PDA

View Full Version : Help with Toothache.... PLEASE!!!

girnigoe
13-Sep-06, 23:39
Can anyone recommend a good cure for toothache??

I cant take any more tablets... I swear Im rattling........!!!!!

Im going to (try) phone for an appointment in the morning. But I need something to get me through the night... :cry:

Any ideas?

pultneytooner
13-Sep-06, 23:43
Can anyone recommend a good cure for toothache??

I cant take any more tablets... I swear Im rattling........!!!!!

Im going to (try) phone for an appointment in the morning. But I need something to get me through the night... :cry:

Any ideas?#Try rubbing a crushed aspirin on the gum round the sore tooth they say it works.

girnigoe
13-Sep-06, 23:46
Thanks. I will give it a try.

Although maybe I shouldnt as I had painkillers about 2 hours ago with both Paracetamol and Aspirin in?? :confused:

SandTiger
13-Sep-06, 23:59
You'll not get any now but get a bottle of Clove Oil for your medicine cabinet - Just in case it happens again and the asprin/paracetamol have not helped, also...

Rinse your toothache away. Take a mouthful of water (at body temperature) and rinse vigorously. If your toothache is caused by trapped food, a thorough rinse may dislodge the problem.
Floss gently. If swishing doesn't work, you can try to pry the popcorn hulls or tiny bits of meat out from between your teeth by flossing, says Dr. Taintor. Be gentle! Your gums are likely to be sore.
Take a "shot" to numb the pain. Hold a swig of whiskey over the painful tooth, says Dr. Corn. Your gums will absorb some of the alcohol and that will numb the pain. Spit out the rest.
Rinse with salty water. After each meal and at bedtime, stir 1 teaspoon of salt into an 8-ounce glass of water (again, at body temperature), says Dr. Corn. Hold each mouthful, roll it around your mouth. Spit.
Try a hand massage. When you have an achy tooth, this can ease the pain by 50 percent. Rub an ice cube into the V-shaped area where the bones of the thumb and forefinger meet. Gently push the ice over the area for 5 to 7 minutes.

Wish
14-Sep-06, 00:09
Try wrapping some frozen peas in a towel and holding it against your cheek, it wont make the toothache go but it will dull the pain. I hope you get it sorted soon, toothache is not pleasant atallx

Fran
14-Sep-06, 00:16
putting cloves on the sore tooth takes the pain away.You can get a toothache kit or cream from Boots, but that wont help tonight. Even a piece of chewing gum over the tooth will help as it stops the air getting to the nerve of the tooth which causes the pain. Dont let air get to it, a warm hot water bottle will help too.

pedromcgrory
14-Sep-06, 02:13
co -codamol dizzolvable ones are handy to have there best to keep handy but saying that they last only for hour and half but that feels a lifetime when ur in agony and gives you oppertunity to get sleep ,clove oil does nothing for me except slever lol ,bongela is handy as well to store and as someone said frozen peas etc does numb pain ,and the good old whiskey only works i noticed if you keep it in mouth but also swallow it aswell :)

Lolabelle
14-Sep-06, 05:26
everything I have ever tried has been quoted above, and as it is 5.30am there, I hope you have managed to get some pain relief and sleep. All the best, Lola.:)

Buttercup
14-Sep-06, 16:54
Try Bonjela/teething gel. It does work to a certain extent.

Alice in Blunderland
14-Sep-06, 17:10
Okay Giringoe ive got the PLIERS just let me know where you live and ill get your toothache sorted.:eek:
All joking aside have you got a dentist to see you or are you still in pain?

Alice in Blunderland
14-Sep-06, 17:12
I forgot to mention Ibuprofen helps with toothache as it is an anti-inflammatory it can be taken at the same time as paracetamol so gives extra pain relief as well.

wickchick
14-Sep-06, 17:34
Try a hot water bottle wrapped up in a towel i thought that helped.lie down with it and it also helps you to sleep.

Hope this helps

_Ju_
14-Sep-06, 22:54
Asprin is acidic and should not be put on a tooth that in all probability is already damaged. Aside from the fact that the asprin will be a better painkiller systemically than locally, where it won't be metabolized.

girnigoe
14-Sep-06, 23:16
Thanks for all the replies everyone!

I have an appointment tomorrow... Thank Goodness.

I read a load of different things about it on the internet last night (couldnt sleep!). One article told me you must NOT take aspirin for toothache as if you need the tooth out it may cause extra bleeding.

I did try a good few of the suggestions even SandTigers one about a hand massage (which seemed to help a little!?) but I have to say the one that helped the most was the frozen peas.

Nurofen definetly seems to work better than paracetamol too!!

girnigoe
14-Sep-06, 23:20
Okay Giringoe ive got the PLIERS just let me know where you live and ill get your toothache sorted

:eek:

Mind you at 3.30am this morning I would happily have taken you up on that offer. :grin:

Wish
14-Sep-06, 23:39
Glad the frozen peas helped, hope you get the tooth sorted soon x

krieve
15-Sep-06, 08:06
TCP liquid is good put a little drop in your month gurgle it around.. then spit it out.(don't swallow)Not a very nice taste but very effective .I Think it's mainly used for abscess.

Chobbersjnr
15-Sep-06, 14:14
I had a friend who used oil of cloves & aside from the nasty smell it worked for him

Ricco
15-Sep-06, 20:44
Dentist - works every time. :)

footie chick
15-Sep-06, 20:56
Throat spray numbs it

mr do dar
15-Sep-06, 22:25
you could also try cgetting somthing hard bite on it for 30 seconds then swill whisky round your mouth its briiliant hope it gets better the tooth fairys are waiting with baited breath ha ha ha ha