PDA

View Full Version : Outlook express

footie chick
13-Sep-06, 10:50
HELP can sent emails via outlook express but cant receive any :( any one got any ideas what I can do to sort this?
thanks

blueivy
13-Sep-06, 12:00
Hi Footie Chick,

What errors are you getting in the Send / Receive window?

footie chick
13-Sep-06, 12:18
No errors appears to be working as normal just cant get any emails in but they are being sent out?

blueivy
13-Sep-06, 12:19
Who provides your email? How do you know there is mail there to collect?

footie chick
13-Sep-06, 12:21
Have sent messages via hotmail to my account. was with e7even went bust now with ezeedsl and email address has stayed the same

blueivy
13-Sep-06, 12:25
Okay. First thing I'd try is to make sure there is mail in your POP3 mailbox. I know you sent mail to it from Hotmail but anything could have happened on it's way there. I'd imagine there will be mail in there, but we need to check.

Go to mail2web.com (https://www.mail2web.com/cgi-bin/login.asp?lid=0&il=0) and put your details in to see your mailbox (username, password and POP3 server). If there is mail in there then we can move to the next step of checking Outlook Express.

Let me know how it goes.

footie chick
13-Sep-06, 12:45
comes up as login failure check email address. Last got mail on the 11th Sept. I know there is mail there been on phone for 10mins to ISP no reply:confused . but I'm 1st in line! ha

blueivy
13-Sep-06, 13:26
comes up as login failure check email address. Last got mail on the 11th Sept. I know there is mail there been on phone for 10mins to ISP no reply:confused . but I'm 1st in line! ha

Are they one of those cheap providers with equally cheap service?

The User ID you need to put in will be your POP3 login rather than your email address (although they may be exactly the same thing).

If you also give me your email address I'll send a quick email and see if I get a delivery receipt.

If you want to PM me then it might be easier as I can go over your details in private.

rfr10
23-Sep-06, 21:44
Is it fixed yet?

footie chick
23-Sep-06, 22:14
Yeah thanks

WARNING
Do not take someones advice who you meet in the pub with a great deal for broadband making you pay a year in advance ;) will be taking blue ivys advice in future;)