PDA

View Full Version : Dihydrogenmonoxide pollution: Should the government be doing more?

Dreadnought
13-Sep-06, 22:29
Researchers found that the presence of dihydrogen-monoxide in much of Britain has reached startling levels:
it is present in its crude form, often spilling unmonitored on to city streets;
it was found to be a crucial ingredient in many common chemical compounds;
its presence was even detected in that most ubiquitous of civilised artifacts, the polystyrene cup.

The dangers of dihydrogen-monoxide include:

Also called hydroxyl acid, the substance is a major component of acid rain;
The chemical is so caustic that it accelerates the corrosion and rusting of many metals;
Contributes to soil erosion;
Contributes to the greenhouse effect;
Accelerates corrosion and breakdown of electrical equipment;
Excessive ingestion may cause various unpleasant effects;
Prolonged contact with its solid form results in severe tissue damage;
Inhalation, even in small quantities, may cause death;
Its gaseous form may cause severe burns;
It has been found in the tumors of terminal cancer patients;
Withdrawal by those addicted to the substance causes certain death within 168 hours;

The presence of this dangerous chemical has been detected in every stream, river, lake and reservoir in Britain. Nevertheless, governments and corporations continue using it widely, heedless of its grave dangers.

Dihydrogen-monoxide is polluting the planet and killing thousands of people every day. Should the Government be doing more to eradicate this very dangerous pollutant?

;)

Alice in Blunderland
13-Sep-06, 22:46
Cant help myself on this one but my sarcastic reply to this is Tonys too busy meddling in other peoples business to bother sorting anything at home sorry for this reply but its been a long day,think I should be in the pub.

Naefearjustbeer
13-Sep-06, 23:05
I think I will stick to the water myself much safer :lol:

Moira
13-Sep-06, 23:13
I think I will stick to the water myself much safer :lol:

I'm with you Naefearjustbeer. I've got an idea here though...... We'll take the water & "hop" over to the religious thread & then head to the Pub thread. By then mine will have turned into wine (red I hope) and yours will be a pint, I take it ??[lol]

crayola
13-Sep-06, 23:40
That's terrible dreadnought. We should stop burning fossil fuels and stop pollution. I read an old Scientific American when I was in the dentist's waiting room today. It said we should be using hydrogen fuel cells instead. It burns cleanly.... and..... hey, presto! No pollution at all. No Dihydro.... monoxide poisoned air. Just nice clean water. Put that in your bath and smoke it Mr Blair.

George Brims
14-Sep-06, 00:39
No, no Crayola that's no good - the byproduct of these so-called "clean" hydrogen fuel cells is dihydrogen monoxide!

crayola
14-Sep-06, 00:48
Are you saying Scientific American got it wrong? I'm worried about ozone myself. I read that it might lead to a world oxygen shortage.

Elenna
14-Sep-06, 01:55
The presence of this dangerous chemical has been detected in every stream, river, lake and reservoir in Britain. Nevertheless, governments and corporations continue using it widely, heedless of its grave dangers.

Dihydrogen-monoxide is polluting the planet and killing thousands of people every day. Should the Government be doing more to eradicate this very dangerous pollutant?

It may already be too late for anything really useful to be done by the government, though, even if they were willing (or could) get their act together about this. In addition to what Dreadnought has warned us about in his post, further scientific reports also say that this dihydrogen-monoxide can be found in a large proportion of tissue in the human body, not only in the UK, but in people worldwide. :eek: And it doesn't seem theres anything at all we can do about it. Its everywhere.

Moira
14-Sep-06, 02:14
Elenna

You're right - it's too scary to be true. And men apparently can hold 10-20% more of this substance in their bodies than women. Shock, horror - where do we go from here :eek:

canuck
14-Sep-06, 02:29
In Canada we solved the dihydrogenmonoxide problem years ago.

j4bberw0ck
14-Sep-06, 07:06
further scientific reports also say that this dihydrogen-monoxide can be found in a large proportion of tissue in the human body, not only in the UK, but in people worldwide. :eek: And it doesn't seem theres anything at all we can do about it. Its everywhere.

What's worse is that it appears to concentrate in the brain; tests regularly confirm that the highest ratios of dihydrogen monoxide are found in the brain. Next highest is the blood. Do you think it's a conspiracy? What effect might it be having on us without our knowing? How might it alter our thinking processes? :eek:

Action, this day, Mr Blair!

crayola
14-Sep-06, 09:52
There's not much of it in my brain this morning. I'm dehydrated.

Anyways, you can avoid it by going to live in the Outback. No Dihydro.... monoxide in the rivers there.

But the news gets worse. NASA think there could be traces of the solid form near the poles on Mars. How did that get there? Eek! :eek:

j4bberw0ck
14-Sep-06, 10:03
NASA think there could be traces of the solid form near the poles on Mars. How did that get there? Eek! :eek:

Good grief. I knew it all along, I really did, but they all laughed at me..... see? I was right! It's the aliens! They store it on Mars and bring it here in their flying saucers..... they want our planet.....

<scuttles off to see if there's any episodes of "V" on the telly today. Pass the bowl of rats, please...>

j4bberw0ck
14-Sep-06, 11:26
At least someone is taking this threat seriously, thank heaven. We may be saved yet; check out >>>this informational website<<< (http://www.dhmo.org/) which details the work of eminent scientists on the problem.

FAQs are >>>here<<<. (http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html) The link between violence in schools and ready availability of DHMO is particularly worrying.

MadPict
14-Sep-06, 12:09
Cult rituals? Does that include witchcraft?...

Some of the well-known uses of Dihydrogen Monoxide are:

* in cult rituals,

crayola
14-Sep-06, 12:23
Cult rituals? Does that include witchcraft?...Ha ha sure does.

This is a bad bad day for a morning off work. The DiHiMonOx pollution is worse today than it's been for many many weeks.

The good news is that the men from Comet have delivered my new tumble dryer. Did you know you can use them to extract DiHiMonOx from clothing? They're far more versatile gadgets than you'd think.

Errogie
14-Sep-06, 18:20
Dreadnought, before we all collapse into another pre apocalyptic heap of gibbering, doom laden, end of the world numpties please tell us how you know thousands are daily succumbing to this new threat, and is the proportion of this new poison in our rivers and water ways statistically significant?

"I may be green but I am not brainwashed"

obiron
14-Sep-06, 18:36
Dreadnought, before we all collapse into another pre apocalyptic heap of gibbering, doom laden, end of the world numpties please tell us how you know thousands are daily succumbing to this new threat, and is the proportion of this new poison in our rivers and water ways statistically significant?

"I may be green but I am not brainwashed"

thank you errogie. a voice of reason never heard of it before now.everything seems to be bad for you in the world. maybe we should move to the moon.[lol]

Dreadnought
14-Sep-06, 19:11

There is absolutely no doubt this stuff is in every river, lake, pond and reservoir in the country. It is even in your bath and drinking water. Government research has shown it, independent research has shown it.

scotsboy
14-Sep-06, 19:17
Our ould pal JJC posted about this very matter over two years ago.

j4bberw0ck
14-Sep-06, 19:18
I was interested to see from crayola's post that pollution by DHMO was bad today in parts of Caithness. It's been appalling here; I've stayed indoors almost all day with the doors and windows shut. And Scapa Flow, having cleansed itself of the algal blooms earlier this summer, is just choked with the stuff.

Dreadnought
14-Sep-06, 19:29
It was also a major component of the million tons of sewage dumped in the Thames yesterday and today because London's sewers could not cope with the overflow.

daviddd
14-Sep-06, 19:40
There is absolutely no doubt this stuff is in every river, lake, pond and reservoir in the country. It is even in your bath and drinking water. Government research has shown it, independent research has shown it.LOL - I have reason to believe there's some in my bath!!! B@@@@@ stuff is getting everywhere!

JAWS
16-Sep-06, 07:39
Of course, six months ago, the South-East of England claimed they had insufficient Dihydrogenmonoxide and suggested that they should have the right to take everybody else's.

I suppose we should expect it, they're never satisfied with what they've got, they always want what everybody else has as well. :)

j4bberw0ck
16-Sep-06, 07:49
Of course, six months ago, the South-East of England claimed they had insufficient Dihydrogenmonoxide and suggested that they should have the right to take everybody else's.

I suppose we should expect it, they're never satisfied with what they've got, they always want what everybody else has as well. :)

Good morning, JAWS. Are you suggesting that anyone would want to buy this pollutant? Perhaps we can sell them some carbon dioxide, too?