PDA

View Full Version : bacon

bigk
20-May-11, 19:40
smoked or unsmoked bacon?..........i am a smoked bacon person,what about you lot?

ducati
20-May-11, 19:42
Quorn bacon like formed protein slices MMMMMM!

bigk
20-May-11, 19:46
You wot???

ducati
20-May-11, 19:47
What? I'm veggie

bigk
20-May-11, 19:52
Vaggie bacon wot next veggie haggis??????....HUMANS TEETH ARE SET UP FOR CARNIVOUROUS EATING DOESNT THIS GIVE YOU A CLUE!!!!!!

silverlady
20-May-11, 20:11
Smoked, definitely! mmmmmmmm

Dadie
20-May-11, 20:26
Unsmoked for back bacon and smoked for streaky and as for lardons I like it to be half and half when cooking with them.

ducati
20-May-11, 20:46
Vaggie bacon wot next veggie haggis??????....HUMANS TEETH ARE SET UP FOR CARNIVOUROUS EATING DOESNT THIS GIVE YOU A CLUE!!!!!!

Omnivorous actually, and I think I'll give the Vaggie bacon a miss.:eek:

shazzap
20-May-11, 20:51
Don't eat much bacon. But when i do, i prefer unsmoked dry cured. Grilled or dry fried.

Mystical Potato Head
20-May-11, 20:55

Some people aren't very keen on vaggies at all.
Veggie haggis is actually quite nice,or at least the one i had was.It was covered in a vindaloo sauce though,so for all i know it could have been a vaggie.... or even a bacon vaggie.:lol:

Rheghead
20-May-11, 21:04

How come gorillas have massive canines but are completely veggie?

shazzap
20-May-11, 21:12
Don't they eat grubs? Also are they like Chimps/Monkys and will eat otherChimps/ Monkeys.

Kells
20-May-11, 21:45
Don't they eat grubs? Also are they like Chimps/Monkys and will eat otherChimps/ Monkeys.

Yuckie ........ putting me of my bacon :(

joxville
20-May-11, 22:43
How come gorillas have massive canines but are completely veggie?

They use the dogs, usually Alsations, to patrol their veggie patches. :Razz

joxville
20-May-11, 22:44
I like any bacon, grilled or fried, on bread or a roll, with Ketchup and HP brown sauce.

pmcd
20-May-11, 23:41
Vegetarianism is a psychological condition, which can only be cured by the smell of frying bacon.

ducati
21-May-11, 01:12
Vegetarianism is a psychological condition, which can only be cured by the smell of frying bacon.

It is true, the single biggest cause of reform.:(

therealducati
21-May-11, 08:42

As Ducati says, humans are actually omnivores- we have molars and not carnassial teeth at the back. However, we (Ducati and me)are veggie because of the whole transport and abattoir system, rather than because we disapprove of eating meat in general. If you could prove to me that the animal had lived a "happy" life and had literally never realised it was about to die, then theoretically at least, I would chow down.
We are not evangelical (so no rapture for us!) about this- it is a personal choice for everyone. Also, as we have two dogs and ten cats (dogs can survive on a veggie diet, although i refer you to the bloodhound scene in Shirley Valentine, whereas cats are obligate carnviores- they will go blind due to lack of Taurine and eventually die if fed a meat free diet) it is a bit difficult to be too strident about the whole "no meat" issue.

Having said all that, i think bacon should be re-classified as a vegetable because it is one of the few things I miss. Thick white bread, loads of Lurpak and crispy bacon- yummmmy!

ducati
21-May-11, 08:46
As Ducati says, humans are actually omnivores- we have molars and not carnassial teeth at the back. However, we (Ducati and me)are veggie because of the whole transport and abattoir system, rather than because we disapprove of eating meat in general. If you could prove to me that the animal had lived a "happy" life and had literally never realised it was about to die, then theoretically at least, I would chow down.
We are not evangelical (so no rapture for us!) about this- it is a personal choice for everyone. Also, as we have two dogs and ten cats (dogs can survive on a veggie diet, although i refer you to the bloodhound scene in Shirley Valentine, whereas cats are obligate carnviores- they will go blind due to lack of Taurine and eventually die if fed a meat free diet) it is a bit difficult to be too strident about the whole "no meat" issue.

Having said all that, i think bacon should be re-classified as a vegetable because it is one of the few things I miss. Thick white bread, loads of Lurpak and crispy bacon- yummmmy!

I disassociate myself from the above post by some nutter [para]

Corrie 3
21-May-11, 09:24

Ah its good to see the real Ducati back, that imposter was starting to get on my nerves on the Independance thread!!

C3.......:roll:[lol];)

bigk
21-May-11, 11:22
never meant to upset anyone we all have our own opinions etc...must be my sense of humour!!!:Razz

ducati
21-May-11, 11:53
never meant to upset anyone we all have our own opinions etc...must be my sense of humour!!!:Razz

Dont worry bigk, any thread that gives rise to comic relief is great.