PDA

View Full Version : Horse owners beware!

Nettie
19-May-11, 16:47
Please be aware a black lorry & Maroon Transit van with windows on side of van (poss 'X' reg) has been seen at a number of places horses have been taken from. Last week 2 horses, coloured cobs stolen from Beverley (East Yorkshire), then a sighting of van (feeding pony) in Filey. 2 horses stolen from Thirsk last night again lorry & van seen. Please copy and post/share if in the UK

donnick
19-May-11, 19:57
thank you Nettie

sids
19-May-11, 20:43
That's a bit remote, isn't it?

Catharnach74
20-May-11, 19:48
These vehicles have been seen on the Wick side of Caithness during the week so stay alert horsey people!

stixie
25-May-11, 15:51
A Maroon transit Van has been going back and fore past my house for 4 days solid now and yesterday was sitting up at my other horses field. I have a single horse at home and 4 in the said other park, but i have been so aware of this suspicious van. To be honest i thought they were planning something on my neighbours house which is empty right now, but the horses did cross my mind.

This maroon van i'm seeing is P reg. I am in Bettyhill.

This could be completely innocent and unrelated with people fishing etc but i am not taking any chances now.

pat
25-May-11, 17:17
hope you have taken the registration no and passed it to the police - they may be interested and be able to ask the folk a few questions and perhaps scare these folk away or make them aware they are being watched from all areas. Worth taking the number and calling the information in.

achingale
25-May-11, 18:26
This is what the Org does best and it gets the message out quickly. Thanks for posting this Nettie and everyone, keep a look out.