PDA

View Full Version : Making waves after school club closurer

wickfamilycentre
16-May-11, 18:31
As you may be aware on friday 13th making Waves after school club closed it doors for the final time. In the past few months our numbers dropped and despite the attempts from staff we were unable to encourage a greater up take of places. Regretfully we were no longer able to offer this service at such a huge loss.

We would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who has been involved in the club over the last few years. A huge thank you to all the parents for the support they have shown and an even bigger thank you to the children who have attended for making the club such a fun and exciting place to work.

In regards to our summer holiday club, staff and trustees are working very hard to secure funding to continue the service through out the holidays so please keep an eye out for our programme in the next few weeks.

With thanks

Staff at Wick Family centre

Missy Wick
17-May-11, 00:46
aw thats a shame
I dont have the need for the use of an after school club but have let my child attend the holiday club held there and he loved it.
Lets hope you manage to carry it on over the summer as he looks forward to going.

wickfamilycentre
17-May-11, 18:41
Thank you

After a meeting today i can confirm we will be open for the final three weeks of the summer holidays 25th July - 12th August . We are now putting the finishing touches to our summer programme and hope to bring the children another year of fun filled activities.

We would also like to mention that our wrap around service will continue to run as always providing flexible care for pre school children ( 2 years six month - 5 years) from 8.30 am until 3.00 pm each day as there seems to have been a little confusion following the closurer of the after school club.

Cupcake
17-May-11, 22:18
Hi, Where could i find out more about the wrap around services that the family centre provides? Never knew about it, thanks

wickfamilycentre
18-May-11, 06:59
Hi,

you are welcome to pop into the centre between 8.30 and 3.00 during the week or give us a phone on 01955 606065 and staff will get a welcome pack to you and answerr any questions you may have whilst you look around.
The service is offered each day between 8.30 and 3.00 and is £3.60 an hour.

Thanks