PDA

View Full Version : Slow Internet?

Gizmo
10-May-11, 13:11
Is anyone else having problems today?, i'm down from my usual 7 meg to 0.5 meg.

gmcborgie
10-May-11, 13:18
Mine's been like it for the past couple of days.

Liz
10-May-11, 13:19
Slow here as well! :(

golach
10-May-11, 15:05
I blame the SNP

Better Out Than In
10-May-11, 15:19
mine...........is............slooooow............ too

Gizmo
10-May-11, 15:45
Can anyone who is having speed issues please call their ISP to report it, I called my ISP and they can see that my speed has dropped dramatically since last night, but can give me no explanation as to why this has happened, and BT have not logged any outages or problems at the exchange. It looks like this may be the same problem that happened a couple of months ago, when BT denied any problem but then apologised via the press a few days later when they realised there was actually a problem.

Gizmo
10-May-11, 21:35
Well, a mate of mine spoke to BT and apparantly there is a problem at the Wick exchange that they are aware of, even though it's not logged for my ISP to see. They gave him the standard response of 2 hours for it to be fixed.

Dog-eared
11-May-11, 10:08
.256 to 2.0 Mb near Castletown.

Gizmo
11-May-11, 11:44
Well, my mate thinks that the BT customer service advisor he spoke to last night fed him a story about a problem at the exchange, as my mate works at the BT call centre in Thurso and there is no record of any fault at the exchange.

pig whisperer
11-May-11, 12:12
you dont know slow, till you have yor internet connection via a dongle, only bonus is I dont have to spend hours trying to speak to BT

Gizmo
11-May-11, 18:57
Well, after more hours wasted trying to get an answer for my downgraded speed, and denials from my ISP that there were any problems at the exchange, around an hour ago, my connection went dead for around a minute, and when it reconnected my IP profile was up from 500k to 7000k, and full speed had returned. I can only assume that someone somewhere is telling lies about the goings on at the Wick exchange [disgust]