PDA

View Full Version : scoop shop

puffin croft
18-May-11, 18:40
popped into the new scoop shop in wick today and it is well worth a peep.i found great bargain prices for baking items like cake tins,baking powder,cake mixes,icing sugar,different nuts all sorts of things.lots of sweeties but also loose vitamins,dog biscuits,cereals,bird foods and rices and spices.do pop in if you are passing,lady we met was lovely and helpful too.

starfish
18-May-11, 18:49
i been in very nice handy if you do not do a lot of baking as you can get just the amount you need for a recipe and not left with a packet to waste when you only had a couple of ounces out of it

heather11
18-May-11, 20:13
Where about is the scoop shop in Wick?

starfish
18-May-11, 20:28
dempster street in the old news agents

The Music Monster
19-May-11, 00:04
My sisters keep appearing with a variety of old fashioned sweets from there. Naturally, I have to oblige by eating :p

Also a fantastic range of savoury snacks, apparently. Who knows - one day I might make it round the corner to go for myself!

puffin croft
19-May-11, 08:55
what i also love is hardly any packaging to dispose of.just a little bag instead of plastic tubes or boxes or trays etc.gotta be good for the land fills!

roadbowler
19-May-11, 10:39
Been in quite a few times myself. Great wee shop. Lots of good ingredients for curries and dried fruit and nuts in the quantities you want. Agree with you on the packaging; handy bags are reusable for all sorts.

cherokee
19-May-11, 15:53
Just popped into this amazing wee shop - absolutely fantastic !! :)

A huge variety of things like sweets, dog food, flour, sugar, salt, bird food and even washing powder, all of which you can buy as little or as much of as you need it. It also stocks all manner of spices in handy wee bags, some of which I've never even heard of !

The lady is extremely helpful and pleasant too.

Only one complaint though............................................ .I wish she'd opened this shop years ago !!
;)

Kevin Milkins
20-May-11, 16:36
I just made my first visit and will be going again, good gear, fair price, and nice folk.

Tilly Teckel
20-May-11, 22:23
I popped in today and ruined my diet - too many sweeties!!! Fab shop though :)

chaz
25-May-11, 15:39
Brilliant shop, first of many visits today :)

cakesbycarrieanne
25-May-11, 15:50
Fantastic! Canada is really great for bulk bins as we call them and I have missed them greatly being here. Nice to know there's a shop now. Can't wait to take a look!

Leanne
04-Jun-11, 10:27
Off to have a look myself!