PDA

View Full Version : So sorry

veekay
05-May-11, 18:38
I would like to apologies for the rain - I knew I shouldn't have cleaned my windows

golach
05-May-11, 18:56
I washed my windows today, an owld Scottish form of a rain dance......we need the rain, the country is going up in flames. So no apologies from me.

Liz
05-May-11, 19:40
No it's my fault. I bought sun cream!!! :)

Liz
05-May-11, 19:41
I washed my windows today, an owld Scottish form of a rain dance......we need the rain, the country is going up in flames. So no apoligies from me.

It's awful how many fires there are further south and what effect this will have on wildlife etc. :( We don't need rain here though.

pat
05-May-11, 20:34
Had a couple of very very light showers over here in Stornoway - saves having to water the garden and tubs but not enough to wet the ground or add anything to stop the fires.
Had a couple of fires on moors over here - usually been near road so probably a carelessly disposed cigarette thown from a car window has been the probable cause of all the firecrews fighting the fires.

Tilly Teckel
05-May-11, 22:26
I would like to apologies for the rain - I knew I shouldn't have cleaned my windows

So you're the reason I got soaked walking the dogs this evening, and why my kitchen smells of wet dog!

donnick
05-May-11, 22:33
no it was me i put the washing oot

Beat Bug
06-May-11, 00:11
As a child I was always blamed for a rainy Sunday. I had long hair, which my Mum sometimes used to set in ringlets on a Saturday, and the rags were left in until Sunday morning. Every time she did this, it rained on the Sunday, so my brother and sisters used to ask my Mum not to put my hair in ringlets when we wanted to go to the seaside on the Sunday. But I can't be blamed this time, as my hair is far too short for ringlets!

Kevin Milkins
06-May-11, 07:33
Just got back from my walk and the rain has freshened the air and it's helped the crops to green up a bit, they were starting to yellow from the sress of no water and the wind..

Well done veekay, it was needed, now can we have the summer back please?

changilass
06-May-11, 08:45
Ok Liz I think the only option here is for you to go to Veekay's house to smear her windows with your suncream using donnicks washing as cloths to apply it.

golach
06-May-11, 08:48
Ok Liz I think the only option here is for you to go to Veekay's house to smear her windows with your suncream using donnicks washing as cloths to apply it.

Do not come near my windows changi, soup ban will be extended :mad:

pat
06-May-11, 09:28
Ah well thought it was going to clear up today - it is persisting down fairly heavily and has been for some time.
At least new windows are getting properly washed as these windows have the self-cleaning coating so I am quite happy to see fairly heavy rain as it is now cleaning all windows - it really works and has saved a lot of my energy trying to keep windows clean when living very close to the sea.
I go off island on Wednesday morning then the sun will sun very brightly and it will not rain until I return, definitely a weathervane for the island here.

Kenn
06-May-11, 09:42
Sorry to correct you, it's my fault, got the garden hose out, repaired the connector and used it three times it's now coiled up with a grumpy look about being made redundant!