PDA

View Full Version : royal beef

mey999
01-May-11, 18:21
Did you know beef from mey castle was eaten at the royal wedding ! emmmmmm.

Ricanna
01-May-11, 19:29
Well done to you/them

Bobinovich
01-May-11, 19:30
Can't say I blame them - nothing beats a bit o' Highland beef :D

Rheghead
01-May-11, 19:31
A bit of an insult to our intelligence if Prince Charles wants us to support his supposed drive for locally derived produce don't you think?

John Little
01-May-11, 19:33
A bit of an insult to our intelligence if Prince Charles wants us to support his supposed drive for locally derived produce don't you think?

Trying but failing to follow you...?

Rheghead
01-May-11, 19:35
Trying but failing to follow you...?

I'm not gonna try to explain if you don't find it obvious.

John Little
01-May-11, 19:38
Fine - it's not that important to me anyway but if you choose to hide what you think in an obfuscation then I doubt many people will understand what you are saying. I certainly don't - but Meh.

Rheghead
01-May-11, 19:44
No obfuscation, just dismayed by his double standard. And all that jetting around as well that he does, he probably flew the beef down on a chartered flight just to be at the wedding all fresh and nice lek.

John Little
01-May-11, 19:53
Ah.

I don't really agree. By local produce I thought the reference was to British as opposed to Argentine or French.

I have no objections to his using a jet- I've done it myself a few times. And I buy beans in Tescos that are flown from Kenya.

But since you don't really know, and it could have gone by train or refrigerated van, I have to conclude that you are taking a cheap shot at royalty.

To return to the thread I would prefer to give warmest congratulations and respect to the folk at Mey for producing something of such quality that it is given pride of place at a great state occasion. I hope it stimulates demand for your product all over the world and well done to all of you.

Rheghead
01-May-11, 19:58
I have to conclude that you are taking a cheap shot at royalty.

Then you would be wrong.

John Little
01-May-11, 20:01
Then you would be wrong.

Then what, exactly, was it?

golach
01-May-11, 20:13
Nowt wrong with beef from Mey at the Wedding Reception Rheg, your just jealous you could not get you hands on any as I am

Rheghead
01-May-11, 20:22
Then what, exactly, was it?

A genuine criticism where support or no support for the Royal Family was not meant to be implied but you were quick to insinuate. In other words you were trolling for a response which you got.

John Little
01-May-11, 20:29
A genuine criticism where support or no support for the Royal Family was not meant to be implied but you were quick to insinuate. In other words you were trolling for a response which you got.

Oh I fancy that I know a meow when I see one.

The one who was trolling for a response on a thread about Mey beef was you. And you got one. Didn't you?

'Genuine criticism' is founded on evidence. You presented none. Just supposition assuming the worst.

I reckon Golach got it right. But perhaps not about beef.

Not implied?

- have the courage to say what you mean. If you want to have a go at the royals then start a thread about it.

Rheghead
01-May-11, 20:36
You were trolling and more (see mieow comment), trolling is goading a person into a response on the person not the issues, that was you. I was making a point worthy of discussion, you weren't, you just made insinuations about my support for the monarchy. The evidence is there to read, you cannot retract that, you should not dig the hole deeper for yourself.

If you kept the discussion to the issue of Mey Selections being used at the wedding and why you think I was wrong to think the way that I do then I would be happy to discuss. But you preferred to shoot the messenger, and make an ad hominem attack.

John Little
01-May-11, 20:41
'ad hominem ' is your favourite expression in these situations. Actually it was a set of ideas put forward by one person that set this off.

Here are the ideas;

"A bit of an insult to our intelligence if Prince Charles wants us to support his supposed drive for locally derived produce don't you think?"

Who said this?

What did he mean?

Why did he say it?

What is the subject of the sentence?

What is the object of the sentence?

Go ahead and start something, then disclaim it. What do we call people on the internet who do that?

Rheghead
01-May-11, 20:46
'ad hominem ' is your favourite expression in these situations. Actually it was a set of ideas put forward by one person that set this off.

Here are the ideas;

"A bit of an insult to our intelligence if Prince Charles wants us to support his supposed drive for locally derived produce don't you think?"

Who said this?

What did he mean?

Why did he say it?

What is the subject of the sentence?

What is the object of the sentence?

Go ahead and start something, then disclaim it. What do we call people on the internet who do that?

If you stuck to the subject of this thread instead of going after your prey then we would get a proper discussion going. Stop digging...

John Little
01-May-11, 20:46
You pathetic man.

Now I have a red reputation point and shall wear it as a badge of pride.

Guess who from?

A petty little troll, bankrupt of ideas, lashing out in a fit of pet.

John Little
01-May-11, 20:47
If you stuck to the subject of this thread instead of going after your prey then we would get a proper discussion going. Stop digging...

A discussion about Mey beef?

Or Prince Charles's double standards?
Or the morality of jetting produce?

I "chase my prey" no longer. You ain't worth it.

bekisman
01-May-11, 21:33
You pathetic man.

Now I have a red reputation point and shall wear it as a badge of pride.

Guess who from?

A petty little troll, bankrupt of ideas, lashing out in a fit of pet.
Join the 'R' club John...

John Little
01-May-11, 21:37

You mean if you disagree or push for justification then you get red points?

There should be a health warning for the Org then.

shazzap
01-May-11, 21:43

They don't show any where, so whose to know. My self i think it's stupid to give any bad rep, for debating any issues.

oldmarine
01-May-11, 21:54
I've read all the comments and have failed to see any real problem with the original comment.

Carole
01-May-11, 22:16
I'm amazed that John has received a red rep point when it is clear that Rheghead is out to make trouble.

Rheghead
01-May-11, 22:18
I'm amazed that John has received a red rep point when it is clear that Rheghead is out to make trouble.

And what trouble would that be?

John Little
01-May-11, 22:22
Carole - I advise against reply.

For obvious reasons.

golach
02-May-11, 09:45

I just read that it was Mey Lamb on the menu not beef, maybe Rheg will be feeling sheepish now [lol]

Corrie 3
02-May-11, 09:51

I wonder if he got a Staff discount?

C3....;)

_Ju_
02-May-11, 09:52
I don't know if they air freighted their beef or not, but you do not need to air freight beef from caithness to have it arrive in London "fresh and nice lek". It can be shifted perfectly in lorries with no impact to the quality of the meat.Besides, it would not even be flown/carried in lorries from Caithness, but probably from Inverurie which is the abattoir that kills cattle for Mey select ( I think). If anything, people should really be complaining about the fact that Mey Select claims the use of "local abattoires", but the closest mainland abattoir is now in Dingwall, which they do not use. Transporting live animals is a problem in animal welfare terms and alot more costly in energy terms than transporting meat.

neilsermk1
02-May-11, 21:19
A discussion about Mey beef?

Or Prince Charles's double standards?
Or the morality of jetting produce?

I "chase my prey" no longer. You ain't worth it.

What is wrong with you guy's for heavens sake start acting like grown up's

John Little
02-May-11, 21:23
Please tell me how grown ups act...

neilsermk1
02-May-11, 21:35
Please tell me how grown ups act...

That is a valid question, might be worth starting a new thread on that.

John Little
02-May-11, 21:36
Please do so - but at the moment I am wondering why you resurrected this thread to give instruction in behaviour.