PDA

View Full Version : Bad red reputation points

bekisman
01-May-11, 21:40
whoops! looks like someone else has just received one for what was a reasonable post.. personally, IMO I think that anyone who has to use bad reps instead of using their debating skills has lost the argument..

And no I'm not 'really' complaining about mine - like Golach (?) once said it's a badge to be worn with pride .. but does anyone else use bad points to show their frustration instead of debating? if so why? I'm at a loss (honest)

John Little
01-May-11, 21:45
I cannot recall the last time I used one and certainly will not stoop to doing it today.

It's a bit like eructing in church - smells the place up and folk edge away from he what done it.

Tantrum-like I find it - and I certainly will not be having any discussions with a certain party in future.

Once bitten, twice shy.

Rheghead
01-May-11, 21:50
If someone put over an opposing viewpoint so articulate and well constructed then I think that would be deserving of good rep points. But any post that is just designed to make ad hominem attacks on a fellow poster and troll without any justification then I think that is worthy of red points as trolling is against the rules of this forum and it brings such to the notice of admin. There is a hardcore clique on this forum that use trolling and belittlement to frighten others from contributing to this forum. Giving red points in such circumstances is not indicative of being unable to debate, it is being indicative of being fed up with forum bullies.

Dadie
01-May-11, 21:52
Only given out bad rep twice....and that was for getting bad rep first for "picking on someone" who was actually being nasty in pms and telling tales when I wasnt doing what she accused me for.
(when I pmd what I actually wrote everytime I got apologies from the adults) but still got bad rep when I got fed up and decided I wouldnt reply by pm and on the open forum as I was fed up replying then rereplying to everyone who accused me of being nasty...and then getting 3 apologies and a couldnt care pm....
2nd time I couldnt believe the response to a post....in total bad taste!
No point debating in either case....

oldmarine
01-May-11, 21:58
whoops! looks like someone else has just received one for what was a reasonable post.. personally, IMO I think that anyone who has to use bad reps instead of using their debating skills has lost the argument..

And no I'm not 'really' complaining about mine - like Golach (?) once said it's a badge to be worn with pride .. but does anyone else use bad points to show their frustration instead of debating? if so why? I'm at a loss (honest)

I don't claim to be a debater, but I find nothing wrong with what I read here. Perhaps I am too slow at 85 years of age to pick up on the negative stuff.

bekisman
01-May-11, 22:01
I don't claim to be a debater, but I find nothing wrong with what I read here. Perhaps I am too slow at 85 years of age to pick up on the negative stuff.

You are correct oldmarine, there really isn't anything that's wrong here - as we all know, these threads get a bit 'warm' at times, but it's all grist to the mill, harmless repartee..

shazzap
01-May-11, 22:03
I believe. If you can't take it, don't give it.

annemarie482
01-May-11, 22:05
ive never given nor recieved bad rep.
i've never seen the point.
but good rep good advice, informative posts, and posts of good humour! :)

Metalattakk
01-May-11, 22:48
If someone put over an opposing viewpoint so articulate and well constructed then I think that would be deserving of good rep points. But any post that is just designed to make ad hominem attacks on a fellow poster and troll without any justification then I think that is worthy of red points as trolling is against the rules of this forum and it brings such to the notice of admin. There is a hardcore clique on this forum that use trolling and belittlement to frighten others from contributing to this forum. Giving red points in such circumstances is not indicative of being unable to debate, it is being indicative of being fed up with forum bullies.

Sounds to me like you should be awarding yourself some red rep. :roll:

Having said that, I've given red rep before, and I'll no doubt do it again. Only the best of idiots get some from me though.

Rheghead
01-May-11, 22:59
Sounds to me like you should be awarding yourself some red rep. :roll:

Having said that, I've given red rep before, and I'll no doubt do it again. Only the best of idiots get some from me though.

More unprovoked mud slinging. Forum bully takes the pet.

Metalattakk
02-May-11, 00:24
More unprovoked mud slinging. Forum bully takes the pet.

Dearie me, how desperate are you for an argument?

I'd be delighted to oblige you, if I didn't think it would strangely make you happy.

pmcd
02-May-11, 00:32
The Anglo-Saxons used to stand on their mead-hall tables and boast about their prowess before embarking on battles. I'm not saying this is the same thing, but, if the horned helmet fits, then by all means wear it.

You guys posturing remind me of a certain compound in London Zoo - and it ain't the lions!

Phill
02-May-11, 00:54
What time does Tesco's open?

Moira
02-May-11, 01:09

Dunno, but I think it's 6 am. Can we exchange our good/bad rep points on here for Clubcard vouchers? I'm off to join the queue, just in case. :)

Rheghead
02-May-11, 01:12
Shopping bags at dawn then? :)

Moira
02-May-11, 01:22
Sounds like a plan. If you're planning biking it to the Wick Tesco beware of miffed Volvo drivers cutting you up. I can walk so should be safe. ;)

ducati
02-May-11, 08:57
I only ever bad rep orkneycadian these days, does that make me a bad person?:eek:

bekisman
02-May-11, 08:58
Sounds like a plan. If you're planning biking it to the Wick Tesco beware of miffed Volvo drivers cutting you up. I can walk so should be safe. ;)

Can't be me I don't drive a Volvo!

theone
02-May-11, 09:53
Never given nor recieved.

That said, I have got a "grey" one. What does that mean?

Corrie 3
02-May-11, 09:57

8.00am...I hear that Tripe is on offer this week but I wont be buying any. Theres enough on here for free!!!

C3......:roll:;)

golach
02-May-11, 10:19
Never given nor recieved.

A Grey rep is one given by an Orger with a low reputation count, or who has no rep count at all, allegedly

Metalattakk
02-May-11, 10:21

I wouldn't worry about just one grey one. It's when they all go grey, that's the time for concern. ;)

theone
02-May-11, 10:27
A Grey rep is one given by an Orger with a low reputation count, or who has no rep count at all, allegedly

Ah.....

I must have fans in low places!

Dadie
02-May-11, 11:03
Ahh but are they fans or people you have annoyed...both good and bad rep from newbies is grey....
And if they leave no comment it makes you wonder...

Leanne
02-May-11, 11:08
Ahh but are they fans or people you have annoyed...both good and bad rep from newbies is grey....
And if they leave no comment it makes you wonder...

I think the rep in grey is if the person leaving it has got there rep deactivated.

shazzap
02-May-11, 11:15
8.00am...I hear that Tripe is on offer this week but I wont be buying any. Theres enough on here for free!!!

C3......:roll:;)

Ah, but i hear. Your a major contributor. :lol:

Corrie 3
02-May-11, 11:41
Ah, but i hear. Your a major contributor. :lol:
Yes Shazz, but mine is nice tripe, not the nasty stuff!!......;)

C3....:lol:

shazzap
02-May-11, 11:53
Yes Shazz, but mine is nice tripe, not the nasty stuff!!......

C3....:lol:

I suppose, if you like it with onions. :roll: Ha ha. ;)

Corrie 3
02-May-11, 12:16
I cannot recall the last time I used one and certainly will not stoop to doing it today.

It's a bit like eructing in church - smells the place up and folk edge away from he what done it.

Tantrum-like I find it - and I certainly will not be having any discussions with a certain party in future.

Once bitten, twice shy.
John, if your one bad red rep is feeling lonely on its own I could send you one to keep it company....There, how generous am I????/

C3....:roll:;)

bekisman
02-May-11, 12:50
Dunno, but I think it's 6 am. Can we exchange our good/bad rep points on here for Clubcard vouchers? I'm off to join the queue, just in case. :)

Sorry Moira, just come off the phone to Tesco head Office via their switchboard on 0844 41 46 079, seems only a skeleton staff on duty - took a while to get the poor girl to understand. All I wanted to know was can these points be exchanged..

Don't know if she was dim or not, but said would get a supervisor to ring back on Tuesday.. Sorry about that, but will let you know.