PDA

View Full Version : So are y'all vigilant?

porshiepoo
05-May-11, 15:57
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/attack-highly-likely-police-chief-175936783.html

So this country opens its doors to every European wanting to settle here, can't control the illegal immigrant population and basically puts the rights of 'others' before those of its own and now it wants 'its own' to police said country. Great!

OK maybe a tad over dramatic but it makes a person think huh?
I mean what is suspicious behaviour and how the heck do you determine whether it's terrorist in nature or not?
Known Muslims hanging around looking 'shifty'? Wouldn't a person be considered rascist to say such a thing?
Someone drops a bag and legs it? Perhaps they're running for the bus. Guess they wouldn't appreciate an armed response unit greeting them at their destination.
Maybe unusual activity at the house up the road? Could be parents are away and the kids are taking advantage, heck could be the husbands away and the wifes taking advantage OR it could just be the Lybster knocking shop.

I'm pretty sure terrorists are quite clever about not drawing attention to bomb making equipment they may be stashing.

Still, hope you all have your eyes peeled for this suspicious behaviour :eek:

Or do you, like me, tend to think we're kind of safe up here in our little land of Caithness? Can't imagine bombing this place would make the impact these crazies are looking for, doubt most people know where it is or even that it exists. Still that's fine by me!
I'm off to Tescos now but rest assured I shall be vigilant of everyones behaviour and activity :roll:

Phill
05-May-11, 16:15
Is this a rant or several different rambles trollied together?

I don't think the rozzer was asking us all to Police ourselves, rather to remind us to be, well, vigilant!
If you see something that doesn't add up, seems somehow suspicious, then let the feds know. He's not asking you to mount your own SAS operation.

I don't see the connection with other Europeans wanting to settle here and any potential backlash from Al Qaeda.

Bombing Caithness may not be the impact but what about a nuclear facility, oh wait.....

You never know, the Lybster knocking shop could just be a cover story. After the data recovered from OBL's pad you never know where the navy seals could be turning up next!

Tin foil hat anyone!

Corrie 3
05-May-11, 17:11
Ha....The Lybster knocking shop !!!!
Does anyone have a phone number and know what time they are open???

C3...:roll:;):lol:

bekisman
05-May-11, 18:25
Pleased the coppers were on their toes..

As part of the investigation four houses in east London were raided by counter-terror detectives. A small container was removed at one of the addresses and is being examined by Scotland Yard. After examination by explosives officers, the container is now not thought to have had any hazardous material.

http://www.srilankaweekly.co.uk/news.html?groupId=19&newsId=6826 (http://www.srilankaweekly.co.uk/news.html?groupId=19&newsId=6826)

George Brims
05-May-11, 21:22
It was on the news here in the US this week that 70% of the terrorist plots uncovered and stopped since 9/11 have been due to tips from the public. About half of the tips came from Muslim Americans.

Bazeye
06-May-11, 02:24
Ha....The Lybster knocking shop !!!!
Does anyone have a phone number and know what time they are open???

C3...:roll:;):lol:

Make sure its not their lunch break or half day closing before you set off.