PDA

View Full Version : Meeting orgers

ducati
13-May-11, 18:05
I've met several orgers recently and what a great bunch you are :cool:

I met tubthumper today and I have to say what a smashing burd. She is everything I imagined, even without the bag [lol]

sandyr1
13-May-11, 18:13
Pray tell me where 'they' meet?

ducati
13-May-11, 18:15
ooh, all kinds of places, out and about :D

sandyr1
13-May-11, 18:21
Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

ShelleyCowie
13-May-11, 18:34
im lucky enough to have met alot, and become great friends with a few! (basically the ones who are as crazy as i am) The most random meeting was with Julia, she came into the shop where i worked, recognised my tattoos and said "your shelley from the org, guess who i am" and i said "julia" first guess!

But seriously you are all great people :D

cherokee
13-May-11, 18:58
I only know a couple of the "Orgers" on here. And I definetely consider them to be my friends.........you know who you are ! ;)

Doreen
13-May-11, 19:07
Ihave one really kind friend on here as well

golach
13-May-11, 19:18
Have met many orgers from all over the world in my local in Auld Reekie, from California, Canada, Caithness as well. And have met many more at social functions in Castletown & Thursa and even Kirkwall. And I am related to a few also. Get on with most who know me, the rellies are a different matter [lol]

Tubthumper
13-May-11, 20:23
It is nice to meet your fellow orgers.

Ducati quite turned my head (bag and all), just what a girl could do with*!

*A rub down with a chamois leather and a good buffing with the T-Cut...

golach
13-May-11, 20:31
It is nice to meet your fellow orgers.

Ducati quite turned my head (bag and all), just what a girl could do with*!

*A rub down with a chamois leather and a good buffing with the T-Cut...

Was that the same fetching outfit you were wearing in 'e Comm, when Wifie, Changi, Seadog, Lizz, Tugmistress and the Neep, and I met you?

Tugmistress
13-May-11, 20:46
haha i don't want to try and even count how many orgers i have met, and i can honestly say none were ogres :)
Golach, you will always be my special uddy closely follwed by quite a few others :) and shelley - you are as burping mad as i am lol

oldmarine
14-May-11, 18:33
I've met several orgers recently and what a great bunch you are :cool:

I met tubthumper today and I have to say what a smashing burd. She is everything I imagined, even without the bag [lol]

I've never met any Orgers in person, but I've read their comments on line and I find them interesting. If I had the chance it would be great to meet them in person.

SunnyChick
14-May-11, 20:51
I haven't met many orgers, would love to meet more, as they are a fine bunch. I only dip in here now and again, but the banter is good and I don't think anyone really takes themselves too seriously!

dragonfly
14-May-11, 21:05
I've never met any Orgers in person, but I've read their comments on line and I find them interesting. If I had the chance it would be great to meet them in person.

get to the Grand Canyon a week Monday and you can meet me Oldmarine!

Bazeye
14-May-11, 21:09
I'm Billy no mates.

billmoseley
18-May-11, 10:37
i often wonder when trundling around Caithness on my bus how many of my passengers are orgers some must be i suppose

Kells
18-May-11, 12:19
i often wonder when trundling around Caithness on my bus how many of my passengers are orgers some must be i suppose

The buses in Caithness do not trundle .... they fly. lol and the drivers are the cheeriest and nicest people you could wish to meet, but now I am going to wonder which driver is you.

billmoseley
18-May-11, 13:04
i'm easy to spot just look out for the bald one lolololol

jlumsden
18-May-11, 14:53
how on earth would you know an orger if you saw one? :) I am new to thurso and would love to meet ANYBODY ha!!

ducati
18-May-11, 15:05
how on earth would you know an orger if you saw one? :) I am new to thurso and would love to meet ANYBODY ha!!

Tinfoil hat is usually a bit of a giveaway :lol: I'm the one with the buckets ;)

golach
18-May-11, 15:54
Look out for Tubthumper and her predominant hand bag

Tugmistress
18-May-11, 15:59
And i'm usually the one with the wildest hair and rigger boots wandering around lol

Kells
18-May-11, 16:34
i'm easy to spot just look out for the bald one lolololol

If I get thrown of the bus for asking the bald driver if he is billmosley I am coming back to you.lol

billmoseley
18-May-11, 17:21
well if i have a smile bald head English accent and am on an 81,82 or x99 then it might just be me

Kells
18-May-11, 19:01
Do you come from London and wear a baseball cap in the sunny weather.

joxville
18-May-11, 21:18
I've met Wifie several times because I take pity on the 'care in the community' types.

<suit of armour now worn> [lol]

Also met Rheghead and Trinkie on the same day; Rheg is thoroughly decent bloke, shame there isn't more like him, and Trinkie is like your favourite Granny. I travelled a long way to meet them and it was worth it. :)

stumpy
19-May-11, 07:56
Golach,you're lucky.I recently moved to Gorgie and wouldn't go into some of the local pubs with an armed guard.I don't know about orgers,but hardly a week goes by without meeting someone from Caithness down here.

squidge
19-May-11, 10:32
I have met lots of orgers and I'm always open to meeting more lol. Any time you guys are in sneckie and fancy a coffee..... Golach has already said on another thread that I'll buy a round. That might even apply to coffee too :)
Might be up in Caithness in June so tugs I'll keep a look out for that BAG

Thumper
19-May-11, 12:23
Some of my best friends are orgers,Trix,Liz,Karia,Dehavilland but to name a few,and I havent met any I havent liked so far! x

binnes
19-May-11, 12:49
Thanks to this site, I have met some really nice people :)

Just been having a look at http://www.tugmistress.co.uk/ Great site.

billmoseley
21-May-11, 14:56
Do you come from London and wear a baseball cap in the sunny weather.

no just a woolly hat in winter and not from London heaven forbid lololol

Kells
21-May-11, 15:14
no just a woolly hat in winter and not from London heaven forbid lololol

So either a bald head or a wooly hat Ok so I know what to look out for but I will be very careful who Iask..lol

Fran
09-Nov-11, 02:21
Pray tell me where 'they' meet? In Wetherspoons, Wick on the last thursday of each month at 8pm

Fran
09-Nov-11, 02:27
i have met a few at the orgers nights. One of my favourites is Pat who runs a really good b and b on stornoway, 2 others are shopkeepers, then theres rheghead, and others, all lovely.

weezer 316
09-Nov-11, 09:09
I have only met 2 of the orgers that i can think of. I know who two or three others are, but thats it. Billy no mates haha!

John Little
09-Nov-11, 09:34
Mrs L and myself met a shedload of Orgers a few weeks back - and they were all fantastic; we hope to see them again and some others too.

oldmarine
09-Nov-11, 19:00
dragonfly: Sorry that I missed you at the Grand Canyon. Hope you enjoyed your visit there. I've been there several times and enjoyed all my visits there.

Phill
09-Nov-11, 21:50
I've met a few of 'em now, bleedin' nutters the lot o' 'em! :eek:

toffee_pie
09-Nov-11, 22:05
i dont know anyone up here, lonely existence....

oldmarine
09-Nov-11, 22:14
toffee_pie: I read that you are an Electronics Design Engineer. That was my occupation prior to retirement. You should be able to find Orgers living near bye to alleviate your lonely existence.
Look around and give it a go.

Angel
10-Nov-11, 00:14
Met quite a few Orgers... not a bad one among them... O.K. some rant and rave about stuff but they don't take themselves to seriously... they are a great bunch all of them...

Angel...

secrets in symmetry
10-Nov-11, 00:25
Met quite a few Orgers... not a bad one among them... O.K. some rant and rave about stuff but they don't take themselves to seriously... they are a great bunch all of them...

Angel...You obviously haven't met me. I am the really, really, really bad one. :cool:

bekisman
10-Nov-11, 00:31
dragonfly: Sorry that I missed you at the Grand Canyon. Hope you enjoyed your visit there. I've been there several times and enjoyed all my visits there.
Hi oldmarine - bit off track here but seem to remember you were here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-15659084

Times they are a changing!

Fran
10-Nov-11, 02:45
So which orger would you all most like to meet?

oldmarine
10-Nov-11, 04:13
Hi oldmarine - bit off track here but seem to remember you were here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-15659084

Times they are a changing!
bekisman: Close but just a little off target! lol!!! However, I was there at the old Thurso Naval Station twice and once with my wife and two daughters when we toured Scotland & England for three weeks.

porshiepoo
10-Nov-11, 15:57
I've met a few orgers but not for a while now. DrZsin and .........................crikey I can't remember her org name as I've not seen her on here for a while (a canadian lady) both came to visit my daughter in Sick Kids hospital in Edinburgh when she had her op. How ruddy nice of them was that! I was so grateful for the time they put in to come visit and cheer us all up.

I met a few more during one org meet many years ago when Paris (another orger) came to stay with us for a bit but haven't seen any since.
I kinda used to feel a bit awkward saying what orger I was because back then I used to get into an awful lot of slanging matches on here and really was an opinionated little moo cow......hmmmmm not much changed there then!

Maybe one day I'll get to another of these meets, till then I'll just have to continue guessing when I see people.
Actually I've had conversations with complete strangers before in Wick but when I've asked if they use the Org they're like "huh?". Funnily I assumed everyone knows the entity that is 'The Org' but seemingly that is not the case.
Maybe we need badges. lmao.

oldmarine
10-Nov-11, 22:00
bekisman: Close but just a little off target! lol!!! However, I was there at the old Thurso Naval Station twice and once with my wife and two daughters when we toured Scotland & England for three weeks.
I left a message on "Community & Where Did They Go? Thread down to "Marion Stults & Family 14 April 2001" and read about us there.

Moira
10-Nov-11, 22:28
I've met a few of 'em now, bleedin' nutters the lot o' 'em! :eek:

Agreed. Most of 'em are Engurlish though, so that would explain it. ;)

Moira
10-Nov-11, 22:45
I've met a few orgers but not for a while now. DrZsin and .........................crikey I can't remember her org name as I've not seen her on here for a while (a canadian lady) both came to visit my daughter in Sick Kids hospital in Edinburgh when she had her op. How ruddy nice of them was that! I was so grateful for the time they put in to come visit and cheer us all up.

I met a few more during one org meet many years ago when Paris (another orger) came to stay with us for a bit but haven't seen any since.
I kinda used to feel a bit awkward saying what orger I was because back then I used to get into an awful lot of slanging matches on here and really was an opinionated little moo cow......hmmmmm not much changed there then!.......

It was DrSzin and Canuck is the "canadian lady".

I was at the "meet" with you and Paris and thoroughly enjoyed it. Keep on saying it as it is Porshiepoo! How's "Paris" doing? Give her my best regards. :)

Angel
10-Nov-11, 23:56
You obviously haven't met me. I am the really, really, really bad one. :cool:

I think you are one of the nicest SIS...

Angel...

secrets in symmetry
11-Nov-11, 00:03
I think you are one of the nicest SIS...

Angel...You have me all wrong Angel. I am the Lived backwards incarnate, I am Santa's evil anagram himself. I OWN the living Soul of Portgower!

Angel
11-Nov-11, 00:05
You have me all wrong Angel. I am the Lived backwards incarnate, I am Santa's evil anagram himself. I OWN the living Soul of Portgower!

You're a sweetie and everybody knows it...

Angel...

secrets in symmetry
11-Nov-11, 00:14
I am wise enough in the ways of the World to know that Angels will try to coerce me away from the True Master...and towards the Light.... I am of the d'Evil, I tell you!

Oh, and the one I'd most like to meet is Cassie the Dog - preferably attached to a lead.

Oh dear, I fear your Power of Goodness is affecting me, Sweet Angel. Help me Santa!

canuck
11-Nov-11, 23:06

Hi porshiepoo! That Canadian lady with the handsome DrSzin at Sick Kids was me. Gosh it seems a long time ago. Four years have flown by.

Meeting orgers has truly been a highlight of my life. My 'non virtual' friends still are amazed that I have made so many wonderful contacts on the internet. I have and I love you all.

Sorry porshiepoo that I haven't been around much. Life in Edinburgh is keeping me extremely busy. But tonight is a bit slower. I'm still in recovery mode from the flight home from Spain where I spent a week taking in the sunshine and warm weather. Even the thought of a southern European holiday would never have crossed my mind until orgers started talking about their experiences. Thank you all for opening up a new window for me.

Everyone please keep posting your delightful comments about life and expecially Caithness life.

Saveman
12-Nov-11, 00:37
Hi porshiepoo! That Canadian lady with the handsome DrSzin at Sick Kids was me. Gosh it seems a long time ago. Four years have flown by.

Meeting orgers has truly been a highlight of my life. My 'non virtual' friends still are amazed that I have made so many wonderful contacts on the internet. I have and I love you all.

Sorry porshiepoo that I haven't been around much. Life in Edinburgh is keeping me extremely busy. But tonight is a bit slower. I'm still in recovery mode from the flight home from Spain where I spent a week taking in the sunshine and warm weather. Even the thought of a southern European holiday would never have crossed my mind until orgers started talking about their experiences. Thank you all for opening up a new window for me.

Everyone please keep posting your delightful comments about life and expecially Caithness life.

Well now.....there's a welcome face! WB Canuck!

Angel
13-Nov-11, 01:02
I am wise enough in the ways of the World to know that Angels will try to coerce me away from the True Master...and towards the Light.... I am of the d'Evil, I tell you!

Oh, and the one I'd most like to meet is Cassie the Dog - preferably attached to a lead.

Oh dear, I fear your Power of Goodness is affecting me, Sweet Angel. Help me Santa!

I work in mysterious ways...

Angel...

secrets in symmetry
13-Nov-11, 15:06
I work in mysterious ways...Like God does? :cool:

canuck
13-Nov-11, 18:06
Well now.....there's a welcome face! WB Canuck!

Saveman, the one person on my list of orgers I have not met in person. Someday... someday... Without hope and mystery where would life be?

oldmarine
13-Nov-11, 19:48

I remember Dr Szin from a long time ago. Wondering what happened to him. He has not posted for a long, long time.

porshiepoo
13-Nov-11, 23:33

Hi Canuck, it's great to see you back on here.
Majorly jealous of your week in the sun lol but I hope you enjoyed it.
Yep the years have flown by. Leanne recovered very well and exceptionally quickly and other than a shoulder problem she's fit and active working with horses and not letting it hold her back. As her surgeon says though she has a back stronger than the average person now. lol.
The visits from yourself and DrSzin were very much appreciated and not just by myself but Leanne felt very special that "mums orger mates" would take time out to come and wish her well. It helped keep her spirits up, so Thank you once again.

Angel
14-Nov-11, 00:25
Like God does? :cool:

Indeed...:Razz

secrets in symmetry
14-Nov-11, 00:26
Indeed...:RazzI was going to ask if you were suffering from delusions of grandeur...but if you really are an angel, then...maybe not. :cool:

sassylass
14-Nov-11, 19:04
I've had the pleasure of meeting quite a few orgers, a wonderful bunch, but sadly many do not post anymore.

gleeber
14-Nov-11, 22:08
I went to what must have been one of the first org get togethers in Carters about 10 years ago. As far as I know I was the only orger who turned up and I met Bill and Niall Fernie and Colin Manson, for the first time but that was before they became famous. :lol:
Ive been to a few org nights and they were always normal social occasions amongst normal social people, with a few exceptions.
Ive met sassylass and her sister htwood and took them to see the puffins. Ive taken a few orgers to see the puffins.
The meeting bit is normal, its this way of communicating that's much more interesting.

Alice in Blunderland
14-Nov-11, 23:07
I have also been to a few get together's and met a lovely bunch of orgers. My favourite night out was the one where someone thought Weeboyagee and I were married because we nipped at each other so much during the evening..... like an old married couple seemingly.[lol]

gleeber
14-Nov-11, 23:19
I thought weeboyagee was your faither. [lol]

golach
14-Nov-11, 23:20
First Org meeting I attended was a great night in the Castletown hotel, met a great bunch, fond memories of that night, and of the Orger who ate all the puddings lol.
Second meeting was in in the Comm in Thursa, another grand bunch, sadly some have vanished from the scene. I meet on a regular basis with two Edinburgh Orgers, usually for lunch and a blether.
And I meet passing visitors when they are down for the Tattoo, and the odd Lands End to JoG cyclists lol

sassylass
22-Nov-11, 05:25
I haven't forgotten your puffin tour, gleeber. You were very kind to take us and it was fun to hang out with you. Neither have I forgotten golach's kindnesses down in Edi. Nor the fun times with other orgers... ahhh happy memories.

golach
22-Nov-11, 14:41
I haven't forgotten your puffin tour, gleeber. You were very kind to take us and it was fun to hang out with you. Neither have I forgotten golach's kindnesses down in Edi. Nor the fun times with other orgers... ahhh happy memories.

Sassylass that was remiss of me not mentioning you and your sister's visit to Edi, but I had the pleasure of meeting your daughter and niece also, two of the bonniest lassies, then to meet their equally bonny mothers, it me who will never forget those visits.