PDA

View Full Version : Shed advice

buster01
15-May-11, 14:00
Im thinking of buying one of those metal sheds for my sons outdoor toys. We live in a shared court yard, the shed doesnt come with a base, im not sure what we can use for a base, as we dont want to screw it to the paving outside. Any ideas??

latheronwheel-shambles
15-May-11, 14:31
I had a metal shed and it was not very good. I now have a plastic kettler shed from argos. It has a base integrated into it and it is completely solid fantastic value, completely waterproof as well. I hope this helps.

hardcore superstar
15-May-11, 15:02
i have a metal shed but i wouldn't get one again. it was meant to have a 10 year rust guarantee but it started getting rusty within the year. there's now a hole in the roof as the rust has eaten through.

buster01
15-May-11, 17:34
thanks for the advice, but im still going to buy it just need some help on a base please

Dog-eared
15-May-11, 18:03
With the humidity we get up here it's going to be dripping inside unless it's well ventilated.

buster01
15-May-11, 19:08
I had a metal shed and it was not very good. I now have a plastic kettler shed from argos. It has a base integrated into it and it is completely solid fantastic value, completely waterproof as well. I hope this helps.

wat size was it and price???

ducati
15-May-11, 19:30
Something like timber decking, you can get decking squares about 1/2 metre square that would be easy to handle then screw the shed to that. I have a Yardmaster garage and did have a Yardmaster shed at a previous house. Apart from the doors being a bit flimsey it is holding up well after 3 years.

buster01
15-May-11, 19:39
thanks i will go ahead and price it, thanks again

Bazeye
15-May-11, 20:34
Or you could always change your mind and get a dragon instead