PDA

View Full Version : Dog Fouling in play parks

Brodar
12-May-11, 15:25
Just been to the play park at murkle View Thurso with my son which has a fence all the way round and a gate and someone has allowed their dog to go in there and foul on the grass and yes my son stood in it. What a disgrace and the owner of the dog should be ashamed.

kmackay
12-May-11, 15:34
I totally hate that! I have a dog and there is no way that she gets into play parks. When she has been allowed in it was after she had done all her business!

unicorn
12-May-11, 19:36
If it's Murkle terrace there is a woman in there almost daily who exercises her dogs in there and couldn't care less when there are kids in the park, almost knocked my neice over a couple of years ago as flung her ball straight up past the bairn when we were playing with bubbles in the park, and the 3 dogs came charging up just missing her......utter rudeness.

Brodar
12-May-11, 20:02
No its the new park at Murkle View/orkney View.

unicorn
12-May-11, 20:42
Ah I don't know the names of all the new streets lol. Lost in my own area....worrying really.

haddyanne
13-May-11, 19:45
I am a dog owner and am really disgusted by anyone letting their dog foul and not remove it. I think dog owners of this ilk should be brought to book and punished. It is not the dog to blame but the irresponsible owner.

Xposin
14-May-11, 17:25
if your not willing to pick up their doodoo then u shouldnt have a dog

Crackeday
14-May-11, 18:12
Seen loads of people not pick it up.
They have sneaky ways of avoiding it.

1.Walk in front of the dog when you know its going to drop, dont look back until you know he/shes finished that way no-one can blame them as "they didnt see it!!!"
2. Rake about in their pockets a few times as if to say" damn I left the bags at home" when someone clocks them.

Seen so many people do this I just give them the evils.
A couple of times I got my phone out to pretend to take a picture of them!!!
You normally find the people that do it regular arent "local" to the area where they leave the mess, after all " not in my backyard".
You normally find as well that mongrel/ cross breed owners etc nearly always pick it up but Mr & Mrs cute little pedigree doggie dont pick up little fluffy wuffy's doo-doos!!!!!!
Maybe im being stereotypical but most that I have seen fall in to this category

oldmarine
14-May-11, 18:19
Just been to the play park at murkle View Thurso with my son which has a fence all the way round and a gate and someone has allowed their dog to go in there and foul on the grass and yes my son stood in it. What a disgrace and the owner of the dog should be ashamed.

That has become a serious problem in too many parks. Responsible people carry poop bags with them to clean up after their pets drop a load.

Rheghead
14-May-11, 18:37
I'm surprised to see that the new play area in Thurso park has not been protected from dog fouling.

Andrew
18-May-11, 21:51
If there are any compaints with the play park etc at Murkle / Orkney view, it is maintained by Greenbelt Group and their free phone number is 0800 028 1749. Might be worth a phonecall to see if they are interested

weezer 316
18-May-11, 22:05
This is a pet hate lol! I was playing football up in ormilie a few weeks ago, competitively for a local side, I was tackled, slid a bit and found myself face to face with a dog turd. Disgusting

Dadie
18-May-11, 22:16
Ermm....Im one of them that will actually hand the offending owner a bag and point to the pile of poo, its amazing how many will pretend to pick up the poo..bend, scoop...and surprise, surprise empty bag...and offending poo still there on the ground!
I hate going through a dog turd with the buggy wheels or having a small person going through it, and ending up with it in the boot of the car (buggy) and traipsed through the frontdoor onto the carpets (kids).
If they go to that much effort to pretend too pick it up..how much more effort would it take to actually pick it up?
Another thing that bugs me is those that go to the bother of picking it up and bagging it but then leave the bag insitu.

Rheghead
18-May-11, 23:10
Thurso park is disgustingly scattered with dog mess.

lindsaymcc
19-May-11, 09:16
I dont understand it at all. I only found out recently that the council give out free poop bags if you go in and ask for them, but seriously, 9p for 100 tesco value nappy sacks - I always have a bundle in my coat pocket, and most of the walks have dog bins, if not, keep hold of it until you get home.

George Brims
19-May-11, 18:48
Most parks over here in California have a stand by each entrance with free poo bags and a bin to deposit them. When visiting a relative in Oz, I was intrigued to find their local cricket ground (which you could walk through when there was no game on) had carrier bags tied by the handle to the fence at various spots, holding yet more carrier bags. The dog owners (the responsible ones) did this to make sure no-one had the excuse of no bag.

Another thought - how high is the fence around the play park? My hound can get over a five foot fence.