PDA

View Full Version : BT package

telfordstar
02-May-11, 21:41
We currently have our tv,phone and broadband all with sky, it's getting rather pricey!

Has anyone got the package for tv, phone and broadband with BT, if so what like is it, monthly cost etc

Thanks in advance

NickInTheNorth
02-May-11, 21:51
I just got rid of BT as they were unable to provide the service as promised. Due to overutilisation issues and what is called a "hot VP" issue in the Thurso exchange my speed would randomly drop to less than 1600k which is the lower threshold for BT Vision on demand services. This meant that the programmes would freeze, or lose sound etc.

After involving the CEO of BT Retail I was eventually advised that they would be able to esolve my problem on 20th of September!

I am now with Plus.net for broadband, BT for phone and Sky for TV...

In all fairness I must say that WHEN (or if) the BT Vision service was working correctly it was very good, in fact I would choose it over sky's repeats almost any day.

EDDIE
02-May-11, 22:00
We currently have our tv,phone and broadband all with sky, it's getting rather pricey!

Has anyone got the package for tv, phone and broadband with BT, if so what like is it, monthly cost etc

Thanks in advance

Why dont you phone sky up and ask them for your mac code and tell them you want rid of sky ure just as well having freeview i bet they will lower there prices to keep u?

Kevin Milkins
03-May-11, 07:41
I have had this package in Wick and it works well for us, (I think we have had it it for about three yeas now).

It gives us an extra phone line and my mobile at a cheaper price than I was paying AOL for just a crap broadband service.

The 80 hours recording, pause live TV etc is also very usfull and easy to use.

spaceddaisy
03-May-11, 20:14
I've got BT just for phone and broadband, I threatened to leave them as they wouldn't match price on another provider, they put me through to the cancellation dept. who offered me £5 a month broadband. I reckon that sky will more than likely have the same sort of department, it's definitely worth arguing with them.

NickInTheNorth
03-May-11, 20:35
The 80 hours recording, pause live TV etc is also very usfull and easy to use.

But Kevin those bits are just freeview really, it just happens to be a freeview recorder branded by BT. How have you found the BT on demand services, particularly between about 1600-0000?

Kevin Milkins
03-May-11, 21:37
But Kevin those bits are just freeview really, it just happens to be a freeview recorder branded by BT. How have you found the BT on demand services, particularly between about 1600-0000?

If you meen the bit you pay extra for, we have never used it. I find that there is more than enough to pre-record and watch when I we have time to without looking for more. I understand that over Turso end has had problems with with this service, but having been shafted by AOL for a number of years I have to say that this system meets with all our needs and represents value for money, (and Mr's M can work it)lol.

caithgal
06-May-11, 07:13
If you have been with sky for the minimum contract (12 months) phone them and say you are thinking of cancelling and you will no doubt be offered half price for 6 or 12 months. Worth a call but use saynoto0870 website to get the frre phone number for sky