PDA

View Full Version : 25th June 2011 - Armed Forces Day

RN1995
05-May-11, 16:21
Hi folks, I know its a bitty away yet, but is there any plans for a parade etc to show the support and respect the past, present and future Armed Forces deserve ?

golach
05-May-11, 17:05
Its Armed Forces Weekend in Edinburgh 24th to 26th June, I will be there on the RNA stall dishing out Pussers Blue Label Rum, only to matelots and ex matelots [lol]

golach
06-May-11, 09:54
Now that Salmond has retained the post of First Minister, I am having my doubts about marching down the Royal Mile on the 25th June, and having to salute him, I do not mind saluting our Lord Provost and the Military Dignitaries, even the token Royal, but saluting that odius man I find difficult.
In the past I have attended many of Edinburgh's Rememberance Parades and all have gone well, last year A Salmond attended, and to make himself seem more important, he insisted changing the march past route, making it a more difficult and longer route, many of the more infirm veterans were not able to take part as they had done for many years.

Eilanboy
06-May-11, 14:20
Hi folks, I know its a bitty away yet, but is there any plans for a parade etc to show the support and respect the past, present and future Armed Forces deserve ?

Thurso RBLS are holding a drumhead service and flag lowering ceremony on Saturday 25th June 2011 in the square outside Caithness Horizons and Wick RBLS will probably hold their usual flag raising parade at Caithness General Hospital