CAR WASH

SATURDAY 7TH MAY

10am--4PM

BAKING AND BOTTLE STALL

TEAS AND COFFEE

poppett
04-May-11, 18:53
Thank you for the advance notice.

The crew make a fabulous job and have brilliant stuff that keep the wheels clean for ages.

See you there!

david
04-May-11, 19:04
THURSO FIRE BRIGADE

CAR WASH

SATURDAY 7TH MAY

10am--4PM

BAKING AND BOTTLE STALL

TEAS AND COFFEE

What charity is benefitting please?

daz
04-May-11, 21:21
its the benevillend fund,that all moneys goes to ,the ben fund helps firefighters injured in action or the families of firefighters that have been killed in action,hope this answers ur question david !!!!!

Kodiak
05-May-11, 00:01
Does anyone know what the charge is for a Car Wash?

david
05-May-11, 09:23
its the benevillend fund,that all moneys goes to ,the ben fund helps firefighters injured in action or the families of firefighters that have been killed in action,hope this answers ur question david !!!!!

That will be the Fire Service Benevolent Fund with millions in their coffers already, and getting money from them is like getting blood from stone. How about donations to local charitys?

Ash
05-May-11, 10:07
That will be the Fire Service Benevolent Fund with millions in their coffers already, and getting money from them is like getting blood from stone. How about donations to local charitys?

they always donate to local charities aswell

daz
05-May-11, 10:36
its also going to local charaties aswell !!!!!! david

daz
05-May-11, 10:37
well said ash !!!!

Ash
05-May-11, 11:14
well said ash !!!!

my dad used to be in the Fire Brigade and they have always done soo much for local charities

Hoida
05-May-11, 11:23
Have to disagree with you David my father was in the Fire Service and my brother also. My brother was very badly injured while attending a fire and the fire service benevolent fund were so supportive.When my brother died a number of years ago representatives from the Fire service were in attendance within hours offering financial help After 14 years my sister in law still receives from the fund annually. I wish the Fire Service in Thurso all the best with their fund raising venture and they have my support!

david
05-May-11, 11:32
Have to disagree with you David my father was in the Fire Service and my brother also. My brother was very badly injured while attending a fire and the fire service benevolent fund were so supportive.When my brother died a number of years ago representatives from the Fire service were in attendance within hours offering financial help After 14 years my sister in law still receives from the fund annually. I wish the Fire Service in Thurso all the best with their fund raising venture and they have my support!

I served in the Fire Service in Buckinghamshire for nine years and did numerous of these car washes for the FSNBF, however many of the crew, myself included, disagreed with the way all the money went to the FSNBF especially knowing how much money this organisation has. I can only recall them helping one firefighter in my nine years, and he had to jump through a lot of hoops to get any help. Are you sure your sister gets money from the FSNBF? Sounds more like a widows pension to me funded from the local authority.

Hoida
05-May-11, 13:34
I served in the Fire Service in Buckinghamshire for nine years and did numerous of these car washes for the FSNBF, however many of the crew, myself included, disagreed with the way all the money went to the FSNBF especially knowing how much money this organisation has. I can only recall them helping one firefighter in my nine years, and he had to jump through a lot of hoops to get any help. Are you sure your sister gets money from the FSNBF? Sounds more like a widows pension to me funded from the local authority.
Yes David the money does come from the Fire Brigade Benevolent Fund. She also gets a pension from Fire service which I think my brother contributed to when he was working.
It is usually someone from the local committee who visits every year from FSNBF-having said that could it be an area thing eg Strathclyde?

*Martin*
05-May-11, 13:49

How about you get off your backside and go raise some money for local charities??

david
05-May-11, 14:02
How about you get off your backside and go raise some money for local charities??

The HDCBF perhaps?

david
05-May-11, 14:08
Yes David the money does come from the Fire Brigade Benevolent Fund. She also gets a pension from Fire service which I think my brother contributed to when he was working.
It is usually someone from the local committee who visits every year from FSNBF-having said that could it be an area thing eg Strathclyde?

I stand corrected then.