PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Twilight Startrails.

Mystical Potato Head
04-May-11, 20:37
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo189/sat5_photos/TwilightStartrails1flickr.jpg

astroman
04-May-11, 21:28
Simply beautiful MPH

Mystical Potato Head
04-May-11, 22:07
Simply beautiful MPH

Cheers astroman,still havent had the modded camera on the scope yet,still on shifts so it will probably have to wait till mid August before i try it out.
Things are better placed in the sky then anyway,well they are from my garden anyway.

dragonfly
05-May-11, 05:54
beautiful MPH, even without the startrials its a stunning capture

Mystical Potato Head
05-May-11, 20:59
Cheers Dragonfly.

Btw,you were right,apathy rules.Think i'll join in and not bother either.

AndyMcD
06-May-11, 08:57
Very nice shot, great job

dragonfly
06-May-11, 09:14
Cheers Dragonfly.

Btw,you were right,apathy rules.Think i'll join in and not bother either.

no don't do that! your photos are always stunning and should be shared. I don't have time to do any landscapes anymore (or a wide angle lens for shooting them) but love looking at other peoples

Mystical Potato Head
06-May-11, 20:29
no don't do that! your photos are always stunning and should be shared. I don't have time to do any landscapes anymore (or a wide angle lens for shooting them) but love looking at other peoples

Once you see what the 17-40 L will do you'll just have to try a landscape or two.The way things are going at work i could be on 12 hour shifts for another 3 months,forgetting how the camera works,at least the nights will be getting darker by then.Right up my street :)

tjc
10-May-11, 13:33
Excellent shot MPH...

Really like that.

Is it one exposure or several merged?

:)

Mystical Potato Head
11-May-11, 20:28
Its my usual 45x 40 second exposures.I like the effect i get from 30 mins total exposure time with this lens at 17mm.
I dont like realy long trails,i think it clutters up the image too much.

Liz
15-May-11, 14:07
Beautiful!!!! :)

dragonfly
29-May-11, 01:08
was at Bryce Canyon, Utah yesterday and its the most amazing place for seeing the night sky, you ought to try to get there! They were selling star trail pics and not nearly as good as yours

The Music Monster
29-May-11, 08:48
How on earth do you take pictures like this? It's absolutely incredible :D!!

Bravo!!!