PDA

View Full Version : identity crisis

vectus
11-May-11, 23:09
Can anyone tell me if the man who stands at the traffic lights in Wick with a "police" jacket and a traffic warden's hat is a policeman with the wrong hat or a traffic warden with the wrong jacket ?

Leanne
11-May-11, 23:17
More problems that just an identity crisis lol

northener
11-May-11, 23:20
Traffic Warden.

Fran
11-May-11, 23:29
I was wondering that myself!!!

Metalattakk
11-May-11, 23:36
Yep, he's the Traffic Warden. It even says so on the back of his '"Police" jacket.

mrlennie
12-May-11, 00:22
Always rockin' them awesome sunglasses

Kevin Milkins
12-May-11, 17:52
Yep, he's the Traffic Warden. It even says so on the back of his '"Police" jacket.

Your not often wrong, Metalattakk, but the warden in Wick has definatly got Police on the back of his jacket.

Perhaps his wardens jacket is at the cleaner and one of the Bobbys up at the nick has loaned him one.

barmar62
12-May-11, 21:48
So its not a lot of use asking for his help if I get mugged then!

Koi
12-May-11, 22:43
So its not a lot of use asking for his help if I get mugged then!

Though he'd be very helpful if you have your parked where you shouldn't;)

golach
12-May-11, 22:55
In Auld Reekie we have two types of Traffic Wardens, the official police trained type who have yellow and black checkered band around their cap,and have Police on their Hi Viz jackets, they can carry out some police type work such as directing traffic and such like.
The other type are "the blue meanies" employed by the council to collect as much revenue as possible, and have Parking Attendants on their Hi Viz jackets,

Metalattakk
12-May-11, 23:17
Your not often wrong, Metalattakk, but the warden in Wick has definatly got Police on the back of his jacket.

Perhaps his wardens jacket is at the cleaner and one of the Bobbys up at the nick has loaned him one.

Drat and damnation! Right, that's it. I'm sending off a sternly worded email of complaint to the new Chief Inspector (and former Arsenal manager) George Graham.

How dare he conspire to allow me to be wrong. [disgust]

:lol:

DeHaviLand
12-May-11, 23:22
Yip, Bill is employed by Northern Constabulary, hence the Polis jaiket.

ducati
12-May-11, 23:52
Yip, Bill is employed by Northern Constabulary, hence the Polis jaiket.

How old is Bill? :eek:

Whitewater
13-May-11, 00:13
Old enough to be a traffic warden

ducati
13-May-11, 00:20
Old enough to be a traffic warden

Ah that's the confusion, I thought he was old Bill.

Tilly Teckel
13-May-11, 01:48
I thought he was the Terminator... something in the walk and the steely glare... ;)

Phill
13-May-11, 08:04
Can anyone tell me if the man who stands at the traffic lights in Wick with a "police" jacket and a traffic warden's hat is a policeman with the wrong hat or a traffic warden with the wrong jacket ?
Yer think that's an identity crisis, yer wanna see wot he wears on his days off!!

:Razz

Phill
13-May-11, 08:15
In Auld Reekie we have two types of Traffic Wardens, the official police trained type who have yellow and black checkered band around their cap,and have Police on their Hi Viz jackets, they can carry out some police type work such as directing traffic and such like.
The other type are "the blue meanies" employed by the council to collect as much revenue as possible, and have Parking Attendants on their Hi Viz jackets,
They had them types in Mancunia but wearin red, they used to go round in groups of 6 - 10 fer safety. Tricky little beggers hide round corners writin out there tickets and then the brave one (or the one wot lost the bet) runs up an slaps it on the car.
The Co' I used to work for had little bits of land that they owned and yet these beggers still tried giving me tickets for parking on private land!! [evil]

At least the traffic wobblers weren't fer raisin revenue. And were good craic when we played musical vans on yeller lines! 'till we hid in the back once fer a giggle, then he did us for not displaying tax as well (fell off) :lol:

bcsman
13-May-11, 08:27
bill is ex military and is quite a fine man but if you park where you should'nt you will be getting a parking ticket,the man is just doing his job.

I thought he was the Terminator... something in the walk and the steely glare... ;)

Leanne
13-May-11, 09:42
bill is ex military and is quite a fine man but if you park where you should'nt you will be getting a parking ticket,the man is just doing his job.

He does more than his job... I was ticketed on land that isn't actually on his round. I've also seen him ticketing people for parking on a single yellow line outside rush hour - someone really should tell the guy that this is allowed.

DeHaviLand
13-May-11, 15:38
He does more than his job... I was ticketed on land that isn't actually on his round. I've also seen him ticketing people for parking on a single yellow line outside rush hour - someone really should tell the guy that this is allowed.

I would suggest that Bill knows how to do his job much better than you know how it should be done! Single yellow line parking restrictions dont just apply during rush hour. Maybe you should go read the accompanying yellow sign.

How stupid of you to make such an accusation on a public forum.

Metalattakk
13-May-11, 16:08
He does more than his job... I was ticketed on land that isn't actually on his round.

The whole of Caithness (and perhaps beyond) is his round. ;)

I've also seen him ticketing people for parking on a single yellow line outside rush hour - someone really should tell the guy that this is allowed.

'Rush Hour' has nothing to do with it unless it is specifically marked so. Generally a single yellow line indicates No Parking between 8am and 6.30pm, Monday to Saturday inclusive.

equusdriving
13-May-11, 19:29
what so they are not filming a spin off of the popular 80's show C.H.I.P.S (Caithness highway patrol) i thought he was playing the part of Ponch