PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cream Van

2boyz1girl
08-May-11, 21:25
Can someone please tell me why the van comes around at 9.30 at night? When us parents are trying to get our children to bed and then they hear the bloomin thing.[evil] It would be more like sense to come round earlier would it not? So annoying. Okay I have had my gurn and am over it!

bobman
08-May-11, 21:36
Just say no.......thats what would of happened to me when I was younger.

AliciaMackinnon
08-May-11, 21:52
ice cream lady has to travel all over and everywhere wants the same time... sadly just not possiable

Walter Ego
08-May-11, 22:01
Can someone please tell me why the van comes around at 9.30 at night? When us parents are trying to get our children to bed and then they hear the bloomin thing.[evil] It would be more like sense to come round earlier would it not? So annoying. Okay I have had my gurn and am over it!

It must be terrible if they hear other kids playing outside...;)

2boyz1girl
08-May-11, 22:02
They never asked for anything it's just annoying. I know she/he wants to get around and it gets later and later but if it was me I would do 1 area 1 night and so on. Cut off time a bit earlier also. Maybe more people would go also if it was a bitty earlier.

shazzap
08-May-11, 23:01
I would go out and tell them. It seems to me a bit ridiculous to be doing the rounds at that time.

pat
08-May-11, 23:11
Be really nasty and tell the youngsters that after 7pm they play the tune for the adults to come and get their cigarettes, they do not have ice cream and sweets on board that is only for the children up until 7pm.
Get the person to play another tune after tea time so you can say to the youngsters that means there is no ice cream or sweets on board.

shazzap
08-May-11, 23:17
Be really nasty and tell the youngsters that after 7pm they play the tune for the adults to come and get their cigarettes, they do not have ice cream and sweets on board that is only for the children up until 7pm.
Get the person to play another tune after tea time so you can say to the youngsters that means there is no ice cream or sweets on board.
Ooh you are awful, but i like it. Now whose was that quote. I've had my pain relief tonight, his names on the tip of my tongue. But.

Dadie
08-May-11, 23:54
My parents used to say that they played the tune when they ran out of icecream...
We have a different problem .. the van is round too early and people are just starting their dinner...you know the parent threat of if you dont eat it you wont get,,but if you have already bought the icecream..it makes for a hard time at dinner!

oldmarine
09-May-11, 00:54
Whatever time the Ice Cream Van comes around, the parents have to make a decision. Tough isn't it? My parents had to go through the same thing and I had the same challenges while my children were at home growing up.

gerry4
09-May-11, 11:02
It must be terrible if they hear other kids playing outside...;)

My kids had a set bedtime. Yes might of complained when they heard the other kids but they accepted it. I now see they have a set bedtime for their children. When children learn that you mean 'no' they will accept it. You have problems when 'no' means, complain enough and i will say yes.