PDA

View Full Version : WADF Thread Anniversary!

Tubthumper
03-May-11, 21:03
This thread was started on the 4th of July 2010. It's had almost 76 000 views and has provided a huge amount of entertainment (although so far it hasn't really changed anything!). I think we should have a big celebration to mark its first anniversary.
Who should we invite? :Razz

pat
03-May-11, 21:36
I think no 2 should be invited along with WADF committee as they could get some advise from a Professional on how things are done.

Corrie 3
03-May-11, 21:44
I voted for other...My choice is George Osborne because he is yet another who can get money of us poor suckers and we get nothing in return!!!!

C3.....:eek::roll:;)

John Little
03-May-11, 21:47
I reckon Gulbuddin Hekmatyr is a natural before he gets elevated to take Bin Laden's place playing Emmanuel Goldstein in the great game.

Phill
03-May-11, 22:54
I'm confused! Is The Archer and Mrs The Archer one person or two?
Or is The Archer Mrs The Archer only at weekends?
:eek:

Rheghead
03-May-11, 23:07
Err, ever mindful of the old adage that it is better to keep one's mouth shut and let the world think you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt, but what in goodness name is the WADF Thread?

Whitewater
03-May-11, 23:22
I share my ignorance with Rheghead, I have not got a clue about the WADF thread, but I must admit that if it started about a year ago I would have probably been bowling or doing something else outdoors.

John Little
04-May-11, 06:52
May I, ever mindful of the possible consequences, refer you to the Sticky at the top of the 'General' section of the Forum?

pat
04-May-11, 08:21
I agree with a few of the votes - it is extremely difficult to know who to choose, each have their own points.

Alice in Blunderland
04-May-11, 08:50
What about we have an open meeting about the WADF thread. Get it well advertised and invite all interested parties to come along.

Wait, hang on a minute, open meeting and the words WADF doesn't seem to go together in the same sentence. Ah well silly me after almost a year you would think I would have caught on to that.

Hell Mr Archer ! How are you doing these days. Care to comment. Go on you know you want to. :D

pat
04-May-11, 11:04
Just realised the Archer referred to is on the org - I thought you meant the writer and ex MP and ex Sir now Mr Jeffry Archer and the committee would be getting tips from him on how to avoid? any problems they may be encountering.

Can I now change my vote to Riggerboy please, please?

gerry4
04-May-11, 11:17
Might be nice to know what WADF stands for

Tubthumper
04-May-11, 12:47
My apologies to all, after banging away at the same door for 10 months one tends to forget that many recent members have no idea what it's all about.
WADF stands for Wick Academy Development Fund. The sticky at the top of the 'general' forum contains the 40 pages of contributions. It's worth a read from the start but to summarise:

Some guys were in charge of Wick Academy FC. They weren't very good, but set up a fund (WADF) to raise money for the club (WAFC) without telling the club. They sold lots of tickets to people and put money in the bank, set themselves up as a charity and would only give the club money under duress (blaming the club they led for being rubbish etc.).

Members of the club demanded to know what was going on with the club's money, but were told to mind their own business (or words to that effect). The ordinary members of WAFC eventually managed to turf out the chairman & secretary, who somehow managed to take the WADF away with them and continued raising money using the 'Wick Academy' name. WAFC washed their hands of the clique who have run the WADF since the start and the club's finances are now much more secure.

The WADF 'Honorary Officers' refuse (as far as we know at this time) to let anyone else join despite their charity being open to all, and have completely failed to meet the WADF's aim, to provide a sports stadium for Wick & environs. The Chairman and Secretary have repeatedly shown themselves to be unsuitable as Charity Trustees, there's £132 000 in the bank plus about £1500 interest this year and they can't raise any more cash, but rather than standing down and letting others have a go, they're (as far as we know) determined to do things their way or nae way.

Another OSCR (Office of the Scottish Charities Regulator) inquiry is under way (the last one ran from 2004-2007). And all the bad feeling and suspicion that has been generated could have been avoided if those in charge of the WADF had actually allowed people to join them and assist in the campaign.

There has been an ongoing debate on here about how the situation could best be sorted out for the benefit of the community, but after 10 months on here (and ten years overall) the chairman and his cronies still seem to have it all securely stitched up tight.

Perhaps things have improved, maybe there's been progress, there's a chance that changes have been at least begun. But the arrogant & secretive attitude of the WADF means that a cloud of doubt still remains. I hope we'll be enlightened soon, that some sense can be found and progress made so that the money donated by the people of the North and elsewehere is used to its best advantage.

Please listen WADF - its not too late!

DeHaviLand
04-May-11, 16:54
Err, ever mindful of the old adage that it is better to keep one's mouth shut and let the world think you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt, but what in goodness name is the WADF Thread?

Really????