PDA

View Full Version : football

Tom Cornwall
10-Sep-06, 00:05
What's the rules....are we allowed to critisise???? Wick Academy .. they got beat by a large amount again.. is that normal????

willowbankbear
10-Sep-06, 00:07
What's the rules....are we allowed to critisise???? Wick Academy .. they got beat by a large amount again.. is that normal????

Go ahead,Local foootball & Scotland I think

golach
10-Sep-06, 00:08
Only Local Footie

caithnessboyagee
10-Sep-06, 00:17
What's the rules....are we allowed to critisise???? Wick Academy .. they got beat by a large amount again.. is that normal????O please no i cant stand the sport .

scotsboy
10-Sep-06, 15:03
Oh good - if I knew how to do smileys I would put them up. What was the score? More than 6 hopefully.

willowbankbear
10-Sep-06, 15:20
O please no i cant stand the sport .

No one forced you to read this thread either, so really you just came in to wind us up:roll:

scorrie
10-Sep-06, 18:56
Only Local Footie

I hear rumours of new song hitting the charts later this year. Jona Lewie has allegedly been signed up to rework his Christmas Number One "Can You Stop The Cavalry"

Lyrics have been altered to now allow a title and chorus of "Can You Stop Academy"

De-De-De-De-De-De, De-De-De-De-De Etc, "Beat Five Nil at Home This Christmas"

Trumpet fades

golach
10-Sep-06, 19:57
I hear rumours of new song hitting the charts later this year. Jona Lewie has allegedly been signed up to rework his Christmas Number One "Can You Stop The Cavalry"
Lyrics have been altered to now allow a title and chorus of "Can You Stop Academy"
De-De-De-De-De-De, De-De-De-De-De Etc, "Beat Five Nil at Home This Christmas"
Trumpet fades
Scorrie, remember the words of the Monkees song "I'm a Believer" as sung by the Hibbies and sing it while viewing this

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/19730101.html

[lol]

j4bberw0ck
10-Sep-06, 20:01
No one forced you to read this thread either, so really you just came in to wind us up

Don't take it personally, caithnessboyagee, he accuses everyone he doesn't agree with of that :lol::lol:

Murchiemannie
10-Sep-06, 20:45
Don't take it personally, caithnessboyagee, he accuses everyone he doesn't agree with of that :lol::lol:

Do I detect a slight bit of back-stabbing going on here!
One would think with only one local team competeing in the Highland League that the Caithness public (those who like and support football) would get behind and support their team , not try to demean them as some of you tend to be doing.
Every team cannot win each time, so lets give them a chance...Cheer instead of Jeer!

willowbankbear
10-Sep-06, 21:11

Nah, I just didnt agree with your opinion the other day & you wouldnt let it lie until maverick came in, I am interested in Academy, caithnessboyagee clearly isnt. Are you? after all that is what this thread is about?

j4bberw0ck
10-Sep-06, 21:14
Do I detect a slight bit of back-stabbing going on here!

Nahhh. The smilies should be a giveaway as to the humorous intent. Stabbing backs isn't my style; I much prefer soft underbellies. Humour can, of course, highlight truth ;) :lol:.

tenabowla
10-Sep-06, 21:19
I disagree with Murchiemannie, Brora are local and are the team supported by the punters in the west of the county.

Jim

j4bberw0ck
10-Sep-06, 21:19
Are you? after all that is what this thread is about?

Naturally I have at least a passing interest in all the threads on here :lol:. Wouldn't presume to comment about Academy, of course; don't have an opinion.

But your putdown of caithnessboyagee caught my eye. Do you enjoy it? [lol]

willowbankbear
10-Sep-06, 21:22
Scorrie, remember the words of the Monkees song "I'm a Believer" as sung by the Hibbies and sing it while viewing this

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/19730101.html

[lol]

How come ye can post that? thats not highland league Golach[lol] Its slaughter of the cousins(used to be)of Rangers. Now known as Lithuania f.c in the 70`s. I think that Bestie goal went to yer head pal,lol

Cedric Farthsbottom III
10-Sep-06, 21:24
So what was the Wick score.....never heard?

willowbankbear
10-Sep-06, 21:25
Naturally I have at least a passing interest in all the threads on here Wouldn't presume to comment about Academy, of course; don't have an opinion.

But your putdown of caithnessboyagee caught my eye. Do you enjoy it?

LOL , you at your wind ups again?:roll:

Bradcon
10-Sep-06, 21:48
golach if u look at that same london hearts site u will see the proclaimers singing we will wait 105 years and we will wait 105 more.[lol] [lol]

Murchiemannie
10-Sep-06, 22:09
I disagree with Murchiemannie, Brora are local and are the team supported by the punters in the west of the county.

Jim

I was talking about Caithness football, not Sutherland where if my memory proves me right is where Brora was when I drove North last.
Don't mind who each and everyone supports, but in the long run Wick Academy are the Caithness team and that was the point I was making.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
10-Sep-06, 22:16
What was the score?:lol: :lol:

willowbankbear
10-Sep-06, 22:26
They lost, thats all i will say:eek:

Henrik7
11-Sep-06, 13:48
They got beat 5-0.

In all fairness it must be hard to attract players to the club with the reputation it has been left with in recent years. It won't exactly shake it off over night. I know several people who have refused to play for Wick Academy as it is does demand commitment to play in the Highland League with all the travelling. It must be hard to get youngsters in too as who would want to sit on a bus for 5 hours just to sit on a bench. You have to commend SOME of the people involved as well as the players that are currently there for their commmitment to the club. It is a shame the club doesn't have the backing it once had when it made it into the Highland League but when fans are treated badly you can only expect them to turn their backs on the club. It's no wonder there are supporters of Brora up here rather than Academy.

willowbankbear
11-Sep-06, 14:01
Henrick7 , thats very true, I remember a few years ago we used to go & watch Academy Every home game & at least 5-6 away games in a season, well there was one particular game where Wick had played in Keith & lost 7-0 :eek: . Well there was a bus down to watch or sample the local hostelry, after the game I got speaking with the youngsters who were down as subs & I asked "which of you didnt get a game today?" the reply was" all of us!"
Travelling almost 400 round mile trip giving up most of your Saturday for free & not getting a game would start to get to me also. Its just a pity Wick is so remote from the other teams in the Highland League, as I do feel we are at a disadvantage ,player wise & location wise

Tickle
11-Sep-06, 14:25
Wick is so remote, it's a pity about the travelling. Most youngsters have brilliant football skills but they give up due to the travelling involved.

Henrik7
11-Sep-06, 15:10
It's definately a shame about the travelling and hopefully they will split the League to a North and South League which there were plans for but just seemed to vanish without a trace. I think what would have been a great idea was for Wick Academy to have a team in the North Reserve League which could give there U18's a bit of experience for making the step up, keeping them interested and give some players coming back from injury a bit of match fitness before coming back to the main squad.

outsider
12-Sep-06, 00:04
Maybe they have the wrong Budge managing them. Bit late now that he is coaching Brora, I hope Brora thrash Wick.

tenabowla
12-Sep-06, 12:56
Murchiemannie!!

The point is Brora are local also and are an option. Healthy competition is good. Your quote below

"Do I detect a slight bit of back-stabbing going on here!
One would think with only one LOCAL TEAM COMPETING in the Highland League that the Caithness public (those who like and support football) would get behind and support their team , not try to demean them as some of you tend to be doing.
Every team cannot win each time, so lets give them a chance...Cheer instead of Jeer!"

caithnessboyagee
12-Sep-06, 13:04
No one forced you to read this thread either, so really you just came in to wind us up:roll:so is that good enough reason for you to bad rep me ?[disgust]

willowbankbear
12-Sep-06, 14:22
so is that good enough reason for you to bad rep me ?[disgust]

You started it, cant make sense of what your rep is?:roll:

golach
12-Sep-06, 19:23
You started it, cant make sense of what your rep is?:roll:
WWB & Caithnessboyagee kiss and make up this will bring down the wrath of the Admin up us all, and get footie banned from the forums for ever more :(

caithnessboyagee
12-Sep-06, 21:41
You started it, cant make sense of what your rep is?:roll:I wasn't meaning to rep you it was someone else but next time i will bad rep ... and golach i wouldn't kiss that if he was the last thing on earth .

Tickle
13-Sep-06, 00:23
Grow up chaps, It's like kids fighting in a playground.

The Pepsi Challenge
13-Sep-06, 01:30
A Caithness United team would have a more realistic chance of bringing footballing success to the county. It worked for Caledonian Thistle and Inverness Thistle. Build a stadium in Watten (halfway between the county's towns) and Bob's your mother's auntie. Time to move with the times, methinks.

Henrik7
13-Sep-06, 08:23
A Caithness United team would have a more realistic chance of bringing footballing success to the county. It worked for Caledonian Thistle and Inverness Thistle. Build a stadium in Watten (halfway between the county's towns) and Bob's your mother's auntie. Time to move with the times, methinks.

No matter where you have it in Caithness you will still have people complaining. Would certainly stop the Thurso/Wick divide.

tenabowla
13-Sep-06, 17:34
There is actually still a divide in Inverness football. There are a large number of ex Thistle supporters who as point of protest now attend Ross county matches.

Best to have Thurso and Wick team, in absence of that Thurso will continue to support Brora.

lagertops
14-Sep-06, 22:32
North-south league is the way forward me thinks.You could have a team from Orkney,Wick,Thurso,all the way down as far as say Forres. Also you could have a team from the Western Isles playing in Ullapool.This would be far better for all the north clubs,fanancialy, and our local teams might have a better chance off winning something..

saxovtr
14-Sep-06, 23:53
this is why i love this forum,ever topic turns into a slagging match,its gr8 sitting back with a cup of nescafe and browsing through the topics finishes my days off :lol: caithnessboyagee shudnt have come and read it if he wasnt interested not alone commented, i hate football but i did not make sum smart comment about not liking it,just chil oot eh

scotsboy
15-Sep-06, 09:07
Pepsi, you really don't have a clue :)

I know many Inverness Thistle fans who will NEVER support Inverness CALEDONIAN thisle.

It would not work.

golach
15-Sep-06, 09:43
I know many Inverness Thistle fans who will NEVER support Inverness CALEDONIAN thisle.
It would not work.
Scotsboy, I totally agree with you, when Wallet Mercer of Gorgie fame, thought up the daydream of buying Hibernian and having one team in Edinburgh, both sets of supporters were for once in agreement, and the amalgamation was killed stone dead

The Pepsi Challenge
16-Sep-06, 20:31

It would not work.

What - you implying that fans of Thurso FC and Wick Academy (and fans of every other team in the county) wouldn't support an all-Caithness team? Garbage. Course they would.

lagertops
17-Sep-06, 20:27
Lots off small minded people up here Pepsi.The county, all needs to be going in the same direction,what your saying is spot on.