PDA

View Full Version : Dog kennels?

stevie b
05-May-11, 23:06
Just wondering if any of you fine folk can recommend a good kennels in Caithness?

Got to go away for a wedding and have a husky/malamute who is a rather lively chap so not to keen to leave him with any family and friends as he would have to stay at theirs.

Any help would be very much appreciated!!!!

sweetpea
06-May-11, 12:11
Has to be Ramscraigs at Dunbeath. They are amazing, lovely set up and really genuine dog lovers and when my mut goes there I have no concerns that he won't be well looked after.:D

buster
06-May-11, 13:31
Can recommend Rammscraigs kennels at Dunbeath, we've used them many times and they are very good.

floyed
07-May-11, 20:49
Definetly Rammscraigs Dunbeath, have used them before excellent.

dragonfly
07-May-11, 22:22
Ramscraigs for sure, excellent care and attention to the dogs in their charge

bodster
09-May-11, 22:29
ramscraig x 5

starflower
15-May-11, 16:55
Hi

If it helps any I have just been to visit Ramscraig kennels, as this is the first time my dog will be going in while im on holiday, Have to say was well impressed so now will be booking him in it was more like a 4/5 star hotel underfloor heating! even my dog doesnt get that here in his own house lol. The owners were lovely too felt a lot more reassured now i have visited and met the owners :)

freyalass
30-Jul-11, 16:09
I agree. Ramscraig at Dunbeath is where my 2 dogs go. If at all concerned go and have a look around first. We did, Graham was more than happy to show us around and put our minds at rest.

Kevin Milkins
01-Aug-11, 18:40
I have used Ramscraig and would fully endorse everything that has been said about them on this thread.

Be sure that your dog is up to date with his injections though,(kennel cough, etc)

You can contact them via the org business section. http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/business.php?id=195

Tyke
06-Aug-11, 17:06
I would just like to thank everyone for their nice comments. I don't get onto the Org very much so it was heartening to read this thread. At this time of the year we are full and it is difficult to find any time at all. On top of the kennel work, one my own dogs has presented us with a litter of pups, so little sleep in this house for the past 4 weeks and on top of that my oldest girl Rosie, the brown and white one that chases anyone connected to the end to end walks or bike rides has been disagnosed with cancer. However she has had an op and will continue her mad sprints ( slow jogs ) along the inside of the fence.

Once again thanks.

Torvaig
07-Aug-11, 01:15
Glad to hear Rosie is feeling better; she still work to do!

I know you are busy but any chance of a picture of the puppies? Cheers....

windswept
09-Aug-11, 20:05
Just wondering if any of you fine folk can recommend a good kennels in Caithness?

Got to go away for a wedding and have a husky/malamute who is a rather lively chap so not to keen to leave him with any family and friends as he would have to stay at theirs.

Any help would be very much appreciated!!!!

I would recommend Ramscraigs too. I have been delighted with the service and care given to our two - very accomodating and they are very knowledgeable