PDA

View Full Version : Car wash question

John Little
21-May-11, 12:06
This is a question to all the bad people of Caithness.

Well if you are reading this you have to be bad, because like me you have not been taken. And unless there are computers up there...

Three years ago I bought a second hand Berlingo. When we went to see it my wife went 'Yeuch' because it is the colour of green traffic lights. I do not care about that - I wanted an MPV for carrying stuff around, so on the basis that it was as cheap as chips and she has her own car anyway, I got it.

And it's great.

There's even a sort of poisonous green Berlingo club who wave and flash frantically at each other when we encounter one another. And finding the car in a carpark is ultra easy. So if we do come to Caithness this summer you can flash us because it's not a usual sort of car...

Trouble is that it has a soft top. Herself does not like getting her hair waved round so it stays shut most of the time.

But I am washing it right now - it came without a manual and I have never dared to take it through a carwash. It's a tough vinyl roof but it is beyond my experience - so I ask you, my fellow sinners....

Can you take a soft-top through a carwash?

Koi
21-May-11, 12:59
Perhaps try handwashing the top first to see. Just a testing spot. May save you ruining your whole top.

As for the wife just tell her to tie her hair back or wear a head hugging hat so that you can drive it with the top down ;)

John Little
21-May-11, 13:14
TELL my wife to do something :eek:

Koi
21-May-11, 13:16
TELL my wife to do something :eek:

Is she a bit of a dragon? ;)

John Little
21-May-11, 13:25
No... the Dragon is me. She's a pig and my step-daughter is a monkey...

However, if our relationship turned to telling her rather than asking her I doubt it would last very long.

Corrie 3
21-May-11, 14:14
There is a simple answer to your question John................
Put your car through the carwash and if it rips the cover off you know the answer is NO!!!..........So then you will know not to do it again in the future....
Hope this helps !!....;)

C3.....:roll:;)

John Little
21-May-11, 14:23
LOL - you funny man! :roll:

[lol]

Corrie 3
21-May-11, 15:00
LOL - you funny man! :roll:

[lol]
Of course I'm funny, thats why I vote SNP !!!!!

C3.......:lol:

Kodiak
21-May-11, 16:26
What you should do is drive through with the top Down.

That way not only do you get your car washed inside as well as out, but you also get a shower yourself and this will save you the electricity for having a shower back home. :)