PDA

View Full Version : Election Count

Stack Rock
05-May-11, 19:36
Isn't it amazing that as soon as our constituency is enlarged to include Dingwall the count and declaration anouncement is being held in DINGWALL. Another nail in the coffin for Wick!!!!!

Fly
05-May-11, 22:55
Did you really expect anything else???

sweetpea
05-May-11, 23:14
Not really surprised Dingwall is bigger town than Wick.

bekisman
05-May-11, 23:17
I thought Dingwall had a pop of c5,026 and Wick c7,333?

Bazeye
06-May-11, 02:10
I thought Dingwall had a pop of c5,026 and Wick c7,333?

Only approximately, mind.

buddyrich
06-May-11, 03:57
When might we expect the result? Im thinking of going to bed but if the trend continues and the snp manage to overturn the lib dem majority here i may as well just kill myself now rather than waiting for the morning.

Venture
06-May-11, 07:54
Well it seems like the people of Scotland have made their choice, big style.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-13305522

ducati
06-May-11, 08:09
OUCH!:eek::eek::lol:

Oh well, never accuse me of backing the loser, when can we expect the historic vote, and an independent Scotland setting sail across the Atlantic powered by Windfarms?

bekisman
06-May-11, 09:02
OUCH!:eek::eek::lol:

Oh well, never accuse me of backing the loser, when can we expect the historic vote, and an independent Scotland setting sail across the Atlantic powered by Windfarms?
Oh well that's ruined my day AND I'm off to Helmsdale to the dentist!

Corrie 3
06-May-11, 09:24
Well done to the SNP, what an Historic night for Scotland !!!

C3.....:):)

Phill
06-May-11, 12:02
Yeay:eek::eek:

Brussels here we come!:eek:

Dialyser
06-May-11, 12:57
Well done to the SNP, what an Historic night for Scotland !!!

C3.....:):)

Indeed a historic night for Scotland, of that there is no argument. Time will tell whether it is in a positive or negative sense. I suspect the latter especially for the Highlands.

Stack Rock
06-May-11, 20:12
Obviously no-ones too bothered that the count is not held traditionally in Caithness any more.

Bazeye
07-May-11, 02:35
Obviously no-ones too bothered that the count is not held traditionally in Caithness any more.

It doesnt matter where its counted its what the result is, and more importantly how many people could be bothered voting in the first place, its what youre told what the result is. Lets face it , how many of us on this forum have been present at any election count? Not me, thats for sure. Not that I'm being cynical or anyyhing.

Rheghead
07-May-11, 14:56
The Scottish Green Party scored its second highest result in history and came short of only 378 votes in getting a Green MSP in the Highland region, out of an electorate of 335,000 that is pretty close.