PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for today from Castletown School!!

Westsider3
29-Apr-11, 20:20
We would like to say a huge thanks to all the people who came out to help us celebrate our parade around the village today! It was amazing and we were all extremely delighted to see such a huge turnout!

This was a day for history and it is fabulous that our children will have such a great memory of it! They had a fantastic day and were so very well-behaved! The wedding we held was tear-jerking and the actors were excellent! The parade was well-attended, the speeches prior to our wedding buffet lunch were well-spoken and the dance in the afternoon was great fun! It was amazing how quiet and interested the children were watching the actual royal ceremony too!! And to top it all we had a fantastic day of sunshine! Who could ask for more?

All in all it was a memorable day and I for one thoroughly enjoyed it!!!

Thanks again everyone!!

maidencaithness
29-Apr-11, 20:24
It was a great day for everyone, It was lovely to see the whole school walking up through the village, a huge well done to everyone!

JD6400
29-Apr-11, 20:27
What an excellent day for the children, parents and staff of Castletown School. What a fantastic ceremony and a huge amount of work put in by all. It was great to see so many locals lining the streets to cheer on the procession and take pictures. I'm very proud that my children were part of it. well done all x

wotever
29-Apr-11, 22:23
The whole day was fantastic, it was great seeing the children dressed up in their wedding outfits and thoroughly enjoying themselves.

Well done to the kids and staff at Castletown School.

newpark
30-Apr-11, 08:00
I have to agree with all of the above. The day was lovely, horse drawn carriage, sunshine kids all laughing and singing lovely sight. The staff and pupils of Castletown school should be very proud.

Sun Circle
30-Apr-11, 20:38
I thought it was just lovely to see so many people out on the streets supporting the kids.

My favourite bit of the parade was when the older kids all started singing "Congratulations, and celebrations... we want the world to know that Castletown is great!" Fair made me proud to be a Castletown resident.

A happy day all round! :Razz

alanatkie
30-Apr-11, 23:04
Have to agree with the above comments. The kids were fantastic, really was lovely to see the kids all dressed smart. Fab turn out from the public too. It was well worth all the effort from Castletown School. It was wonderful to be part of it all :)

alanatkie
01-May-11, 11:03
There has been some pictures & video's added to the school website of this occassion. Click here (http://www.castletownprimaryschool.com/royalwedding/default.aspx)to view.

tootler
01-May-11, 19:10
:D I was in last Wednesday to help with the music - I can honestly say I've never been in a happier school. Staff and pupils - the whole school was buzzing with joy! Great work and so pleased that the wedding was a success. Congratulations to all involved.

Sun Circle
01-May-11, 20:39
There has been some pictures & video's added to the school website of this occassion. Click here (http://www.castletownprimaryschool.com/royalwedding/default.aspx)to view.

Thanks for that link Alanatkie - I didn't know the school had a website at http://www.castletownprimaryschool.com - I've always just looked up the Highland Council website when I needed phone number or email for Castletown Primary but this is a much better site. I've sent the webmaster my photos of the day too so they can add them to the collection.

The video is fantastic - I've emailed a link to my mother-in-law in the deep south so she can see what her grandchildren have been up to (and what splendid weather we've been having too!)

alanatkie
02-May-11, 10:50
Glad to be of help Sun Circle. There is some lovely pictures that have been added from parents.