PDA

View Full Version : Orkney Forum woes

Dog-eared
11-May-11, 08:52
The Orkneyforum is having a few problems.
This message was issued today.

Good morning All

I found it necessary last night to place the board in maintenance mode because of recent events.

It appears that the board has changed from its original concept. It was supposed to be a place to chat, have fun, share photos and experiences and show everyone else the best of Orkney.

Of late the complaints have gone through the roof:

Trolling, bullying, harassing, slagging mods and so on and showing Orkney to be insular, narrow minded, bigoted and anti incomer.

None of these are Orcadian traits. Yes there will always be a few who feel the need to be heard but this is not the place for vendettas.

I want to remind you on behalf of the mod team that this is a free service run by volunteers in their spare time.

We have had personal attacks by individuals on and off this board and quite frankly the time is coming soon where we will make a decision if we will continue or not.

It's up to you. The board will be back on Wednesday am but for how long will depend on the way things go.

All the best

Admin and the Mods

--
You are receiving this message because you are a member of the forum located at: http://orkneyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi

sids
11-May-11, 09:28
They do these things so much better in the Orkneys.

Corrie 3
11-May-11, 09:41
Have they been having problems with Dragons as well???

Time for the Dragon Slayer methinks!!

C3....:roll:;)

The Music Monster
11-May-11, 09:44
Have they been having problems with Dragons as well???

It's not malicious, though, even though it's loopy!!! I don't mind that, I don't like it when people start getting nasty.