PDA

View Full Version : Which orgers are planning a holiday in Caithness this summer?

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
18-May-11, 07:16
So who's coming up and where are you staying? are you visiting family and friends or just love to holiday here? What do you plan to do while you're here? where do you look for things to do ? or is the org your guru?

shazzap
18-May-11, 08:51
I keep saying, i am coming back up for a visit. i miss living there but, my disability makes the journey, very uncomfortable. The worst part being Inverness to Wick. That train journey is a killer.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
18-May-11, 17:28
Yes I believe it would be - it's so long though - not so bad coming here but going home is worse - at least on the way up you have the excitement of where you're going!!!

John Little
18-May-11, 18:55
Got vague plans of drifting north to a holiday cottage September time but nothing fixed. With a house to sell and a move to do we may not do anything holiday wise. We shall see.

joxville
18-May-11, 21:10
I remain hopeful that I can make a visit to Caithness this summer, and hopefully meet some of my fans too. :)

shazzap
18-May-11, 21:33
Yes I believe it would be - it's so long though - not so bad coming here but going home is worse - at least on the way up you have the excitement of where you're going!!!
Very true. It is about time Caithness had a better train service. Not just for tourists, but the people who live there, and have to put up with it.

Kenn
19-May-11, 00:15
I'm on permanent holiday up here!

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
19-May-11, 03:41
I'm on permanent holiday up here!

I like it!!

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
19-May-11, 03:42
Got vague plans of drifting north to a holiday cottage September time but nothing fixed. With a house to sell and a move to do we may not do anything holiday wise. We shall see.

ah welll if you do manage I'll give you a good deal on a cottage haha!!

Bazeye
20-May-11, 09:05
Wife and daughter are in Thurso now. Unfortunately I havent got any holidays left.

donnick
20-May-11, 10:01
I am lucky enough to be in the beautiful county of caithness permanetly and love it even the bad weather:D

oldmarine
21-May-11, 02:48
So who's coming up and where are you staying? are you visiting family and friends or just love to holiday here? What do you plan to do while you're here? where do you look for things to do ? or is the org your guru?

I would like to come for a visit this summer to Caithness, but my family has too many other activities going on this summer for us to make it there.

Koi
21-May-11, 13:06
Wife and daughter are in Thurso now. Unfortunately I havent got any holidays left.

Ah but you are on holiday as you're getting peace from the wife and daughter lol.

Bazeye
22-May-11, 02:30
Still got Ross and the two cats though. ;)

Corrie 3
22-May-11, 09:02
Thanks to these dreadful Coalition cuts I am forced to take my holidays in Caithness................I cant afford to travel anywhere else !!!

C3..........:eek::roll:;)

ducati
22-May-11, 09:20
Thanks to these dreadful Coalition cuts I am forced to take my holidays in Caithness................I cant afford to travel anywhere else !!!

Ouch! I rarely venture out of the Highlands these days. Seen the world, all pretty much the same (except some of it smells worse) :lol:

I got neck ache recently from spending a few days near Glencoe from having to look up to see the sky.

karia
25-May-11, 21:14
I will be 'home' in mid July.

Cannot wait to see my friends, it has been too long. :)

oldmarine
26-May-11, 01:43

C3..........:eek::roll:;)

The poor economy has touched too many people. Perhaps it will improve in the near future for you.

Dadie
26-May-11, 09:27
My "holiday" will be 2 nights in a tent.
With 3 kids, the oldest being 5 and the littlest 18 months.
Tried getting a hotel or a B&B for the 5 of us in Inverness....but ended up with the tent....

ducati
26-May-11, 14:34
The poor economy has touched too many people. Perhaps it will improve in the near future for you.

If it does OM, he will just find something else to moan about :lol:

Corrie 3
26-May-11, 14:52
If it does OM, he will just find something else to moan about :lol:
At my age I am allowed to moan, Alex says so !!!

C3....;)

sandyr1
26-May-11, 14:56
Just spent 2 weeks in Caithness and a few days in Orkney/ weather not too good and then the wind came/ and then the volcano went off....
And am back in the 'promised land'.

golach
26-May-11, 14:57
Was thinking of coming north for a wee break, but sadly not now, too many owld grumps up there for my liking [disgust]

Corrie 3
26-May-11, 17:35
Was thinking of coming north for a wee break, but sadly not now, too many owld grumps up there for my liking

Oh come on up Golach, another original old Grump will be good, we can Grump together !!!!!

C3.......:roll:;):lol:

Moira
26-May-11, 21:28
Was thinking of coming north for a wee break, but sadly not now, too many owld grumps up there for my liking [disgust]

Oh well, suit yourself. Did you decide that when you realised it's your turn to buy a round? ;)

Anyway, less of the "owld" And, for the record, I'm only grumpy sometimes. :Razz

golach
27-May-11, 09:05
Oh come on up Golach, another original old Grump will be good, we can Grump together !!!!!C3.......

Aye right, I am fed up....not hard up [disgust]

Corrie 3
27-May-11, 12:19
Aye right, I am fed up....not hard up [disgust]
Perhaps better staying in the Lowlands then Golach, be grumpy on your own then you dont get to fall out with anybody!!!

C3....;)

Tatbabe
29-May-11, 21:27
I am lucky enough to be in the beautiful county of caithness permanetly and love it even the bad weather:D

I can only agree - moved up here last September and have loved the snow last winter; hopefully the summer will be just as good.

Dadie
30-May-11, 00:24
Ok have only lived here...but can anyone give me a camping guide with young kids please...other than the smile/shudder look...
As an novice at camping and camping with kids...I think we could do with all advice thrown at us other than.. dont do it..etc..