PDA

View Full Version : smokers

Doreen
12-May-11, 20:43
I am a smoker and dont smoke around people but was shocked to see some one putting there two small children in there car with a fag in there mouth whilst setting off i think it is disgusting[evil]

eriba47
12-May-11, 22:08
I agree and it's also selfish

Doreen
12-May-11, 22:46
I agree and it's also selfishThank you i cant believe that parents can make there children so small to brethe in poison

Rheghead
12-May-11, 23:08
memes, you breed what you sow :)

nicnak
13-May-11, 07:09
you know what, annoys people who stand right outside supermarket, shops, cafes, pubs etc smoking so when you walk out the door the first thing that hits you is a cloud of smoke, I hate , hate, hate it! It is rude ignorant and selfish, I even went on a cruise last year an the minute a door was opened onto the deck anywhere on the ship it filled the area with the stink of cigarettes and tobacco, it complete ruined the holiday, so smelly smokers please go to a different area and let us enjoy the fresh air we go outside for!
rant over

Doreen
13-May-11, 11:17
you know what, annoys people who stand right outside supermarket, shops, cafes, pubs etc smoking so when you walk out the door the first thing that hits you is a cloud of smoke, I hate , hate, hate it! It is rude ignorant and selfish, I even went on a cruise last year an the minute a door was opened onto the deck anywhere on the ship it filled the area with the stink of cigarettes and tobacco, it complete ruined the holiday, so smelly smokers please go to a different area and let us enjoy the fresh air we go outside for!
rant overDont mean to sound cheeky but all the none smokers has smoke free places every where cafes, pubs all enclosed spaces which i think is good so how can you complain about people who smoke outside think thats a bit rash so if you enjoy the fresh air so much why dont the none smokers stand outside smokers have there own choice if they smoke or not as long as they are not doing it around other people or children we all have the right to choose what we do with our own lives.

_Ju_
13-May-11, 12:11
Dont mean to sound cheeky but all the none smokers has smoke free places every where cafes, pubs all enclosed spaces which i think is good so how can you complain about people who smoke outside think thats a bit rash so if you enjoy the fresh air so much why dont the none smokers stand outside smokers have there own choice if they smoke or not as long as they are not doing it around other people or children we all have the right to choose what we do with our own lives.
I think that what was being complained about was smoking right outside the door. For example, you can go in or out of weatherspoons through one door only. When the weather is dry, as soon as you are over the lintel, you are walking through a cloud of smoke. If you are unlucky and it is raining, the smokers will be huddled between the inner and outer door. Either way you end up taking the smell of smike home on your clothes. Not a biggie, I know, but it also isn't a biggie to shift away from the doors and entrances, is it?

nicnak
13-May-11, 13:31
Thank you Ju that is exactly what I meant, I think it is really rude and ignorant and selfish, to do this, smoke outside by all means- go in your own back garden, I mean would you blow smoke deliberately into a strangers face? cos that is what these people are doing whether they like it or not, us poor beggars dont want to go home sticking of your smelly fags thank you nor do we want our lungs full of your poison gas, so do us a favour move away from e doorways!

Doreen
13-May-11, 13:49
Thank you Ju that is exactly what I meant, I think it is really rude and ignorant and selfish, to do this, smoke outside by all means- go in your own back garden, I mean would you blow smoke deliberately into a strangers face? cos that is what these people are doing whether they like it or not, us poor beggars dont want to go home sticking of your smelly fags thank you nor do we want our lungs full of your poison gas, so do us a favour move away from e doorways!

So people come up to you and deliberatly blow smoke in your face well i would not be happy either but as ive said i have every right to smoke outside as i wish and i do not go and blow smoke in anybodies face are you an x smoker by any chance .But i would report who ever it is thats blowing smoke in your face that might be under assult.

pmcd
13-May-11, 14:14
When people foolishly want to commit suicide they don't do it by smoking twenty fags one after the other in a smoke filled room occupied by other smokers smoking lots of fags at each other with the windows bolted tightly shut and oh dear their clothes and hair smell rotten of fags because they are moral cripples and weak so they have to smoke and they hate it really and they only do it to kill babies and they are all ugly and stupid too:

They connect a hosepipe to the exhaust of their car, feed it in to the back seat, roll up the window as tight as possible and let the highly poisonous, extremely toxic, and massively fatal carbon monoxide make them turn red and cause them to die.

Yet everybody goes apeshit about smokers, even passive smokers, whilst oh so conveniently ignoring the effect of millions more exhaust fume producers killing us all, and turning the planet into a poisonous mess.

I hate smokeists (extreme smoker-haters) who drive vehicles. They are hypocrites. And lame followers of the fashion which allows part of the human race to produce poison in huge quantities, whilst legislating against a much smaller group whose poison production levels are infinitely less dangerous.

Please let's get some perspective!

Doreen
13-May-11, 14:20
Well said pmsd

nicnak
13-May-11, 14:55
I am not anti smoking, I am just against inconsiderate ones who stand right outside the doors of public places. I dont like being bombarded by a wall of smoke as I walk from doing my shopping in a store or from a pub or restaurant, nor do I enjoy the fact that if someone walks in the stink of the fags is wafted in to the restaurant if the wind is in the right direction.Being Picky maybe, but how about i wait till the same folk are having their dinner or a cup of tea and come and spray the direct area with dog faeces? That is all I am saying , everyone is entitled to smoke if they want to but how about a bit of consideration for those who are in an establishment by moving away from the doors, go for a walk or something if you want a fag, just dont stand in or by the flipping doorways!

oldmarine
13-May-11, 14:58
I am a smoker and dont smoke around people but was shocked to see some one putting there two small children in there car with a fag in there mouth whilst setting off i think it is disgusting[evil]

Unfortunately those type of people are so hooked on their habit that they don't think of anyone else.

roadbowler
13-May-11, 15:03
good point pmsd! Same could be said about folk reeking of perfumes and chemicals. Makes me nauseous and have left places sharpish when it's overwhelming. People moan about fags then dump chemicals all over their bodies, I don't get it. People also pollute water with prescription drugs, chemicals and sewage, the soil with round-up and the chemicals they dump doon their sinks which affects everyone around them and they think that's hunky dory too. hmmm... perspective.

Doreen
13-May-11, 15:07
[QUOTE=nicnak;849554]I am not anti smoking, I am just against inconsiderate ones who stand right outside the doors of public places. I dont like being bombarded by a wall of smoke as I walk from doing my shopping in a store or from a pub or restaurant, nor do I enjoy the fact that if someone walks in the stink of the fags is wafted in to the restaurant if the wind is in the right direction.Being Picky maybe, but how about i wait till the same folk are having their dinner or a cup of tea and come and spray the direct area with dog faeces? That is all I am saying , everyone is entitled to smoke if they want to but how about a bit of consideration for those who are in an establishment by moving away from the doors, go for a walk or something if you want a fag, just dont stand in or by the flipping doorways![/QUOTEMake some nose plugs then:D

rob1
13-May-11, 16:06
I hate smokeists (extreme smoker-haters) who drive vehicles. They are hypocrites.

No, that is not hypocrisy. Hypocrisy would be if a smokeist was a smoker, or a someone that advocated a green lifestyle but liked to watch and participate in motorsports. It is virtually essential for people to drive, especially up here, whether it is for business, commuting, or social/family reasons. Smoking is a personal choice and is not necessary to carry out daily tasks.

pmcd
13-May-11, 16:14
Roadbowler - Good point! I remember listening to Dr. Vernon Coleman, the media doctor and broadcaster, explaining why the British people were so (comparatively) passive during Mrs. Thatcher's harsh reign over the Luddites and Frothy Commies in Britain. Under normal circumstances they would have been permanently rioting.

But, says Coleman, this era was also the era of huge Valium and Librium prescriptions - yes, the "Mother's Little Helper" tranquilisers designed to keep you calm - and a bit spaced out.

Coleman went on to mention that only a small proportion of the active ingredients were actually digested.

The rest was excreted, and eventually found itself into water supply.......

Where it was cheerfully drunk by ALL the population.

So, Mrs. Thatcher kept her revolution going while the entire UK population was whizzed off its collective skull!

(Note well, that Mrs. Thatcher favoured whisky as her tipple, and her cabinet were all great wine drinkers......)

Spooky, huh?

_Ju_
13-May-11, 16:16
So people come up to you and deliberatly blow smoke in your face well i would not be happy either but as ive said i have every right to smoke outside as i wish and i do not go and blow smoke in anybodies face are you an x smoker by any chance .

In Europe, since 1552 non smokers have had to make allowances for smokers. That is close to 500 years of accomodating other peoples habits. For around 6 decades of those 500 years we have known that smoking causes serious direct ill effects that culminate in death. For four years now, smokers have been legally obliged not to inconvinience non smokers with their habit. They (and you) seem to begrude this. No one is telling you that you are not allowed to smoke. By all means do so. But is it such a big thing not to stand right next to the door so that everyone has to walk through the smoke being produced?

Metalattakk
13-May-11, 16:22
Spooky, huh?

Nope. Errant nonsense is what it is.

pmcd
13-May-11, 16:30
Ah, rob1, you're right , of course. I was railing against smokeists, who bang on about smokers, whilst at the same time chuffing out carbon monoxide in startling quantities.

Perhaps the word "hypocrite" is a bit weak. Should we use the more generic, but incontrovertible description "oxygen thieves"?

Incidentally, I live - as I have done in the last 6 decades - without benefit of a motor car. As has the Memsahib. We have travelled the world, and have now snuggled in a wee village in Caithness. We walk, use buses, taxis if necessary. I still work a bit in London and Maidstone, and I use the train.

cherokee
13-May-11, 16:32
I think this thread, started by Doreen, has gone away off track !

She started by saying that it was disgusting for small children, within the confines of a small space, being subjected to an adults smoking habit. Can I just say that I completely agree with her original statement.

The in's and out's of where/when/how/why smokers should/shouldn't smoke is another topic entirely IMHO ! :mad:

pmcd
13-May-11, 16:33
Metalattakk - no, not even arrant nonsense. I thought it was funny at the time. I still do. Tin-foil helmet back in the drawer!

pmcd
13-May-11, 16:35
Cherokee, you do well to chide us. Bunch of macho, chest-beating loonies, banging on outwith the subject pure and simple. May I join you in agreeing that smoking near kiddies is vile, disgusting and harmful?

Kells
13-May-11, 16:38
In Europe, since 1552 non smokers have had to make allowances for smokers. That is close to 500 years of accomodating other peoples habits. For around 6 decades of those 500 years we have known that smoking causes serious direct ill effects that culminate in death. For four years now, smokers have been legally obliged not to inconvinience non smokers with their habit. They (and you) seem to begrude this. No one is telling you that you are not allowed to smoke. By all means do so. But is it such a big thing not to stand right next to the door so that everyone has to walk through the smoke being produced?

The original post was about someone smoking with young children in a car and how even as a smoker Doreen found that unacceptable. I could not agree with her more, but I also find it unacceptable to fix a label on a group and call them all bad mannered. Even as short a time as twenty years ago smoking was acceptable and little mention of health risks so we are talking about a much shorter time frame in changing what was a wide spread habit and frankly some people will always find something to whine about.

tori
13-May-11, 16:43
I Find This Pretty Funny People On About extremely toxic Waste And poison gas But Right On Our Door Step We Have Dounreay The Biggest nuclear Waste Dump In Scotland and there has been traces of radioactive waste found on beaches In Caithness That is More Worrying to me Than People Smoking And Driving Cars

Doreen
13-May-11, 16:48
In Europe, since 1552 non smokers have had to make allowances for smokers. That is close to 500 years of accomodating other peoples habits. For around 6 decades of those 500 years we have known that smoking causes serious direct ill effects that culminate in death. For four years now, smokers have been legally obliged not to inconvinience non smokers with their habit. They (and you) seem to begrude this. No one is telling you that you are not allowed to smoke. By all means do so. But is it such a big thing not to stand right next to the door so that everyone has to walk through the smoke being produced?As ive said already i do not smoke around people that dont and i dont smoke in doorways so now your telling me i should not smoke outside i think theres a bit of discrimionation going on here against smokers as long as my smoke is not going in your lungs and your money is not paying for it what is your problem and yes i do know the effects smoking has but thats my problem dont know why your ranting on .

Doreen
13-May-11, 17:03
Ithink its about time i closed this thread and go and have a fag in my own back garden if thas ok