PDA

View Full Version : nest

Doreen
21-May-11, 11:02
Could someone please give me advice we are repairing our roof and have discovered there is a nest with four little chicks in under the wood dont want to disturb the poor we things any suggestions what to do

kriklah
21-May-11, 13:32
leave that section of roof till last, wait for them to fledge and leave the nest, then remove the nest and fix the roof once they are gone,

pat
21-May-11, 15:29
Watch to see what type of adult bird flies into the area of the nest, with you accidentally disturbing the nest area already the adults may have abandoned the nest now even though there are fledglings in there.

Doreen
21-May-11, 17:04
My husband left a wee section of the roof open its starlings there peedie little things so cute we have been watching and the mum has found the way in to feed them so as soon as they fly the nest we will get the rest of the roof done thank you for your kind suggestions.

scorpion
21-May-11, 17:10
Thats the best thing to do as it is an offence under the Wildlife and Countryside Act to intentionally take, damage or destroy the nest of any wild bird whilst it is in use or being built !

Doreen
21-May-11, 17:57
Thats the best thing to do as it is an offence under the Wildlife and Countryside Act to intentionally take, damage or destroy the nest of any wild bird whilst it is in use or being built !Iwould never dream of destroying or damaging ay bird that is why i asked for advice