PDA

View Full Version : RIP Thurso Goods Shed

r.rackstraw
29-Apr-11, 23:01
I see that the old goods shed at the railway station has been demolished. It was an interesting relic and noteworthy for being a large wooden building from a bygone era.
It was looking a bit shoogly but I am sorry to see it go the way of the Brewery, Shore Street Kiln, etc, etc.

Metalattakk
30-Apr-11, 05:00
The first cats I ever had came from there. My brother came home with the mother and her three kittens, they'd been living in that shed.

One of the kittens, a ginger tom, was given to our auntie and uncle but we kept the others except for the mother, who went off to "live on a farm" somewhere, but for some reason we weren't allowed to go and see her. :(

The two remaining kittens went on to become constant companions all throughout my childhood. Happy days indeed. . . :)

webmannie
30-Apr-11, 07:08
I used to work in that shed when it was used for goods marshalling, fantastic memories of a bygone era, when everything we bought came by train. Very few lorries on the road then. Noticed it gone the other day when i passed, looks very empty now!

joxville
30-Apr-11, 08:36
The first cats I ever had came from there. My brother came home with the mother and her three kittens, they'd been living in that shed.

One of the kittens, a ginger tom, was given to our auntie and uncle but we kept the others except for the mother, who went off to "live on a farm" somewhere, but for some reason we weren't allowed to go and see her. :(

The two remaining kittens went on to become constant companions all throughout my childhood. Happy days indeed. . . :)

Do I detect a little chink in your armour, that you might after all, have a heart? :D

thirsaloon
30-Apr-11, 17:01
Sod it! I was always meaning to go and photograph it for the records, oh well, cant have everything! :(

Metalattakk
30-Apr-11, 17:25
Do I detect a little chink in your armour, that you might after all, have a heart? :D

Are ye callin' me a soft puff, like? :evil

webmannie
01-May-11, 07:17
If Joxville isn't, i will, i've got photographic evidence as proof.

Metalattakk
01-May-11, 11:35
Aye but Stag Nights don't count, my abdominous foe. ;)

Being held against one's will and forced to don old women's nightwear, then being tied to - nay, crucified on - the Forsinard Railway Station sign as the nine o' clock train pulls in, does not count as being symptomatic of any form of soft puffery imaginable. :D

Mind you, I shudder to think what else you might have on me. :eek: