up?

Corrie 3
25-May-11, 20:44
Thats right, just an old Nationalist whinger who hasnt got a clue !!!
You got in in one !!

golach
25-May-11, 20:47
Thats right, just an old Nationalist whinger who hasnt got a clue !!!
You got in in one !!

Lmao you heard it from corrie 3 himself it has to be true [lol]

Corrie 3
25-May-11, 21:01
Lmao you heard it from corrie 3 himself it has to be true [lol]
Oh dear Golach,
Still sore that the Nats got in?? I expected that from the Weezle but not from you !!

oldmarine
26-May-11, 05:22
Corrie: I commend you for being a faithful parent. My mother divorced my cheating worthless father when I was 5 years and my brother was 2 years. She worked during the depression of the 1930's using her skill at making clothing. She stayed single until 1944 when I was in the U.S. Marines & overseas in the Pacific and my father died. The man she married was a good man who supported her and my brother. When I returned home from overseas fighting during WW2 I asked my brother how he liked our new step father. My brother replied "he's the best father I never had." That pretty well summed it up.

Corrie 3
26-May-11, 08:27
Corrie: I commend you for being a faithful parent. My mother divorced my cheating worthless father when I was 5 years and my brother was 2 years. She worked during the depression of the 1930's using her skill at making clothing. She stayed single until 1944 when I was in the U.S. Marines & overseas in the Pacific and my father died. The man she married was a good man who supported her and my brother. When I returned home from overseas fighting during WW2 I asked my brother how he liked our new step father. My brother replied "he's the best father I never had." That pretty well summed it up.
Thank you Oldmarine, what a lovely thing to say! At the end of the day it's about love and responsibilities. I could never desert my children no matter how much hard work it was back in those days. I have my reward now because all 3 of them have turned into responsible adults and I now have 6 smashing Grandchildren.
I am so glad that your Mum, you and your Brother found someone decent in the end, it does make all the difference when you find the right person!
Take care !!

C3......:):D