PDA

View Full Version : amazing result!

NickInTheNorth
06-May-11, 11:38
What a staggering result :

Rob Gibson 13,843 Scottish National Party (SNP) John MacKay 5,438 Scottish Labour Party Edward Brian Stanford Mountain 2,934 Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party Robbie Rowantree 6,385 Scottish Liberal Democrats

buddyrich
06-May-11, 11:45
Good luck everyone. Enjoy what happens with a dunce at the wheel.

veekay
06-May-11, 11:55
Perhaps he will get off his backside and do something - won't be holding my breath though!

John Little
06-May-11, 11:55
Will I have to show my passport at Carter Bar soon?

pmcd
06-May-11, 11:56
Delighted for Rob - he even bothered to take time out for a wee chat in our little village - and he is by no means a dunce. Answered questions well, and without the politician's slickness. Actually gave consideration to his answers, and was clearly not spouting party line. Personable, intelligent, and endowed with a sense of humour. Well done, and well done the SNP. These results are exhilarating!

Corrie 3
06-May-11, 12:06
Well done Rob Gibson and the SNP, all these years the people of Caithness have been voting for the LibDem's who have proved to be nothing other than a party who will jump into bed with anybody for their 5 mins of fame. John Thurso beware, it will be your turn next and well done to the people of Caithness for seeing the light after all these years !

C3.....;):)

buddyrich
06-May-11, 12:13
I didnt call Rob Gibson a dunce. His boss most definitely is.

Cattach
06-May-11, 12:15

Pretty insulting comment all of us who voted for Rob. The electorate has spoken and the cheap jibe bya bad loser tells one more about buddyrick than it does about Rob Gibson or whoever Buddyrick eas referring to.

Good luck, Rob. It was the overwhelming wish of the people as cane seen by the margin of the win.

lindsaymcc
06-May-11, 12:21
Fab news for Caithness! Well done to Rob Gibson.

teenybash
06-May-11, 12:22
Well done SNP........

buddyrich
06-May-11, 12:40
My name is Buddyrich. I said already that i consider his boss a dunce, not him. As for Rib Gobson, well he has an office in Wick but i've never seen him. He put plenty paper through my door but that's it. If you think politics should be free from invective, then stroll on and find something else to occupy you. People who rant as i do are doing it because they feel helpless. The thought of the country leaving the UK and being led by someone with the policies salmond is into is frightening and makes me feel dismayed and helpless. The defining moment for me of the past four years is the trumpeting of 1000 new bobbies, yet a friend of mine who walked into thurso police station after being brutally attacked on olrig street was told there was no one to deal with it, even though the attackers could be seen loitering on the street just down the road.

weezer 316
06-May-11, 12:49
My name is Buddyrich. I said already that i consider his boss a dunce, not him. As for Rib Gobson, well he has an office in Wick but i've never seen him. He put plenty paper through my door but that's it. If you think politics should be free from invective, then stroll on and find something else to occupy you. People who rant as i do are doing it because they feel helpless. The thought of the country leaving the UK and being led by someone with the policies salmond is into is frightening and makes me feel dismayed and helpless. The defining moment for me of the past four years is the trumpeting of 1000 new bobbies, yet a friend of mine who walked into thurso police station after being brutally attacked on olrig street was told there was no one to deal with it, even though the attackers could be seen loitering on the street just down the road.

Agreed. Salmond is an absolute buffoon who will budget 20 years agead assuming oil prices are at $200pb....only for them to drop to $50. He will then blame westminister. Then Westminister again. Then the EU. Then westminster. Then he might, MIGHT revise his budget. Ad infinitum

buddyrich
06-May-11, 12:53
Given that situation, he'd probably say that scotland becoming independent was not his responsibility after all but a ruse by Westminster to make him look stupid. But then again we wont know any of this because there wont be any electricity to watch tv because of his energy policy.

sids
06-May-11, 12:54

Can dunces not drive properly or something?

Corrie 3
06-May-11, 12:54
Agreed. Salmond is an absolute buffoon who will budget 20 years agead assuming oil prices are at $200pb....only for them to drop to $50. He will then blame westminister. Then Westminister again. Then the EU. Then westminster. Then he might, MIGHT revise his budget. Ad infinitum
What is this Westminister you speak of weezer?..I have never heard of it !
At least the SNP wont ever jump into bed with the Tories, I think Nick Clegg has done a good job in destroying his party!!
Oh !!!...Just got it, you mean Westminster!!!!!!!...Silly me!!!

C3.....:roll:;)

Amy-Winehouse
06-May-11, 13:01
I hope Salmond isnt banking on oil money, thanks to the tory governments baffling decision to stick even more tax on the oil companies they have already begun to stop drilling, CNR handed out 90 day notices to the drilling guys on the Murchison platform yesterday - well done . Cant see the wood for the tree`s can they ?

Well done to Ron Gibson- whoever he might be ?

buddyrich
06-May-11, 13:08
At least the SNP wont ever jump into bed with the Tories, I think Nick Clegg has done a good job in destroying his party!!

Exhausted of arguements and anything relevant to say, the intellectually defeated always turn to grammar and spelling as easy targets. [lol]

DUNCE-a person incapable of learning. Would you like someone incapable of learning to be in control of your car, literal or otherwise?

weezer 316
06-May-11, 13:11

Jumped into bed! This is politics, not football. The tories have the right idea, hence the reason they won the general election. Quite simply we must deal with the deficit. Alex couldnt care less about that sort of nonsense!

And Amy-winehouse - I cant believe for a second they raised a tax against big coporations! It must be a media ruse that you are buying, has to be!! They couldnt possibly have done that

Last sentence was in sarcastic b****** font

RecQuery
06-May-11, 13:22
...The tories have the right idea, hence the reason they won the general election...

It's a cheap jibe, but presumably the SNP have the right idea for Scotland and that's why they won (I assume the current trend will continue when other constituencies and regions declare) both the FPTP and the PR element of the vote.

pmcd
06-May-11, 14:30
The SNP is refreshing. It ran a positive campaign. It didn't promise a free unicorn to each punter.

Real home truths. It is not in Scotland's DNA to vote Conservative, as Tories ALL go to Eton, are effete upper-class twits with half a cutlery cabinet in their gobs, and eat their own children. (Dundee, Beano, Lord Snooty - you've got a lot to answer for!) The Liberals are nice and cuddly, and don't harm a flea as long as they continue to hold their conferences in telephone kiosks, and are split nicely between the bearded loons and the middle-class tree-huggers.
Scotland, on a good day, likes the Labour Party. After all, it is the party of the working man. Though cowards flinch at costly beer, they'll keep the Red Flag flying here. Blair took the country into an illegal war, then lied about WMD, and they STILL voted the tosser in for another round!

But this time, even the Liberals and the Labourites began to work out that their parties weren't delivering.

Clegg was almost smoother than Cameron, and turning bluer and weaker by the day.

And the Milliphant man had even, yay, done the dirty unto his brother, and sounded like a nasal clever dick, and looked like Wallace (not William, but as with Gromit). So people pointed fingers at his startled nasal whinings, which he used to tell the people what the others were doing wrong - but not what HE and the flagging flaggers were going to do right.

And so the people exercised their democratic right. And the fifty odd percent who didn't bother voting deserve whatever good (or bad) awaits them. But it feels refreshing that a system explicitly designed (by the Labour Party) to make a simple majority in Holyrood impossible came back to bite them in the bum. Kirkcaldy result (SNP) put the cap on it just now!

weezer 316
06-May-11, 14:46
Scotlands DNA. Please mate, this is the very heart of the issue. Scots, and I speak as a scottish person, are by default inherintly biased against most things english, whether real or perceived. I think thats astonishng. It is utterly irrelevant if a person is from pakistan, peru or peckham. You vote according to their ideas for the nation, not thier nationality or even where the core of their support is from, let alone their accent.

If the tories decided to double income tax in scotland on the account its scotland you would, rightly, go ballistic and accuse them of almost racism! Yet you attack tories as all being narrow minded snobs, and the fact they go to eton, a school im sure you would send your child to given half a chance seeing as im sure education is very important. Bear in mind, tony blair went to fettes, yet this, rightly, didnt matter to the scottish electorate.

The narrow mindednes of some people in the coutnry amazes me regualrly.

Rheghead
06-May-11, 14:58
Gladstone, Jeremy Thorpe, Andrew Lloyd George, Archibald Sinclair, Paddy Ashdown, Shirley Williams, David Steel, David Owen, Ian smarmy Hislop, Can you hear me?

Your MSPs took one hell of a beating!!

Humerous Vegetable
06-May-11, 15:02

I think you'll find that The Highland Council and Northern Constabulary are responsible for the deployment and local policy decisions of policing in Thurso. The People of Scotland will decide on independence, not the SNP, who at least are giving us all the chance to make that decision, unlike the other parties, who are all London based and will only allow referenda on whether we all hate Nick Clegg more than we hate David Cameron.
I think myself that a "yes" vote to independence is now quite unlikely, given the number of non-scottish immigrants living in Scotland.

Corrie 3
06-May-11, 15:13
Gladstone, Jeremy Thorpe, Andrew Lloyd George, Archibald Sinclair, Paddy Ashdown, Shirley Williams, David Steel, David Owen, Ian smarmy Hislop, Can you hear me?

Your MSPs took one hell of a beating!!
Interesting also to learn that the LibDem's have lost 459 council seats in England so far.....That alone should tell them something never mind the thrashing they took in Scotland, as I said earlier, Clegg and Alexander did a brilliant job of ruining their party....... all for 5 mins of fame and glory!!!!!

The Music Monster
06-May-11, 15:20
The SNP is refreshing. It ran a positive campaign.

This is the crux of their appeal - instead of saying "so-and-so is doing such-and-such, don't vote for them", they made promises based on their own ability [not the failings of others]. Whatever your views on independence, Alec Salmond has done a lot of good for Scotland - he's not perfect but at least his policies are an open book. I don't know what I'd vote when the referendum goes ahead, but the SNP have always been good to me... That's all I can go on.

PantsMAN
06-May-11, 15:25
If you are really unhappy with the SNP, as Daniel Dravot said "You have our permission to 6u993r off".

Rheghead
06-May-11, 15:27
I think myself that a "yes" vote to independence is now quite unlikely, given the number of non-scottish immigrants living in Scotland.

I don't think non-Scottish immigrants are necessarily wedded to the Union, let the debate begin, make the case then let the people decide.

Trajan
06-May-11, 15:33
What is a non scottish immigrant,,? as that a white settler type from angerland,,

Cattach
06-May-11, 17:13

Anyone who thinks Alex Salmon is a buffoon is clearly living in cloud cuckooland thimself. No matter what ones politics it has to be accpeted that Salmon is a very astute politician, he has quick mind and he is able to debate issues with great skill. The SNP are where they are because Alex Salmon is the best politician not just in Scotland but probably in the UK. You may notlike him but buffoon certainly not.

weezer 316
06-May-11, 18:15
Anyone who thinks Alex Salmon is a buffoon is clearly living in cloud cuckooland thimself. No matter what ones politics it has to be accpeted that Salmon is a very astute politician, he has quick mind and he is able to debate issues with great skill. The SNP are where they are because Alex Salmon is the best politician not just in Scotland but probably in the UK. You may notlike him but buffoon certainly not.

He most certainly is a buffoon! Its called spin and being sleek, something Cameron and Blair before him were regularly attacked for in this country. He has made cast iron promises on things like class sizes and a 2k grant for home buyers that never materialised. Did he not also criticise his predecessor for not paying council tax on a home and then do exactly the same thing?!!

Hes an absolute mongrel of a man that because he has a scottish accent people think makes him suave.

Im not doubting his skill though as a politician as clearly being able to say one thing then doing another, and then getting voted back in for it takes a great deal of skill, just not the ones to run the country

bigjjuk
06-May-11, 20:14
Well Lib dems screwed themselves, when they promise free tuition charges for the general election. Then backtrack and vote to charge for them, when they are in a coalition with the tories. This backtracking of promises is all to often in politics and I think the public just let the libdems know that it isnt on. So i think it was gr8 SNP got in. all in all i see it like this:-

Labour - spent to much
Conservatives - cut back to much
libdems- broken promises
SNP - they are doing ok for scotland

Thats why they got in :)

Just MY opinion before I get my thoat jumped down