PDA

View Full Version : wanting

andrew.bowles30
11-May-11, 16:17
hi dose anyone know if anyone has a cafe to lease as we are looking in thurso or wick must be cheap ingoings contact me on hear if its what we are looking for we have small money to start we are a family hard workers so not affraid to set one up in right location as well if you have something to lease:Razz:lol:

cherokee
11-May-11, 16:19
Sorry if I'm wrong here, Andrew, but do you not run the cafeteria up at Wick Airport?

andrew.bowles30
11-May-11, 16:26
yep but too slow and need a better living

bagpuss
11-May-11, 20:40
what about the former Macdonalds bakery/cafe in the town centre?

or a spot of catering for old folk who might be fed up with frozen meals? I can think of a few old people who would be delighted to have a home bakery van visit ?

ducati
11-May-11, 21:07
I've thought about a roadside diner type, biker cafe, poss somewhere between Wick and Thurso either on the Watten or Castletown roads. I don't know anything about the business or I might have a go myself. :cool:

Wellies
11-May-11, 23:30
Have to say anytime I have been in the airport the cafe is never open

andrew.bowles30
12-May-11, 09:17
thanks yep had that idea but hard to find a building to rent aty low cost but great idea iknow

andrew.bowles30
12-May-11, 09:22
we only open for flyts as sometimes we only have 10 persons on a plain and we only get £1 per customer from the company and they dont spend much more so thats why we only run it like that during nov dec jan it was open nearly all day due to passenger turn over so sorry if you did not get served while you was thare that is why we are looking for a new venture so we can give the airport up as it dose not bring money to pay bills thanks

andrew.bowles30
12-May-11, 09:25
if you know of any one that has a building with a spot of land let me know as its an option

Better Out Than In
12-May-11, 09:30
The travelling sandwich / pie van sounded like a good idea although distances between all the main premises in Caithness may make fuel costly. I know a couple of people down South whom have done this but setting up van seems to be a bit costly - possibly grant aid? There are still 2000 on site at Dounreay although canteen there would resist any competition. NDA might back you to help you get on site. Also you could hit the numerous caravan and camping sites early and get breakfast trade. And what about people coming off the ferries?

andrew.bowles30
12-May-11, 09:53
great ideas thanks will look at grant aid the diner sound great idea from last oger

Hoida
12-May-11, 09:57
The snack van opposite William Wilsons on Ormlie seems to be very popular. I haven't tried it but have been told food is good.Travelling snack van is agood idea and you might even manage to cover galas etc during the summer.
We have managed to get food at Airport twice since Andrew took over and it was very good but closed last couple of times we went. Don't think it is well enough advertised.

andrew.bowles30
12-May-11, 10:19
thanks for that we are not allowed to advertise as the airport wont let us sorry it was closed when you came we only now do the flyts going so looking for something els