PDA

View Full Version : Radio 1: Chris Moyles breakfast show

William
22-Oct-04, 22:45
I wake up to this every morning :Razz and i really like it now some of the things Chris does and says are so funny just what i need to start the day the right way lol

Do any of you listen to it?

if you do what do you think about Chris or the show?

©Amethyst
24-Oct-04, 11:02
Hope you don't mind me asking, William. But how old are you?

My guess is 16 or under.

Naefearjustbeer
24-Oct-04, 11:31
I am guessing you are over 50!
I hope you dont mind me mentioning it. I think you will find that Radio 1 morning radio is quite popular with people a lot older than 16. It is the radio staion of popular choice at my work, by everyone except for the err how do I put it oldest pension dodgers and the odd grumpy person.

Gizmo
24-Oct-04, 14:22
He used to be good, but he gets on my nerves a bit now, he's still a 1000 times better than 'Sara Cox' who was quite posssibly the worst DJ ever to grace the airwaves, but i switched to Radio 2 after 'Mark & Lard' left earlier this year, some of the stuff they play on Radio 2 is a bit 'old dufferish' but generally the music is much better than the dance/hip-hop/ RnB toss played on Radio 1

William
24-Oct-04, 17:44
Hope you don't mind me asking, William. But how old are you?

My guess is 16 or under.

19 why? what does it matter how old i am i still like listining to radio 1 weel especially in the morning

Naefearjustbeer
24-Oct-04, 17:46
Well Mark and Lard were quite possibly the worst DJs I have ever heard. The radio used to get switched over to furry mouth when they came on. Radio 2 is ok sometimes with the choice of music but the DJs send you to sleep with the droll converstion.
I have to say that I like edith Bowman and Colin Murray I think the craic with them is excellent

©Amethyst
24-Oct-04, 21:02
Yup, I'm 59 - and can't stand anything as harsh as Radio 1 first thing in the morning - Classic FM does it for me every time. [lol] lmao

gravedigga
25-Oct-04, 03:38
Personally i quite like listening to Moylesey, wakes me up better than listening to them drone on over @ radio 2. I travel from Wick to Thurso every morning on the bus and if i didn't listen to radio1 i'd probably still be half asleep by the time i arrived in Thurso, usually get a bit of a giggle listening to Chris.

I also agree that Colin and Edith are good although sometimes her voice can be a bit annoying.

Naefearjustbeer
25-Oct-04, 09:13
I also agree that Colin and Edith are good although sometimes her voice can be a bit annoying.

probally can say that about most females ;) They do tend to go on abit sometimes :D

ducks and runs for cover before the flack starts :evil

angemonster
25-Oct-04, 09:38
I completely agree that Chris Moyles is brialliant. When on ma way to work kinda forget where I'm going while laughing along wit Chris.......

gravedigga
25-Oct-04, 09:47
Guess it depends on your sense of humour whether you like him or not :D

spittalpunks
25-Oct-04, 10:55
Best time to listen to that oaf is when Leeds got relegated

Not much chat and al ot more music still must be the same as they struggle in The Championship!!

Frankly he is nae that good but better than Chris Evans wheres he now ha ha

John Peel is still the best or Andy Kershaw playing some quality tunes from Senegal

©Amethyst
25-Oct-04, 13:15

I'm sure it's not that difficult to be better than Chris Evans. :roll:

tides of pentland firth
25-Oct-04, 16:09
I used to listen to Chris in the mornings untill it became just crap. Then started to listen to Radio Scotland. But it's just doom and gloom the whole time about the state of our country. Now I listen to Five Live.

Donnie
25-Oct-04, 16:43

I didn't think Chris Evans was that bad, he still managed to bring in the numbers. He has pretty much retired from the public eye. He still does production on some current shows but he sold his Ginger Media Group in 2000 for £225m. So to answer your question - I don't know where he is now but he certainly wont be doing the 9-5 like most of us.

spittalpunks
26-Oct-04, 11:04
Well as long as he isn't inflicting himself and his boring mates Gazza or G8???? as he now likes to be kent as and that Cockney muppet Daniel Baker then thats no bad thing

Mind when he came up to Inverness and had that spat with MFRs Tich Mccooey that was funny

He was a marked man by all accounts

Henrik7
26-Oct-04, 11:14
Chris Moyles is okay but he doesn't beat Steve Wright in the afternoon on Radio 2. He has a more feel good factor than moyles groaning on in the morning. I'm only 20 and listen to him everyday at work, it's the onbly thing that gets me through the day

tides of pentland firth
27-Oct-04, 19:20
When you are sitting on the forum, try listening to Virgin Radio Classic Rock. It's excellent. No talking crap, just magic music!

The last 5 songs:
THE POLICE
Walking On The Moon
MEATLOAF
You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth
VAN MORRISON
Gloria
THE EAGLES
Heartache tonight
SIMPLE MINDS
Promised You A Miracle

http://www.virginradio.co.uk/classicrock/listen.html