PDA

View Full Version : story telling at wick harbour

katarina
09-Sep-06, 21:17
Did anyone go tonight? I went after work was too late for the story telling. We had a cup of soup and some oatcakes, and listened to the music a wee whiley.
lovely night, enormous moon, water inside harbour like a bottle! If only we had more weather like this!

Moira
09-Sep-06, 21:28
I obviously missed this being advertised - was it part of the Pulteneytown People's Project?

It was certainly a beautiful night - caught the sunset while walking the dog at the river - wonderful!

dirdyweeker
09-Sep-06, 23:20
Yes. I went with a couple of kids. Enjoyed it very much.
Some 2nd year pupils from Wick High School were telling stories, also a female originally from Edinburgh now living in Caithness and a guy from Skye. We were inside a blue lit cellar for one of the stories.
The father and son from Thurso who played the music were also very worthwhile listening.
Hot soup and oatcakes or tea / coffe and shortbread were on offer as well as juice for the kids. Just a bit disappointed at such a poor turnout. I would have thought more folk would have attended.
The weather was on our side and as already said a beautiful moon and the harbour like a sheet of glass..............mind you the midges were out!

cuddlepop
10-Sep-06, 13:34
I'm sorry it was so far away it looked like it would have been a good night.Dirtyweeker:) ,did you catch the guy from Skye's name?

Ann
10-Sep-06, 16:32
http://arts.caithness.org/article.php?id=235

This gives information on the story telling.

dirdyweeker
10-Sep-06, 18:59
I'm sorry it was so far away it looked like it would have been a good night.Dirtyweeker:) ,did you catch the guy from Skye's name?

Ian Stephen. But you will have no doubt read the 'arts' review by now.