PDA

View Full Version : barenaked ladies

Ojibwa
09-Sep-06, 18:54
Hi any other barenaked ladies ( the band that is! :lol: ) fans out there ? I'm so excited i got tickets to go see them in February, yeah!!!.

Anyone else seen them live before ?

martin macdonald
09-Sep-06, 18:58
i hope it wont be to cold then[lol]

canuck
09-Sep-06, 19:51
Yes, ojibwa, I am on the fan list.

scotsboy
14-Sep-06, 19:23
Seen them about 4 times live - fantastic band. Where they playing in FEB?

Ojibwa
14-Sep-06, 22:47
They're playing quite a few dates all over Canada, I'm seeing them in Sault Ste. Marie. :cool:

scotsboy
15-Sep-06, 18:16
It'll be great. I just downloaded their latest album, not given it a listen yet.

The Pepsi Challenge
16-Sep-06, 01:52
Tastelessly square, listening to the Barenaked Ladies can't be any worse than being force-fed Hootie & The Blowfish whilst chewing pins. Still, whatever does it for you, I guess...

scotsboy
16-Sep-06, 15:37
Whatever Pepsi, I've seen a fair few bands live and the Barenaked Ladies are up there with the best. Why spoil someone else's enjoyment with your inane remarks?

WeeBurd
16-Sep-06, 16:54
Y'see, this is one of the things that stops me from posting in the music section ...

Lighten up Pepsi, darling! I don't like 'em either, but Oji et all do, and branding them tasteless is rather unfair. I mean, is it absolutely essential that we all listen to the same music? I guess not, because then we wouldn't have some people who were cooler than the others ;) , eh? There's room in this world for all kind of music! Well, except for Robbie Williams, but then that's another thread.

Gosh, muso's really do loose their heads up their botty's sometimes :lol: !

K dragon
16-Sep-06, 17:05
wow, i have been waiting for someone to say that.

and i happen to like hootie and the blowfish pepsi.

scotsboy
16-Sep-06, 17:12
I have yet to meet anyone who has gone to a BNL concert and not enjoyed themselves.

The Pepsi Challenge
16-Sep-06, 17:55
Well, gimme a shout next time you're in Edinburgh, scotsboy, and I'll tell you. And I'm not trying to sound inane; just trying to warn folks.

roblovesplastic
16-Sep-06, 18:00
Tastelessly square, listening to the Barenaked Ladies can't be any worse than being force-fed Hootie & The Blowfish whilst chewing pins. Still, whatever does it for you, I guess...

again I see the pepsi dude as being the shining light of goodness here, he is bein positive.

Barry (pepsi) might as well be saying 'buy 10 copies of the album because this band will change music'

always look on the bright side eh.

[lol]

scotsboy
16-Sep-06, 18:26
Well, gimme a shout next time you're in Edinburgh, scotsboy, and I'll tell you. And I'm not trying to sound inane; just trying to warn folks.

What is it you are trying to warn them? The fact that you don’t/didn’t enjoy listening to or seeing BNL? (For me that is a positive) Anyone who has heard the band will not be disappointed in their shows – and those who have never heard them won’t be disappointed either.
Who bestowed upon you the position of taste master in all matters music? Music is a matter of personal choice, strange as it may seem my taste in music is very catholic, BNL are one of many acts I have seen live, and for stage performance, sound reproduction, audience interaction/participation they are up their with the best of them.

roblovesplastic
16-Sep-06, 18:37
gees album names and I will connect to apple and download the muthas