PDA

View Full Version : Wick Hogmany Party

Douglas Cowie
29-Apr-11, 19:33
Looks like it's the end of the Wick Hogmany Party, I haven't been the last couple of years for personal reasons but I did attend quite a few before and did help out one year as my son's band were involved. The biggest problem in my opinion was the weather; at times it was a struggle and it was very hard on the bands having to play when they were freezing cold.

At the end of the day who will miss it? and if you do, do you miss it enough to do anything about it?

From what I have seen over the last couple of years it has been very much a younger crowd (I am getting old! I know) should they be taking the lead and organising it ?

Is it the usual Caithness problem, apathy; happy enough to attend as long as I haven't got to do anything and somebody else does it all for me?

What do you think?

rogermellie
29-Apr-11, 21:06
Is it the usual Caithness problem, apathy; happy enough to attend as long as I haven't got to do anything and somebody else does it all for me?

i reckon you're right, all those who were happy to pose for the camera at last years bash and have their mugs on the org should be falling over themselves to join the committee

although perhaps some people thought the committee was well stocked after their last appeal and didn't realise it was the 11th hour.

either way, i hope it's not the end of the party :(

gollach
01-May-11, 12:58
People of Wick.

If you don't get your act together, the only Hogmanay entertainment you'll get this year is Laurel Bush reading poetry outside Wetherspoons.

Mr P Cannop
01-May-11, 16:09
People of Wick.

If you don't get your act together, the only Hogmanay entertainment you'll get this year is Laurel Bush reading poetry outside Wetherspoons.

if thats the case no one will turn up to hear him